I just noticed something

Him being guilty is a foregone conclusion....

Screw due process.

All the details are in, and the internet contains all the factoids one ever needs ta know to make conclooshuns in 72 hours flat.

We live in a miraculous age/

Obama was supposed to provide congress with 30 day notice.

Now I will certainly stipulate that in extreme cases then he should not be bound by that when he needs to act immediately.

However, this case seems to have every indication that it's the sort of thing of why there is the requirement for 30 day notification.

Ohhh.... I just remembered something else. Since he did renounce his citizenship, he has no Constitutional rights. We are not legally obligated to grant him due process under the law.

Well, that would be true regarding his citizenship, but remember foreigners in foreign countries have Constitutional rights anyway so there's no difference.

Without claiming citizenship anywhere else, he has none of protections of any country anywhere on the planet. So he can't even be called a foreigner.

Ohhh.... I just remembered something else. Since he did renounce his citizenship, he has no Constitutional rights. We are not legally obligated to grant him due process under the law.

Well, that would be true regarding his citizenship, but remember foreigners in foreign countries have Constitutional rights anyway so there's no difference.

Without claiming citizenship anywhere else, he has none of protections of any country anywhere on the planet. So he can't even be called a foreigner.

You know I'm just mocking the left, right Templar?

You know I'm just mocking the left, right Templar?

Oh. My bad. I'm in full on rebuttal mode. Heh.

Ahh yes. Renouncing citizenship does not absolve him of the crimes he committed against the US. But even still, when he is tried, he won't have his constitutional rights. In effect, he is stateless. He lacks the protection of any government. Therefore, he has no rights anywhere.

So, if we wanted to, we could have captured him and executed him on the spot, not only for his desertion, but treason.

All while Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi sits in a Mexican jail being tortured and beaten.

And so do many other Americans, for the same crime, going back decades.

Many other Americans are in prisons across the globe for various crimes, real or imagined, some of them soldiers.

You should explain why your selective outrage suddenly made a politically convenient appearance here.

So you're saying Tahmooressi committed a crime? Well yeah according to you he did. It has been explained to you over and over again that he made a wrong turn and was prevented from returning due to a lack of proper signage.

Actually, it isn't outrage. It's more of... "you're a hypocrite" than anything else. Bergdahl has deserted his country, renounced his citizenship, and possibly aided the enemy, now he's worth more attention and resources than a Marine. So... perhaps it is a little bit of outrage after all.

You're sure that Tahmooressi is innocent and sure that Bergdahl is guilty. That is what makes you a hypocrite.

lol, if Obama had gotten the guy out of Mexico instead of getting Bergdahl the RWnuts would be complaining about that.

Ahh yes. Renouncing citizenship does not absolve him of the crimes he committed against the US. But even still, when he is tried, he won't have his constitutional rights. In effect, he is stateless. He lacks the protection of any government. Therefore, he has no rights anywhere.

So, if we wanted to, we could have captured him and executed him on the spot, not only for his desertion, but treason.

Ah, so you're back to claiming that prisoners can be summarily executed without any judicial procedure...

lolol

Ah, so you're back to claiming that prisoners can be summarily executed without any judicial procedure...

lolol
I can almost feel IQ points dripping away just by reading Templar's posts.

Must refrain.

And so do many other Americans, for the same crime, going back decades.

Many other Americans are in prisons across the globe for various crimes, real or imagined, some of them soldiers.

You should explain why your selective outrage suddenly made a politically convenient appearance here.

So you're saying Tahmooressi committed a crime? Well yeah according to you he did. It has been explained to you over and over again that he made a wrong turn and was prevented from returning due to a lack of proper signage.

Actually, it isn't outrage. It's more of... "you're a hypocrite" than anything else. Bergdahl has deserted his country, renounced his citizenship, and possibly aided the enemy, now he's worth more attention and resources than a Marine. So... perhaps it is a little bit of outrage after all.

You're sure that Tahmooressi is innocent and sure that Bergdahl is guilty. That is what makes you a hypocrite.

lol, if Obama had gotten the guy out of Mexico instead of getting Bergdahl the RWnuts would be complaining about that.

Wow.

Tahmooressi is innocent. He had no intent of being in Mexico or to illegally smuggle weapons across the border. But he's being treated like he committed an act of war. He is being beaten and abused by Mexican authorities.

Bergdahl is guilty. You have a man who deserted his country, left a note to his fellow comrades, settled his affairs, renounced his citizenship, took a few select items with him and left. The evidence points to guilt. When we get him home, there is no signs of abuse or maltreatment.

If Obama had gotten both men out subsequently, then I wouldn't be raising such a fuss, now would I?

lolol

Well, I'm going by legal procedure, not by your liberal worldview, Carbine. A stateless person has no rights, not under any UN Convention, not under any government. So, technically he can be summarily executed. Article 85 calls for death for desertion during wartime, and treason can call for death or 5 years imprisonment. A Judge could refuse to take his case for a lack of jurisdiction. So it could be ultimately left to a military tribunal, in which case he could be executed for his transgressions.

So, you think I'm simply ranting my head off huh? Actually not.

Last edited:
Actually, his statements that he is being mistreated are inconsistent. We do know however that he had a May 28 court date, at which he fired his attorney, so any hearing on his possible innocence is delayed. Further, there was no evidence of mistreatment at the hearing. He now blames the US govt for lising English speaking Mexican attorneys for his hiring of the one he fired.

We don't know what steps the DOS has taken. So, there's a logical fallacy to your OP. But, we know his arrest is not uncommon as Americans tend to carry weapons into Mexico ... and get arrested.

US Marine Held in Mexico Prison for Guns: The Case of Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi - Latin America news - Boston.com

lolol
I can almost feel IQ points dripping away just by reading Templar's posts.

Must refrain.

Well that response is -100 IQ points. That puts you in the negative!

Actually, his statements that he is being mistreated are inconsistent. We do know however that he had a May 28 court date, at which he fired his attorney, so any hearing on his possible innocence is delayed. Further, there was no evidence of mistreatment at the hearing. He now blames the US govt for lising English speaking Mexican attorneys for his hiring of the one he fired.

We don't know what steps the DOS has taken. So, there's a logical fallacy to your OP. But, we know his arrest is not uncommon as Americans tend to carry weapons into Mexico ... and get arrested.

US Marine Held in Mexico Prison for Guns: The Case of Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi - Latin America news - Boston.com

There is supposed to be another hearing tomorrow I believe.

Ahem.

U.S. Marine tells of abuse in Mexican prison, but says he's hopeful - CNN.com

He says, but there's no corroboration. The Mexicans deny it. The guy may be a nutty as Afghan Bob.

I suppose Obama could try trading some Mexicans held in federal jails, but I seriously doubt Mexico wants them. And again, your OP started with a logical fallacy.

So you're saying Tahmooressi committed a crime? Well yeah according to you he did.

If you're unable to address what I actually say, just say so. Making up stories about what I supposedly said makes you look dishonest and pathetic.

It has been explained to you over and over again that he made a wrong turn and was prevented from returning due to a lack of proper signage.

Wake me when your evasions end, will you?

We're consistent. We didn't suddenly feign shrieking outrage over one new case of a very old thing, that of Americans being imprisoned in foreign countries, often unjustly. In contrast, you're wildly inconsistent, only discovering your phony outrage when it made for a convenient way to hate Obama.

So, as usual, consistency points and moral high ground to the liberals, while the brazen partisan shill award goes to Templar.

Explain to us, mr. smartee pants, what's the process for renouncing US citizenship?

Thankee.

Forum List

Back