I am crying.

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
A dear online friend of mine passed away yesterday. It was announced at another board...where I originally came from.

He and I started out as friends, became enemies, became friends again. This spanned about 14 years or so. I knew he was ill because the admin of his board tracked me down at a blogging place saying my friend needed to talk to me...so I did get in touch and we reaffirmed the long battle he and I fought along with the friendship that became a result of it.

I have had a few online friends die. But this one? This one is going to be tough. The internet is lacking one fine man now. And I am going to miss him very much. :(

I met him once. Long long ago. But I didn't have to meet him to know him. I knew him from his words...on a message board. For many many years. And this is really difficult to accept. My heart hurts.

Last edited:
My heart goes out to you, Dear Friend, and you have many friends who are here for you.
It's so hard to lose a good friend, especially one who shared and fought such an important event with you. Getting to know someone online, without distraction, can be a Very Deep friendship and have a special place in your heart. So sorry for your loss.
Big Hug ((((((Gracie))))))

Oh wow...so sorry to know this, Gracie.
Online friendships can be just as dear, if not more, as "real life" ones...I know because I have formed many cyber friendships over the years myself...may he rest in peace, and you be comforted. ♥

A dear online friend of mine passed away yesterday. It was announced at another board...where I originally came from.

He and I started out as friends, became enemies, became friends again. This spanned about 14 years or so. I knew he was ill because the admin of his board tracked me down at a blogging place saying my friend needed to talk to me...so I did get in touch and we reaffirmed the long battle he and I fought along with the friendship that became a result of it.

I have had a few online friends die. But this one? This one is going to be tough. The internet is lacking one fine man now. And I am going to miss him very much. :(

Having friends go ahead is one of the tough things about our simple lives.

Words cannot express adequately my empathy for you, but I can suffer with you. That I know how to do.

I have lost many dear friends over my many years and yes it hurts. I pick a memorable day that we had, and on that day I sit down and have a drink of whatever their favorite libation was and remember them....

You have my sincere condolences Gracie...

Sorry for your loss, Gracie.

I too lost a dear online friend I had known for more than five years. He passed away several years ago from a brain tumor. He only let those very close to him know he was ill as he was always a strong person, and didn't want anyone to see his weaknesses.

Online friends can be just as dear to us as those friends we see in the flesh. I am sure that your mate is looking down on you, feeling proud that you were there for him when he needed you.

My deepest sympathies, Gracie.

Each of us needs to think about this.....

Do you have anyone you trust with your passwords and a list of the community-type websites you visit?

I went through that a few years when my sister died. For several years she had been semi-invalided and "lived" online. Fortunately she had left her computer on and logged into one of the several websites she regularly visited. I was able to use that login to tell her friends that she was gone. I didn't have passwords for the others and wasn't about to register with any new ones. On the brighter side, some of the people I was able to notify on the first website also used others in common with my sister and they were able to spread the news.

Still, there are lots of people who have no idea what happened; why she doesn't join in anymore.

Worse, her internet provider would not do anything about her account, so the bills kept coming. Finally I took one of the paper invoices and filled out the change of address section specifying a plot number in the cemetery where she was laid to rest. At least the bills stopped coming; but they may still be piling up on the base of her headstone. Along with the credit card bills for the accounts they wouldn't close, even when mailed a copy of the death certificate.

I had heard somewhere that a gal who used to come here died. I didn't say anything because I wasn't sure it was true.

Henry...Ollie has my info. So do a few others I trust. If something happens to me...they will inform those I have met and chatted with here and other places. But thanks for repeating the heads up that folks need to let others know how to contact online friends on message boards.

Each of us needs to think about this.....

Do you have anyone you trust with your passwords and a list of the community-type websites you visit?

I went through that a few years when my sister died. For several years she had been semi-invalided and "lived" online. Fortunately she had left her computer on and logged into one of the several websites she regularly visited. I was able to use that login to tell her friends that she was gone. I didn't have passwords for the others and wasn't about to register with any new ones. On the brighter side, some of the people I was able to notify on the first website also used others in common with my sister and they were able to spread the news.

Still, there are lots of people who have no idea what happened; why she doesn't join in anymore.

Worse, her internet provider would not do anything about her account, so the bills kept coming. Finally I took one of the paper invoices and filled out the change of address section specifying a plot number in the cemetery where she was laid to rest. At least the bills stopped coming; but they may still be piling up on the base of her headstone. Along with the credit card bills for the accounts they wouldn't close, even when mailed a copy of the death certificate.

I am friends with a few people from here on Facebook. If something happened to me I am sure they could find out that way and tell some here.
Plus like your sister, I am always logged on here on my phone.

But this thread does make me wonder about UScitizen. I haven't seem him around in awhile.
Anyone see him anywhere else?

Forum List

Back