I only had one dendelion in my lawn this year

Dandelions are good for the bees.....don't destroy them.

There's plenty of things around here for the bees. I get swarms of em.

My property is a certified natural wildlife habitat. That means no chemicals of any kind.

I was just opining out loud about it, really. I walked out there and saw the one dandelion.

My property is a certified natural wildlife habitat. That means no chemicals of any kind.

I was just opining out loud about it, really. I walked out there and saw the one dandelion.

They'll probably be coming up soon. I don't have any, because I pick them out one by one every year. Everyone else around me also has a yard full of them.

I understand not using chemicals to be wildlife friendly but - Why get certified?

13 Potential Health Benefits of Dandelion

• Highly Nutritious. Share on Pinterest. ...
  • Contain Potent Antioxidants. ...
  • May Help Fight Inflammation. ...
  • May Aid Blood Sugar Control. ...
  • May Reduce Cholesterol. ...
  • May Lower Blood Pressure. ...
  • May Promote a Healthy Liver. ...
  • May Aid Weight Loss.

Now, the next time you get dandelions don't use toxins to rid yourself of it, just eat it.

Same with purslane, which you find on every sidewalk.

What did you do to it?

For the love of God man, you did not kill it did you?

Only if the dandelion infiltrated the halls of the Capital would it merit a swift death.

I understand not using chemicals to be wildlife friendly but - Why get certified?

The lady a couple of homes down the street did and they gave her a cool sign, so I figured why not since I'd pretty much already had an established habitat. She's a senior citizen, rather liberal in the modern sense of the word, but that don't matter, she's a dear old friend who works in her yard all day long. She's actually involved at the state level with wildlife preservation.

Now everybody is out planting, just because they wanna keep up with the Jones' or whatever, just everything that makes everything so nice to go out and relax on the porch by. Really colorful around here. So the whole street is really nice.

Just have to be careful at certain times of the year. Sometimes mama skunks will lead their babies to the low hanging fruit on the trees or whatever falls on the ground. After a while, they get used to you, though, and don't startle. Maybe the ducks or geese will lay eggs in a small man-made pond and get territorial. The geese do anyway.

The lady a couple of homes down the street did and they gave her a cool sign, so I figured why not since I'd pretty much already had an established habitat. She's a senior citizen, rather liberal in the modern sense of the word, but that don't matter, she's a dear old friend who works in her yard all day long. She's actually involved at the state level with wildlife preservation.

Now everybody is out planting, just because they wanna keep up with the Jones' or whatever, just everything that makes everything so nice to go out and relax on the porch by. Really colorful around here. So the whole street is really nice.

Just have to be careful at certain times of the year. Sometimes mama skunks will lead their babies to the low hanging fruit on the trees or whatever falls on the ground. After a while, they get used to you, though, and don't startle. Maybe the ducks or geese will lay eggs in a small man-made pond and get territorial. The geese do anyway.
Sounds like a nice neighborhood. Don't the signs sort of kill the naturalness of it all though?

i hate fucking geese....my nearest neighbor loves fowl of all kinds....she mentioned geese..i told her i would sit on my porch and pick them off with a .22...luckily she hates them too

New Topics

Forum List

Back