I agree...video games are for oversized kids

dfens

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2016
You are wasting your life on a game, on a fantasy.

Now, I will say that so much of movies, entertainment, etc. is the same. But what makes video games different is that they suck you in and you can waste hours and hours, getting personally involved in something which is basically just fake.

Video games are for losers. It's true. Gaming is just this vast horde of oversized men who don't have money or responsibility in real life, so they play games and get pissed at anybody who calls them out.

Now, I will say that so much of movies, entertainment, etc. is the same. But what makes video games different is that they suck you in and you can waste hours and hours, getting personally involved in something which is basically just fake.

Video games are for losers. It's true. Gaming is just this vast horde of oversized men who don't have money or responsibility in real life, so they play games and get pissed at anybody who calls them out.

I play games like Tropico and feel that it help me relax long day of work. I have played games like Elder Scrolls and felt it was too big and pointless but games like Kingdoms of Amular or Betrayal at Krondor were worth playing because of the Story driven plots that were written by Fiction writers like R.A. Salvatore or Raymond E. Feist.

As for gamers many young ladies play the games today and enjoy more of the combat games and online gaming world and many of them are not fat and disgusting slobs.

Most message board writers are fat old men that have no sex life and usually need to vent their hatred for other subgroups in society, and note the most in my comment...

How do you walk with that stick up your ass and my dick in your mouth?

Gaming is no more a waste than what we do here or any other kind of pastime. The fact that YOU can't control your playtime speaks about YOU not others.

:rofl:

I play games like Tropico and feel that it help me relax long day of work. I have played games like Elder Scrolls and felt it was too big and pointless but games like Kingdoms of Amular or Betrayal at Krondor were worth playing because of the Story driven plots that were written by Fiction writers like R.A. Salvatore or Raymond E. Feist.

As for gamers many young ladies play the games today and enjoy more of the combat games and online gaming world and many of them are not fat and disgusting slobs.

Most message board writers are fat old men that have no sex life and usually need to vent their hatred for other subgroups in society, and note the most in my comment...

My son loves Elder Scrolls, and his skyrim SE. The themes guy di is just awesome. By the way, my Son did two combat tours in Afghanastan. Went to war before he got his first job, and that first job his starting salary was more then I make by far. Far as I see it, it's just a TV show you get to participate in.

Video games are far better value than movies. A movie ticket is maybe $13-$16 plus overpriced food and drinks means a trip to the movies can come out to about $30 or so per person (less if you share food and drinks or sneak in food and drinks). All that for maybe 2 to 2 1/2 hours of entertainment.

A good video game can cost about $65 (less if you get it during a sale) and provide 40-100 hours or so of entertainment.

Video games are far better value than movies. A movie ticket is maybe $13-$16 plus overpriced food and drinks means a trip to the movies can come out to about $30 or so per person (less if you share food and drinks or sneak in food and drinks). All that for maybe 2 to 2 1/2 hours of entertainment.

A good video game can cost about $65 (less if you get it during a sale) and provide 40-100 hours or so of entertainment.
some are even free like War Thunder/Eve Online
I just got Eve and this looks like it will take months just to get used to it/get the hang of it/compete/etc
where as WT is more basic
WT is like an encyclopedia of tanks/tank guns/tank ammo/tank armor/etc
...armor/guns/speeds/etc are ''exactly'' like the real things
so you can get more out of it than just playing--especially WW2 readers/researchers

Last edited:
[QUOTE
"The fun stuff in Eve is something that most players don't get to experience until they've played the game for six months to a year," Gianturco says. Patience is key. It takes time to learn the game's mechanics. It takes time to learn the game's economy. Most importantly, it takes time to realize everything is connected, whether the players like it or not. "Everyone is trapped in the same galaxy," Gianturco says, "like rats in a cage."][/QUOTE]
Eve: The most thrilling boring game in the universe

You're no good at games, are you? And you don't read either, or you would know that books also "suck you in" and take hours and hours and hours getting personally involved in what you call lies and what Stephen King calls "the truth behind the lie."

Video games are not for losers, games are for winners, or people don't keep playing. Young men (mostly) are making fortunes playing eSports and making gamer videos that sell ads. Last week the WSJ did an A-column about a young man who has saved plenty already to put himself entirely thru 4 years of college from the year off he took to play eSports (he's good), fighting his family the whole way, but now his dad admits he clearly was wrong and his son knew what he was doing.

There is incredible money in games now. And books and books on gaming theory, and many courses taught. It's a very fast-growing job opportunity, the art, the design, the coding, the animation, writing, acting. Gaming will soon be bigger than movies in the economy, IMO.

But people like you will miss out, because you miss out on everything that's new.

I have played games like Elder Scrolls and felt it was too big and pointless but games like Kingdoms of Amular or Betrayal at Krondor were worth playing because of the Story driven plots that were written by Fiction writers like R.A. Salvatore or Raymond E. Feist.

Whoa, you played Kingdoms of Amalur? We LOVED that game. There was some mysterious but bad scandal attached to the company, which folded immediately upon releasing the game, I read, barely ahead of the sheriff, so I found it in a $9.99 close-out box at Best Buy and I couldn't believe how good it was, elaborate and creative, strange and wonderful art.

Yeah, comic books are the real stuff...

There were board games found in King Tut's tomb. Humans have played games forever. Funny no one is berating people for playing board games now. Video games are just games that are alive where the person can 'enter' the world in the game.

And the gaming industry makes more money than the movie industry.

Add in theater, sports, and every other type of entertainment. People have spare time and like to be entertained. You prefer to sit in a dark room thinking how miserable you are. No problem.

That you have a need to complain about everyone else is quite entertaining.

I agree but some don't fit the stereotype!
bttk_hero.jpg

Forum List

Back