I have had CIM stock for over 4 years now, been getting dividends and turning those back into CIM.

Mikeoxenormous

Diamond Member
May 6, 2015
Floor E Da
(2) cim stock - Bing
Chimera Investment Corp
NYSE: CIM
  • OVERVIEW
  • FINANCIALS

▲ 0.18 (1.47%)
I bought into this stock when it was around $20 a share. I have around $80,000 a year in dividends coming in now, which i turn right back around and purchase more CIM stock. At 12 a share i get almost 6,700 new shares every year on top of what i have. I dont plan to pull the stock out until i hit 70 and at the rate of the repurchasing, i could have another $800,000 worth by 2032. If the shares get back to $20 a share, i will be buying less, but my total will be worth even more.

(2) cim stock - Bing
Chimera Investment Corp
  • OVERVIEW
  • FINANCIALS

▲ 0.18 (1.47%)
I bought into this stock when it was around $20 a share. I have around $80,000 a year in dividends coming in now, which i turn right back around and purchase more CIM stock. At 12 a share i get almost 6,700 new shares every year on top of what i have. I dont plan to pull the stock out until i hit 70 and at the rate of the repurchasing, i could have another $800,000 worth by 2032. If the shares get back to $20 a share, i will be buying less, but my total will be worth even more.

I bought into this stock when it was around $20 a share. I have around $80,000 a year in dividends coming in now,

So, over 60,000 shares that you bought $8 higher?

Not sure you should be bragging about that........

What properties are secured by the mortgages?
Chimera | Strategy Portfolio (chimerareit.com)
We seek to maintain a diversified investment portfolio focusing on investing in residential mortgage loans, Non-Agency and Agency residential mortgage backed securities (RMBS) and Agency commercial mortgage backed securities (CMBS).

Our income is generated primarily by the difference, or net spread, between the income we earn on our assets and our financing and hedging costs. We are commonly referred to as a hybrid mortgage REIT because we invest in both non-Agency and Agency mortgage assets. This model provides flexibility in portfolio asset allocation and liability management.

(2) cim stock - Bing
Chimera Investment Corp
  • OVERVIEW
  • FINANCIALS

▲ 0.18 (1.47%)

I bought into this stock when it was around $20 a share. I have around $80,000 a year in dividends coming in now,

So, over 60,000 shares that you bought $8 higher?

Not sure you should be bragging about that........
I am not a panic investor. While the stock has been down at $8 a share, i have been buying up more than if it was $20. Now at $12 i already have made profit. When it hits $20 again, i will double my original investment.

(2) cim stock - Bing
Chimera Investment Corp
  • OVERVIEW
  • FINANCIALS

▲ 0.18 (1.47%)

I owned this one once upon a time. I currently have $ARR in my personal portfolio. REIT stocks generally aren't big movers, but they pay nice dividends.

(2) cim stock - Bing
Chimera Investment Corp
  • OVERVIEW
  • FINANCIALS

▲ 0.18 (1.47%)

I owned this one once upon a time. I currently have $ARR in my personal portfolio. REIT stocks generally aren't big movers, but they pay nice dividends.
If you want to get movers, the problem is that you end up having capital gains which the tax is around 20-25% depending on who is in charge at the time. Long term dividends are taxed not as an earned income so are much lower tax rate.

How are capital gains and dividends taxed differently? (investopedia.com)

I dont plan to pull the stock out until i hit 70

So in 2042?

I have had the stock for the last year. It's recovered but not commensurate with the rest of the market IMO.

The dividends are nice and the upside looks good.

The low # employees makes me think their potential is pretty capped; but I think $15-$22 within a year or so is a realistic target.

Looking at my tax documents. All those CIM dividends are unqualified, which means higher taxes.
For overall growth, I may have to be on the lookout for a better combo of equity growth and qualified dividend returns.

For the average person, dividend reinvestment in a solid company that has paid a good dividend for a long time is about the best thing you can do for yourself or your kids. Jim has greatly benefited from it, as have I and many others. DRPs don't get much press because financial managers and brokers HATE DRPS. It cuts them out of the loop.

(2) cim stock - Bing
Chimera Investment Corp
  • OVERVIEW
  • FINANCIALS

▲ 0.18 (1.47%)
How many shares do you own of this?

(2) cim stock - Bing
Chimera Investment Corp
  • OVERVIEW
  • FINANCIALS

▲ 0.18 (1.47%)
How many shares do you own of this?
over 200,000

New Topics

Forum List

Back