What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hydroponic Veggies

Muhammed

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm a prepper so I was ready for the pandemic.

The one shortfall I had was that I had to hit the grocery store for fresh vegetables in the winter. That bothered me a little bit. What if this would have been a more serious pandemic (which will likely happen eventually)?

I tend to eat a fresh garden salad with most of my meals. So I'm going to try to grow them indoors at home hydroponically so I can have them all year around. I'm going to try tomatoes, bell peppers and lettuce at first.

Any tips for indoor hydroponic vegetable gardening would be greatly appreciated. I would also like to hear of any personal experiences you've had with indoor vegetable gardening.

irosie91

Diamond Member
Reaction score

The one shortfall I had was that I had to hit the grocery store for fresh vegetables in the winter. That bothered me a little bit. What if this would have been a more serious pandemic (which will likely happen eventually)?

I tend to eat a fresh garden salad with most of my meals. So I'm going to try to grow them indoors at home hydroponically so I can have them all year around. I'm going to try tomatoes, bell peppers and lettuce at first.

Any tips for indoor hydroponic vegetable gardening would be greatly appreciated. I would also like to hear of any personal experiences you've had with indoor vegetable gardening.
good luck ----post up your victories and----defeats

Dekster

Gold Member
Reaction score

I haven't had much luck growing lettuce in doors, but that is probably because I don't use my grow lights on them.

OP
Muhammed

Muhammed

Platinum Member
Reaction score

I haven't had much luck growing lettuce in doors, but that is probably because I don't use my grow lights on them.
What kind of lettuce were you growing?

I'm trying romaine lettuce first because for me it has always been the easiest lettuce to grow in my garden. Of course that doesn't mean it will necessarily be as easy to grow it hydroponically. But that's what I'm starting with.

Dekster

Gold Member
Reaction score

What kind of lettuce were you growing?

I'm trying romaine lettuce first because for me it has always been the easiest lettuce to grow in my garden. Of course that doesn't mean it will necessarily be as easy to grow it hydroponically. But that's what I'm starting with.

Oak leaf, black-seeded simpson, and a salad mix. None did well with just natural light. I have gas heat so not sure if zero humidity was a factor.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$515.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List