I had the second cup of coffee in my life, for some reason it doesn't taste as bad as in the past

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I've also had the odd sip or two in my life as both my parents drink coffee, but I've only really had one full cup of coffee before today. I've always disliked it immensely, even with cream and sugar.

Today I decided to stop my tea for a bit and try some coffee, black, as I've read some promising information about the health effects. It was surprisingly smooth (columbian beans) and I was pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed it.

So now that I am going to try this out, for any of the coffee connoisseurs here, any recommendations?

I've also had the odd sip or two in my life as both my parents drink coffee, but I've only really had one full cup of coffee before today. I've always disliked it immensely, even with cream and sugar.

Today I decided to stop my tea for a bit and try some coffee, black, as I've read some promising information about the health effects. It was surprisingly smooth (columbian beans) and I was pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed it.

So now that I am going to try this out, for any of the coffee connoisseurs here, any recommendations?
stop now,, it will control your life,,,

Stay away from Starbucks you will spend all your time in line and money on foof. Plenty of ways to enjoy good coffee, at home and at a gas station where they make it strong.

I used to despise coffee------but then decided I NEED IT-----as to the taste---CHILDREN
do not tolerate bitter----it is actually INBORN-----a protection against poisons since
most naturally growing poisons ARE BITTER. With age, the aversion to bitter tends to
moderate------you like it now? you is getting.......on in years

Stay away from Starbucks you will spend all your time in line and money on foof. Plenty of ways to enjoy good coffee, at home and at a gas station where they make it strong.

"At a gas station"...that's one hell of an indictment on Starbucks, hah.

I started drinking coffee twelve years ago, because I was living in New York City, and it was very convenient compared to my previous habitats.

I usually drink it black, because of the recent claims of health for the liver, because I drink beer at night during the sporting broadcasts.

I will have it with heavy cream if it is available.

I cannot notice much difference in the beans or roasts, but Starbucks coffee is very acidic and I can only handle it once and a while - not every day.

Ask some others....its good coffee at about 15% of the price.

I can get about a month supply of Starbucks for about $8 at the grocery store. try the Espresso Roast. Yummy.

Starbucks: Why would anyone spend $5 for a cup of coffee that takes three people ten minutes to get it to them?

I suggest trying Sumatran coffee. It has the lowest acid content of any other region, yet full flavored.
It's flavor profile is most described as spiced dark chocolate. Earthy undertones to balance the sweetness.
My favorite region.
The Kroger brand "Private Selections" is pretty good. ---> https://www.kroger.com/p/private-se...um-dark-roast-whole-bean-coffee/0001111001518

Even the Starbucks brand of Sumatran is pretty decent, also carried by Kroger

The preferred coffee I brew in a perculator, it's 50's style. Strong and black just like I like my women.

Starbucks: Why would anyone spend $5 for a cup of coffee that takes three people ten minutes to get it to them?

5 bucks would be for the short size

I suggest trying Sumatran coffee. It has the lowest acid content of any other region, yet full flavored.
It's flavor profile is most described as spiced dark chocolate. Earthy undertones to balance the sweetness.
My favorite region.
The Kroger brand "Private Selections" is pretty good. ---> https://www.kroger.com/p/private-se...um-dark-roast-whole-bean-coffee/0001111001518

Even the Starbucks brand of Sumatran is pretty decent, also carried by Kroger

Yep,thats my favorite as well.

I get the World Market whole bean coffees. Currently have Italian Roast but my favorite is Amalfi Coast (espresso roast). Roughly .49 cents an oz.

I also get whole bean.
I use a burr grinder and the conical pour over method.
For several years we used a kuerig for the convenience, but was always bothered by the "kuerig aftertaste"
Pour over make so much better coffee at less than 1/4 the cost of Kuerig cups.

I get the World Market whole bean coffees. Currently have Italian Roast but my favorite is Amalfi Coast (espresso roast). Roughly .49 cents an oz.
Ever tried Jamaican Coffee? You have to grind and roast the beans yourself. A parrot is the Trademark.

Oh, you shouldn’t have done that. GMO coffee permanently alters your DNA and makes you susceptible to government mind control. A few more cups and you’ll feel an irresistible urge to go brainwash and indoctrinate children in public schools. It may already be too late for you. Are you feeling critical?

I'm a dark roast guy.
If you like your coffee strong put a pinch of salt on top of the grounds before brewing.
It takes away some of the bitter taste you can get with strong coffee.

In the summer I go with cold brewed coffee. It's really strong!!!
I get a vanilla protien drink and top it off with a cup of cold brew, and add some ice,or you can use chocolate.

I highly recommend the OXO brewer.
Make it the night before and let it sit then flip down the switch in the morning.
1622134785754.png

Ever tried Jamaican Coffee? You have to grind and roast the beans yourself. A parrot is the Trademark.
Jamaican region coffee is a little weak tasting for my preference. But I agree probably a good entry to the coffee drinking for those not used to the bitterness.

New Topics

Forum List

Back