How Tesla has reduce the cost of electricity in South Australia

Old Rocks

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2008
Portland, Ore.
The now 150 Mw/hr battery in South Australia has created a major reduction in price for the people of Australia. Now there are many similar projects being planned and built in the US and other nations.

The Hornsdale Power Reserve holds a whopping 1 hour's worth of energy.

The now 150 Mw/hr battery in South Australia has created a major reduction in price for the people of Australia. Now there are many similar projects being planned and built in the US and other nations.

Am I missing something? What does donating a deer mount have to do with reducing the price of energy?

Am I missing something? What does donating a deer mount have to do with reducing the price of energy?

It's a global warming thing ... you wouldn't understand.

LOL Was in a hurry, and didn't realize that the site had failed to copy. So here is the correct site;

So I gather that batteries can help out in peak requirements without having to build a whole new power plant that is rarely needed?

Checking in on Tesla’s Austin-area factory

Nov. 30, 2020
1623528964187.png

Construction of the planned Tesla factory in southeastern Travis County has been proceeding so fast that watching it take shape is practically a spectator sport.

Here are five things to know about the facility, which is at Texas 130 and Harold Green Road.

1. Tesla appears intent on producing more than cars here

The company has said it will manufacture many of its electric vehicles at the factory, but it has filed for a permit from the state to produce batteries as well. That would make the facility among the first Tesla locations to have both full-scale battery and vehicle production.

Tesla, which is based in California, hasn’t publicly confirmed the battery operation, but an air-quality permit application it filed with the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality makes things pretty clear.

This place is in Austin, Texas.

Checking in on Tesla's Austin-area factory (statesman.com)

One should always bear in mind that Musk has proven to be very anti-union and, like all the other billionaires, pays practically nothing in federal taxes compared to his lowest paid employees. I still can't help appreciating that, unlike the others, he's unquestionably accomplished progressive, technological change for this country, possibly the entire world. I have Tesla solar panels on my roof and still look forward to owning or at least driving a Tesla car some day. But I'll never really get to vote on any of it. Our interests are not being publicly represented. Musk is no more accountable to us than Gates, Buffet, or Bezos. They basically just do whatever the hell they like and get richer. Too big shall never be a sustainable economic model nor any proper way to ensure the people's needs are even being considered let alone served. We can do much better.

New Topics

Forum List

Back