I found a new computer threat that I think you should be aware of

watchingfromafar

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2017

I have a computer in my home that is connected to my internet.
Over time I have had a glitch or two in my internet experience.
In both cases the fixer told me that he needed to take over my mouse.
In both instances the fixer loaded a temporary file that gave the fixer control of my mouse.
I watched the mouse icon move across the screen. As the mouse icon moved across my windows screen the fixer can click the mouse as if I pressed the enter button on my mouse.
I gave the fixers access to my screen pointer.
The fixer was granted permission of overriding my own mouse control.
I watched as my mouse icon moved across the screen.
I learned that a fixer can open files as if you were using your mouse to do the same.
I allowed this in two different occasions.

The agreement between me and the fixer was that the fixer would remove the tool that gave the mouse access. Once the problem was fixed the connection would end.

I just assumed the fixer would remove any controls between the fixer and me and leave.

Now looking back, I know of two occasions when I temporarily gave control on my computer (internet) to another.
The connection should have been broken.
I ask myself; how do I know for sure.

Should this concern me?

Last edited:

In both instances the fixer loaded a temporary file that gave the fixer control of my mouse.
I watched the mouse icon move across the screen. As the mouse icon moved across my windows screen the fixer can click the mouse as if I pressed the enter button on my mouse.
I learn that a fixer can open files as if you were using your mouse to do the same.

The agreement between me and the fixer was that the fixer would remove the tool that gave him mouse access once the problem was fixed.
I just assumed the fixer would remove any controls between the fixer and me.

Now looking back, I know of two occasions when I temporarily gave control on my computer (internet) to another.

Should this concern me?

NEVER, EVER allow an outside source to take control of your interfaces. It's time to do a complete format of your hard drive at this point. You have no idea what little buddies were left since it had control at the Administrator Level.

I learned that a fixer can open files as if you were using your mouse to do the same.

The agreement between me and the fixer was that the fixer would remove the tool that gave him mouse access once the problem was fixed.
I just assumed the fixer would remove any controls between the fixer and me.

Should this concern me?
Yes... Absolutely Yes. It should concern you.

But no.. it's not new... And it'll never be a threat to me. I'll fix my own problems.. Thank you.

It's time to do a complete format of your hard drive at this point.

Are you saying I should wipe my hard drive completely & start anew?
If you are then I am going to sue the fixers, both of them.
What should I do?

The agreement between me and the fixer was that the fixer would remove the tool that gave the mouse access. Once the problem was fixed the connection would end.

I just assumed the fixer would remove any controls between the fixer and me and leave.

Should this concern me?
Who the hell is "the fixer" you are talking about?

But no.. it's not new... And it'll never be a threat to me. I'll fix my own problems.. Thank you.
& then there are us who can not
such is life
:)-
I misstated, I was able to get my computer fixed

Last edited:
& then there are us who can not
such is life
I'd offer to help, but honestly... What are you going to do, allow me to connect to your computer? I strongly suggest you take it to a professional, the actual physical computer, and leave it with them to fix it. Tell them what happened obviously.

Who the hell is "the fixer" you are talking about?
I remember the two events by two different sources but I did not store, copy
sources.
I can not even remember why I asked for their services.
They were an internet connection.

Last edited:
If you brought to me to fix... I would. I've done this kind of thing for a side job before... Removing virus and what not. I wouldn't even bother trying to fix anything after you told me that story. I'd reformat.

What should I do?
You have a clue who they are and how to get ahold of them???

Personally, I have used Geek and some other local repair shop
{no advertising intended or implied}

My problem has been fixed.
Please do not let this happen to you.

Should this concern me?
Never give access to your computer to someone you don't know. If you're having problems, take it to a trustworthy place to have it repaired. Also, never upload software based on someone's recommendation to fix other issues. It's a common scam to be contacted by someone warning you they see viruses on your computer which they can clear off if you give them the access to your computer or if you go to a website to download software to clean off the viruses. In reality, they're planting viruses to gain access to your personal data, like banking information, credit card information, social security numbers, etc.

What should I do?

Good luck with that. I am sure they had a disclaimer that you should have read and agreed to even if you didn't read it. So you want to blame someone else for your poor behavior. Fine. Have a nice day.

If you brought to me to fix... I would. I've done this kind of thing for a side job before... Removing virus and what not. I wouldn't even bother trying to fix anything after you told me that story. I'd reformat.

What should I do?
You have a clue who they are and how to get ahold of them???

And it makes a really lousy paper weight.

What should I do?
Can you restore your computer to a previous point in time, before they installed the remote access software?

Here's how to restore Windows 10 to an earlier point in time
1616392539267.png

What should I do?
no don't wipe your drive just get free Iobit Advanced SystemCare to clean out your temp and junk files, also checks for maleware and in security search will warn if your computer has remote access to your files and closes it and might remove the remote program. Also check in control panel your programs to uninstall, his "remote access" type program might be listed there (You can ask them what they used and search your files to see if it's still on your computer), and you can check online each program in the installed programs list, you don't recognize or know what it is, to make sure you don't uninstall the wrong program and know which one he installed to "remote access" your computer.
Also in any file right or left click and in tab security should have No remote access to your files, turn it off if it does give outside access.
Then download free AVG virus detector and check your computer for suspicious files like backdoors and it will auto detect and move them to quarantine.

Last edited:
^That. But first, IF you do any online banking, contact your bank and have them close out any checking accounts, especially those with associated debit cards. They'll require having your computer (or other device) certified "clean" before they'll open a new account for you. HaShev just described exactly what they'll do. It should take anywhere from half an hour to several hours depending upon the extent of your files and associated storage devices. It should cost about $100. Certainly no more than $200.

What should I do?
Can you restore your computer to a previous point in time, before they installed the remote access software?

Here's how to restore Windows 10 to an earlier point in time
View attachment 470720
No. That's Microsoft just lying to you to cover their own ass. Never does a damn bit of good when you have a virus problem. Wiping your drive often doesn't either and best have the key code before going to that extreme.

My computer came with an allow remote access program. A couple of times I have had to call HP to fix a malfunction. Both times they used the remote access program to fix it.

Forum List

Back