How would your life change?

I'm not certain many people are stuck on one option?

If you believe in God, like I do, science does not conflict with Him, science is simply the tool used, in trying to explain Him, and what he did! :D
Like making plants before sunlight?
Or how the Earth has four corners?
There are MANY biblical errors proven by science.
sending out Angels or Trumpets or Bowls dispersed to the four corners of the Earth, is proverbial and not meant to be a scientific description of earth...:)

If you believe in God, like I do, science does not conflict with Him, science is simply the tool used, in trying to explain Him, and what he did! :D
sending out Angels or Trumpets or Bowls dispersed to the four corners of the Earth, is proverbial and not meant to be a scientific description of earth...:)
umm ok lol
what about
Isaiah 11:12 “And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.”
Job 38:18 “Have you comprehended the expanse of the earth?”
Genesis 13:17 “Go walk through the length and breadth of the land, for I am giving it to you.”
Revelation 20:7-8 “And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, and shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.”
What about these as well?
1 Chronicles 16:30 “Tremble before him, all the earth! The world is firmly established; it cannot be moved.”
Psalm 104:5-6 “He set the earth on its foundations; it can never be moved.
Sirach 17:6 says: "He gave them the ability to think, made a tongue, eyes and ears and gave them a heart to be able to think."
Genesis 1:16: "And God made the two great lights—the greater light to rule the day and the lesser light to rule the night—and the stars."
Ecclesiastes 1:5 "The sun also ariseth, and the sun goeth down, and hasteth to his place where he arose."
After you dishonestly explain these away, I have MANY more :)

But what if the published proof disproved the acts of any gods?
It can't disprove a God. We were only given a Short Story in the Bible, cliff notes.... that allows room for anything and everything! :D

You are speaking to the wrong person.... I think the idea of God and all that jazz that goes with it, is illogical, crazy, ridiculous etc etc etc....

BUT, I BELIEVE EVERY WORD OF IT!!!

I believe in God, it is inside me, and there is nothing and no one, (including my logical self) on this Earth that can change my belief in Him, no matter how crazy it may all seem....

umm ok lol
what about
Isaiah 11:12 “And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.”
Genesis 13:17 “Go walk through the length and breadth of the land, for I am giving it to you.”
Revelation 20:7-8 “And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, and shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.”
1 Chronicles 16:30 “Tremble before him, all the earth! The world is firmly established; it cannot be moved.”
Sirach 17:6 says: "He gave them the ability to think, made a tongue, eyes and ears and gave them a heart to be able to think."
Genesis 1:16: "And God made the two great lights—the greater light to rule the day and the lesser light to rule the night—and the stars."
Ecclesiastes 1:5 "The sun also ariseth, and the sun goeth down, and hasteth to his place where he arose."

It's a figure of speach, still used today TN.

What is the four corners of the Earth?​

four corners of the earth, the. The far ends of the world; all parts of the world. For example, Athletes came from the four corners of the earth to compete in the Olympics. This expression appeared in the Bible (Isaiah 11:12): "And gather the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.".

umm ok lol
what about

It's a figure of speach, still used today TN.

What is the four corners of the Earth?​

four corners of the earth, the. The far ends of the world; all parts of the world. For example, Athletes came from the four corners of the earth to compete in the Olympics. This expression appeared in the Bible (Isaiah 11:12): "And gather the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.".
Still used today? LMAO It was just made up a few years ago. There are many verses that back up they thought the earth was flat. But go ahead and ignore everything.
"Faith is the last refuge of the dishonest" - TNHarley circa 2021

LOL you laugh but all you have is 20th century revisionism.
Guess if thats all i had and i refused to be honest, thats what i would do, too.

Exactly ... if it's irrefutable ... then it's not science ... but this is the philosophy forum, so we can do this !!! ...

Nothing would change right away ... but we do connect gravity with chromoelectromagnetism ... some great technologies would come out of that, but it would take many many years to develop ... anti-gravity would be exceptionally handy to have around ... perhaps a new, abundant and free source of energy ... the military applications boggle the mind ...

However ... it wouldn't change what it means to be a good citizen ... there will still be whores, thieves and beggars ... biology will still be structured around evolution ... Our Lord within will still sit in judgement of us ... and Paris Hilton will still be a slut ...

WHAT IF we discovery there was no beginning, there is no end ... the universe always has been and always will be ... the Hindus got it right, the rest of us are wrong ...

The wheel is turning and you can't slow down
You can't let go and you can't hold on
You can't go back and you can't stand still
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will
Science is nothing but the method of validating so if there was a proof published then the scientific method would have had to be used.

Now what if the proof negated the theory of an all powerful god being the creator? Would that being still be the lord?

Science is nothing but the method of validating so if there was a proof published then the scientific method would have had to be used.

Actually ... publishing a scientific paper is just one link in the scientific method ... by no means an end-in-of-itself ... the results of one experiment should lead to the design of the next experiment ... there's a foundation that recognizes scientific papers that lead to a dead-end ... research that should never be repeated and/or shouldn't have been done in the first place ... the Ignobel Award for Physics in 2019 went to Yang et al for their paper on "studying how, and why, wombats make cube-shaped faeces." ...

Now what if the proof negated the theory of an all powerful god being the creator? Would that being still be the lord?

God is a religious concept ... science is ill-equipped to address religious matters ... all we can say is religion worked better than science during humanity's first 199,500 years of existence ...

Exactly ... if it's irrefutable ... then it's not science ... but this is the philosophy forum, so we can do this !!! ...

Nothing would change right away ... but we do connect gravity with chromoelectromagnetism ... some great technologies would come out of that, but it would take many many years to develop ... anti-gravity would be exceptionally handy to have around ... perhaps a new, abundant and free source of energy ... the military applications boggle the mind ...

However ... it wouldn't change what it means to be a good citizen ... there will still be whores, thieves and beggars ... biology will still be structured around evolution ... Our Lord within will still sit in judgement of us ... and Paris Hilton will still be a slut ...

WHAT IF we discovery there was no beginning, there is no end ... the universe always has been and always will be ... the Hindus got it right, the rest of us are wrong ...

Actually ... publishing a scientific paper is just one link in the scientific method ... by no means an end-in-of-itself ... the results of one experiment should lead to the design of the next experiment ... there's a foundation that recognizes scientific papers that lead to a dead-end ... research that should never be repeated and/or shouldn't have been done in the first place ... the Ignobel Award for Physics in 2019 went to Yang et al for their paper on "studying how, and why, wombats make cube-shaped faeces." ...

God is a religious concept ... science is ill-equipped to address religious matters ... all we can say is religion worked better than science during humanity's first 199,500 years of existence ...
Religion only worked as a societal control.

I have come to understand that religion has nothing to do with gods and everything to do with control.

My question was a hypothetical one to lead into a conversation about personal philosophies and how people react to learning that what they may have believed was false.

But once again the nuance is being lost in the literal

I have come to understand that religion has nothing to do with gods and everything to do with control.

My question was a hypothetical one to lead into a conversation about personal philosophies and how people react to learning that what they may have believed was false.

But once again the nuance is being lost in the literal

Sure ... and what is society without control? ... it's called anarchy ... some people put their faith and trust in the Laws of God ... others put their faith in ... ummm ... er ... the United States Congress !!! ...

I understand not wanting to trust a sky-god ... but why do you place your trust with whoremongers, thieves and the riff-raff we elect to write our laws? ...

and how people react to learning that what they may have believed was false

... and so I asked you ... what if this universal scientific proof showed what you believe was false? ... it's the Bible where it says there's a beginning of time, why are we assuming this is true when there's not one shred of evidence? ... there may never be any evidence ... at what point does your beginning of the universe become dogmatic? ...

We just passed the 100th anniversary of irrefutable proof that gravity doesn't exist ... it's a make-believe concept for the ignorant ... now that you've been told about this fairy-tale, how do you react? ...

Forum List

Back