I just can't get enough movies with diversity?

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
I thought HBO should make a movie about the first black president of the United States. It would include all of his racist opponents who dared to criticize him for the deficit or the fact that the economy hasn't been able to create enough jobs to seriously lower unemployment. That was just racism and to celebrate diversity we should have a cast that reflects America such as Denzel Washingtion playing George W. Bush and Jackie Chan playing Obama. COnde Lisa Rice can be played by Mark Hammil and Holder can be played by one of the spice girls.

What do you think?

• Banned
I think leftists would have a problem with Jackie Chan, or any Asian really, being cast in a movie since Hollywood doesn't like Asians very much.

I'm just saying that a movie about the first black president doens't necessarily have to be played by a black person. Obama can be white for all I care.

I think leftists would have a problem with Jackie Chan, or any Asian really, being cast in a movie since Hollywood doesn't like Asians very much.

I'm just saying that a movie about the first black president doens't necessarily have to be played by a black person. Obama can be white for all I care.

For a lot of leftists, "diversity" doesn't generally apply when it comes to re-casting a black person with a non-black actor/actress.

TV Network Cancels Episode That Featured White Actor Joseph Fiennes as Michael Jackson

After 8 years of that idiot we need a good long break from Obama, he's like a stubborn case of foot fungus once you are rid of it you hope it never returns.

• Banned

For a lot of leftists, "diversity" doesn't generally apply when it comes to re-casting a black person with a non-black actor/actress.

TV Network Cancels Episode That Featured White Actor Joseph Fiennes as Michael Jackson

I wasn't being serious. I was pointing out how absurd the push for diversity can be sometimes. A black guy should play the role of the first black president. Just like Japanese should play the role of japanese imprisoned during WWII. It just makes sense because the audience can tell that the person isn't japanese or black when they see them on screen.

no one asked me BUT --- at 68 years old i find tv and movies tailored to millennials to be boring and unbelieveable and mostly full of foolish fantasy . As one example see 'hunger games' which i hear is supposed to be a good movie . I do like fiction loosely following historical events , also like movies concerning real historical figures or events . Most millennial stars pretty much suck in my opinion . just a comment , probably off topic .

I wasn't being serious. I was pointing out how absurd the push for diversity can be sometimes. A black guy should play the role of the first black president. Just like Japanese should play the role of japanese imprisoned during WWII. It just makes sense because the audience can tell that the person isn't japanese or black when they see them on screen.

I'm only half-serious lol, but I do think Hollywood is generally racist against non-Black minorities.

• Banned
no one asked me BUT --- at 68 years old i find tv and movies tailored to millennials to be boring and unbelieveable and mostly full of foolish fantasy . As one example see 'hunger games' which i hear is supposed to be a good movie . I do like fiction loosely following historical events , also like movies concerning real historical figures or events . Most millennial stars pretty much suck in my opinion . just a comment , probably off topic .

I totally agree with that. When I was younger we can watch a show called the facts of life. It was about four girls going to a private school who had all sorts of moral dilemas that they had to navigate. It was a popular show that had plenty of rerun value but today's shows tailored towards millenials are way different.

I, for one, am not going to watch any movies about Obabble. Living thorugh eight years of LW fantasy was enough.

I totally agree with that. When I was younger we can watch a show called the facts of life. It was about four girls going to a private school who had all sorts of moral dilemas that they had to navigate. It was a popular show that had plenty of rerun value but today's shows tailored towards millenials are way different.

The problem with today's shows, as I see it, is they just don't understand nuance and subtlety. They just get up in your face and scream at you about privilege and how you're racist, sexist, homophobic, etc. Yeah, that's really going to change hearts and minds. :blahblah:

Forum List

Back