Hyundai To Debut 3 Month 'Try Before You Buy'

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
Good idea, if people are in the market for new vehicles, this can make a difference and set the hook. Seen a couple Ford Mach-E's on the road, but the styling by Ford sucks. Tesla's are everywhere, but have not seen an Ioniq yet.

2022-Hyundai-Ioniq-5-03.jpg

2022-Hyundai-Ioniq-5-07.jpg

I expect it to be an expensive 3 month lease for those that decide not to buy.

Yea, it might, but if they want to make it enticing, it shouldn't be.

320 HP, all wheel drive is pretty cool.

Due out in select states before the end of 2021, and nationwide the following year, the 2022 Ioniq 5 will be offered in three trim levels called SE, SEL and Limited. Pricing information hasn't been announced. Models sold in North America will ship with a 77.4-kilowatt-hour battery pack that stores enough electricity to deliver about 300 miles of driving range when customers order a single, 225-horsepower electric motor and rear-wheel-drive. Range decreases to about 244 miles when buyers select the 320-horsepower dual-motor all-wheel-drive model.

Good idea, if people are in the market for new vehicles, this can make a difference and set the hook. Seen a couple Ford Mach-E's on the road, but the styling by Ford sucks. Tesla's are everywhere, but have not seen an Ioniq yet.

View attachment 497245
View attachment 497246
Anyone that thinks the DNC will be held accountable for anything is delusional.

They are either the most corrupt mob organization in the world or they should be cannonized by the Catholic Church for sainthood.

You be the judge.

1622812193149.png

Due out in select states before the end of 2021, and nationwide the following year, the 2022 Ioniq 5 will be offered in three trim levels called SE, SEL and Limited. Pricing information hasn't been announced. Models sold in North America will ship with a 77.4-kilowatt-hour battery pack that stores enough electricity to deliver about 300 miles of driving range when customers order a single, 225-horsepower electric motor and rear-wheel-drive. Range decreases to about 244 miles when buyers select the 320-horsepower dual-motor all-wheel-drive model.
The value of the car will drop several thousand dollars over that three month trial period.

The value of the car will drop several thousand dollars over that three month trial period.

They'll have a fleet specifically for leasing.

View attachment 497245
View attachment 497246
Anyone that thinks the DNC will be held accountable for anything is delusional.

They are either the most corrupt mob organization in the world or they should be cannonized by the Catholic Church for sainthood.

You be the judge.

View attachment 497267
Wrong thread, derpa..

Will there be enough demand to lease a fleet?

I suspect that the vast majority of people buying the EV Hyundais will not return them after the 3 months. If too many people do return the cars at the end of the three months, Hyundai will end the program and cut their losses.

Will there be enough demand to lease a fleet?

I suspect that the vast majority of people buying the EV Hyundais will not return them after the 3 months. If too many people do return the cars at the end of the three months, Hyundai will end the program and cut their losses.
Yea, I wonder if they will have a lot of used cars for sale if people don't like them, I can only guess most of those with a lease were seriously considering buying it, and Hyundai has confidence they will. I like it because it raises exposure to EV's for those undecided. The sticking point is going to be the cost. Hyundai is taking huge strides in EV's, and is likely partnering with LG, who is an industry leader in lithium-ion battery production, and a South Korean company.

Toyota not far behind, launching their "Beyond Zero" line of electrics in 2022. This is the bZ4X, which is developed with Subaru, who is also launching it's own model of EV soon.

toyota-bz4x-bev-concept.jpg

toyota-bz4x-bev-concept-interior.jpg

Forum List

Back