I am crying.

Each of us needs to think about this.....

Do you have anyone you trust with your passwords and a list of the community-type websites you visit?

I went through that a few years when my sister died. For several years she had been semi-invalided and "lived" online. Fortunately she had left her computer on and logged into one of the several websites she regularly visited. I was able to use that login to tell her friends that she was gone. I didn't have passwords for the others and wasn't about to register with any new ones. On the brighter side, some of the people I was able to notify on the first website also used others in common with my sister and they were able to spread the news.

Still, there are lots of people who have no idea what happened; why she doesn't join in anymore.

Worse, her internet provider would not do anything about her account, so the bills kept coming. Finally I took one of the paper invoices and filled out the change of address section specifying a plot number in the cemetery where she was laid to rest. At least the bills stopped coming; but they may still be piling up on the base of her headstone. Along with the credit card bills for the accounts they wouldn't close, even when mailed a copy of the death certificate.

I am friends with a few people from here on Facebook. If something happened to me I am sure they could find out that way and tell some here.
Plus like your sister, I am always logged on here on my phone.

But this thread does make me wonder about UScitizen. I haven't seem him around in awhile.
Anyone see him anywhere else?

he said good bye here..... i think he has passed on.

A dear online friend of mine passed away yesterday. It was announced at another board...where I originally came from.

He and I started out as friends, became enemies, became friends again. This spanned about 14 years or so. I knew he was ill because the admin of his board tracked me down at a blogging place saying my friend needed to talk to me...so I did get in touch and we reaffirmed the long battle he and I fought along with the friendship that became a result of it.

I have had a few online friends die. But this one? This one is going to be tough. The internet is lacking one fine man now. And I am going to miss him very much. :(

sorry gracie. :(

Ah Grace, I am so sorry to hear this. It's so hard having to go on when someone you are close to leaves. 2013 is turning out to be quite the shitty year for so many people. :( Honestly, I truly cannot wait until 2014 and am hoping that everyone I know (both virtual and irl) are given a break from all the different sorts of deaths they've had to deal with. I wish us all peace.

I was just telling someone in PM my thoughts. Those who say "it's just a message board"...are wrong. Him being gone is like...like...Syrenn being gone all of a sudden. (Sorry syrenn...I used you as an example). We have all chatted with her...and imagine it being 14 plus years of chatting...either daily or once a week or an email every few weeks. For 14 years. Maybe you never met, maybe you met once. Maybe you just jabbered on the phone now and then or even never at all you wouldn't know the voice if you bumped in to them on the street but you KNOW them from their words. The laughs, the fights, the differing views, the kids grown up now, the pics, the pet dying, the new job....this person has been in your life in some form or another for a very long time then....they are gone. Never again will you read the puns, witty sarcasms, bickerings, etc. Forever silenced and all one has is archives to reread and wish one didn't say what one did in the heat of the moment...or wishing one said something more funny. The regrets of words left unsaid.

He left behind a lot of people who are now shocked he is gone. He told me he didn't have long. But I refused to think about it. His last post was a few weeks ago. We all assumed he was busy, including me. And today, we get the news he is gone.

Puts things in perspective. I wish I could tell him how sorry I am of things said so long ago. We became friends, but still...I never said "I'm sorry" because we both knew it was the past and the past is the past and should be left there. But I wish I could have told him.

So from now on...I plan to do my best to never hurt anyone with words. I cannot change who I am, but I can change how I react when irritated. I want him to be proud of me...not disappointed in what I used to be.

Gracie, don't beat yourself up over stuff that goes on here. I'm sorry about your loss, hope his family is at peace too.

I was also thinking of Citizen the other day. With all he went through, he still had such a good sense of humor. Hope he is ok too.

A dear online friend of mine passed away yesterday. It was announced at another board...where I originally came from.

He and I started out as friends, became enemies, became friends again. This spanned about 14 years or so. I knew he was ill because the admin of his board tracked me down at a blogging place saying my friend needed to talk to me...so I did get in touch and we reaffirmed the long battle he and I fought along with the friendship that became a result of it.

I have had a few online friends die. But this one? This one is going to be tough. The internet is lacking one fine man now. And I am going to miss him very much. :(

I'm sorry for your loss, Gracie. I lost a friend yesterday too. They took him off the ventilator at about 5 p.m. last night. I was there at the hospital with his family when he died. He was in a car accident on his way to meet his parents and wife for dinner Friday night. His head hit the windshield and he had severe brain injury also his spinal cord was damaged from the impact.

A mutual friend of ours called me and told me what happened and that they didn't expect him to live, they lost his pulse at one point and he was brought back to life. My husband drove me down there - I went into ICU and saw him one last time and prayed for him. I was believing for a miracle, they said if the test didn't come back - blood flowing to his brain - they would take him off the ventilator. He was a young preacher who had just begun preaching at a new church. His wife was expecting their first child -a baby girl at the same time my son's daughter is due to arrive.. one of the last times I talked to him I told him make sure not to be too busy, take time for prayer and reading the bible, don't get bogged down with too much work..... we prayed together, he had just moved into a new home and my son and his girlfriend had just moved into his antebellum home apt downtown that they had moved out of..... he had his whole life in front of him and was so young. I don't understand how this could happen but it has and I am up in the middle of the night still thinking about it. I am still hearing his voice from that phone conversation.. it just haunts me. I feel undone over it.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry Jere. :(

I am going to bed. Thanks for the loaning of shoulders, folks. Appreciate it. And it helped.

Hugs

sorry for you loss about 10 years ago one of my good online friends died . She was a young navy wife just like me. To this day they don't know why she died. They thought it was an aneurism but it wasn't . She had a headache that whole day prior to her death. They thought it was an overdose of pain med due to the head ache but nope. She had two small children at the time it was so bad. I felt so sorry for her spouse who was out to sea when it happened.

There was this online poster I knew on another board, whom I debated with often, and we had gotten rather careless about our words to each other. Well, he made an announcement one day that he had cancer, was terminal and was given only weeks to live.

It was at that moment that I realized that all the ugly words we might have exchanged were now hanging over me like a big boulder, because one of us was now hurting badly. I apologized to him and he was gracious enough to tell me not to worry, that it was all forgotten. He passed away not too long after that (a family member informed Admin and it was relayed)and it was a sad day for many of us. So, I kinda understand what you might be feeling. Even though we don't know each other personally, we do have some things in common - mostly being human and deserving respect.

Sorry for you loss and grief

hug_046-4c13cfe4547da0a928c370548adc1037.gif

There was this online poster I knew on another board, whom I debated with often, and we had gotten rather careless about our words to each other. Well, he made an announcement one day that he had cancer, was terminal and was given only weeks to live.

It was at that moment that I realized that all the ugly words we might have exchanged were now hanging over me like a big boulder, because one of us was now hurting badly. I apologized to him and he was gracious enough to tell me not to worry, that it was all forgotten. He passed away not too long after that (a family member informed Admin and it was relayed)and it was a sad day for many of us. So, I kinda understand what you might be feeling. Even though we don't know each other personally, we do have some things in common - mostly being human and deserving respect.

I find that surprising ... there are a few people on this board who have led me to believe that there is no humanity in them. I cannot believe that them hearing that 'the opposition' got a death sentence would result in anything less than celebration.

Hell, one of our own made his last post last spring, and the usual suspects showed up to mock and belittle. I'd expect the same treatment.

I find that surprising ... there are a few people on this board who have led me to believe that there is no humanity in them. I cannot believe that them hearing that 'the opposition' got a death sentence would result in anything less than celebration.

Hell, one of our own made his last post last spring, and the usual suspects showed up to mock and belittle. I'd expect the same treatment.

Not while I'm around:mad:

Yes, but that's because you rock. :smiliehug:

What keeps me here is that the bulk of the membership is pretty damn cool. People I miss if I don't get to see them every day. There's just a handful that have me thinking "Honey, get diagnosed. There is hope. You don't have to live like this." And that's what I am literally thinking. Because the venom they spew is damaging them a helluva lot more than it is me.

I'd love to think one of you guys are going to come round and say FUCK YOU TD.....

maybe make it softer kinda nicer or sumthing!

Come on guys we can make it nice.

I'd love to think one of you guys are going to come round and say FUCK YOU TD.....

maybe make it softer kinda nicer or sumthing!

Come on guys we can make it nice.

Nope. I'm gonna play your song.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud2XKt2N8fs]Fleetwood Mac - The Dance-1997-Silver Springs ? - YouTube[/ame]

:smiliehug:

There was a nice wake at his board today. There was a lot of laughter at the witty things he said, the pics he has posted over the years, some snippets of convos he said or wrote. All in all..it was a nice tribute today.

Yes, but that's because you rock. :smiliehug:

What keeps me here is that the bulk of the membership is pretty damn cool. People I miss if I don't get to see them every day. There's just a handful that have me thinking "Honey, get diagnosed. There is hope. You don't have to live like this." And that's what I am literally thinking. Because the venom they spew is damaging them a helluva lot more than it is me.

What on earth would we do without you?

You were gone there for a couple of months.

Forum List

Back