How Long

Spiderman

Oct 2, 2013
I haven't been here very long and quite frankly I;m not sure how long I'll be a regular.

I signed up out of boredom but am beginning to wonder if I will get anything out of this forum. Is it just the same people bickering about the same stuff all the time?

I have never had time for this kind of thing before but I kind of took the last 6 months off and honestly I'm going nuts. The first few months were great I traveled a bit hiked the Grand Canyon and bagged a few summits in CO but now the inactivity is getting to me.

I think I have to find another project very soon.

forumsuicide.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVrEwCa8nSA]"Well...................Bye." - YouTube[/ame]

I haven't been here very long and quite frankly I;m not sure how long I'll be a regular.

I signed up out of boredom but am beginning to wonder if I will get anything out of this forum. Is it just the same people bickering about the same stuff all the time?

I have never had time for this kind of thing before but I kind of took the last 6 months off and honestly I'm going nuts. The first few months were great I traveled a bit hiked the Grand Canyon and bagged a few summits in CO but now the inactivity is getting to me.

Either ya like it or you don't, shit or get off the pot.

Where else can you have the entire internet hear your opinion? I guarantee you, every bot and crawler from A to Z is scanning this board. Just do a google search of your thread title, and it'll come back to this board.

That's why I'm here, to let all those little bubble headed leftards know that there's die hard conservatives out there that will fight them tooth and nail every mother fucking step of the way.

Yes pretty much, just as you described. The posters reflect the cyclical mood of the nation and some need to come here to relieve their anger or anxieties and do so by nothing more than arguing their positions. It helps some of them cope, and over-stimulates the rest. For some, it helps to let off steam, so to speak. That doesn't work for me. That only adds to my frustration.

Over the past 3+ years, I have learned how to be here without getting caught up in it all and I designed a few ways you might be interested in. I can come here without leaving my keyboard in a negative or angry mood, most all of the time.

Here are a few of the ways in which I accomplish my goal of having a positive experience at USMB.

I don't argue opinions.

I don't defend my posts or positions.

I don't read most liberal's posts or OPs.

I don't subscribe to threads.

I don't have to be right, or loud or have the last word.

I don't make a post and then go back and forth, to see what someone thought of it. I don't care. I do go back, to see if it published correctly. I am here only to please myself.

I do post opinions without profanity, name-calling or snark. My behavior here, is the same as in public.

I try to avoid being judgmental. If I am, I keep it to myself.

For those I don't visually ignore, I use my ignore list. Currently 7 in there. Out of sight, out of mind.

I don't "camp out" here. "Familiarity breeds contempt?" About 6 posts a day, on average, then I am done.

That's all I can think of, as of this post. I may edit it later...:lol:

In order to change your life, you have to first change your mind, and I hope you change your mind about leaving here, Spiderman. There really are many forums in which to participate, that encourage good vibrations. The Coffee Shop and The Tavern, are but two. There is also a Clean Debate Forum. :)

There are other places on this forum to enjoy. Check out the Coffee Shop or The Tavern. Those places are for all of the forum community to go to discuss whatever in a friendly family type environment. No politics, no bickering. If none of that appeals to you, swing your way outta here, Spiderman. I don't particularly care for complaining.

Forum List

Back