Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Other/pie

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
If somebody said that to you, and it was no strings attached. Would you accept? Even if it was a total stranger?

If they said you pick the dollar amount, - what would you ask?

Poll en route.

• Banned
I'm tempted to say "$10 million" and then go into CD's, savings, investing, real estate, etc., and never touch the principle ever.

Then I'd buy a cottage on a lake somewhere,and write. And I'd have two dogs and two cats.

Maybe more.

Or a no-kill shelter.

If somebody said that to you, and it was no strings attached. Would you accept? Even if it was a total stranger?

Poll en route.

If they were giving me money to help me out with expenses, I would object at first, but perhaps accept.
If they wanted to give me money just because they liked me, I would refuse.

• Banned

Poll en route.

If they were giving me money to help me out with expenses, I would object at first, but perhaps accept.

Say it was some billionaire who was just feeling magnanimous.

Poll en route.
No strings? Presumably meaning a safe, genuine, legitimate offer? Why not? Who, other than someone like Bill Gates or one of the Koch brothers, would say no?

There was a tv show back in the sixties called, The Millionaire, which was based on a (real) wealthy philanthropist who traveled around looking for deserving people to give money to.

Poll en route.

Why? Don't you like being liked? Or don't you think you deserve something nice happening to you? Did you forget there are no strings attached?

Poll en route.

Why? Don't you like being liked? Or don't you think you deserve something nice happening to you? Did you forget there are no strings attached?

Of course I like being liked, and even if there were no strings attached, my moral conscience would make me refuse. I don't have it in me.

I'd ask for 50,000.00 to buy a manufactured home on land in the mountains up north from me. On one condition. When hubby and I die....they take it back and resell it or hand it down to their family. I don't liike being beholden to anyone.

It isn't the "No Strings Attached" that is the problem.

It is My own sense of worth. I would not take anything I did not earn and would refuse.

Not because I think they have an agenda, but because I personally would feel beholden to this person or organization.

My vote is no.

Forum List

Back