If "price gouging" is happening, why didn't Biden & Harris stop it? (Poll)

Is price gouging causing inflation, or are Biden/Harris policies causing it?

• Price gouging by greedy corporations is causing inflation

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Biden/Harris policies are causing inflation

Votes: 30 88.2%

• Total voters
www.jpg

Just shut up while you are ahead, you ran in running that DS and didn't know WTF you were talking about.
You said trump passed a law that was going to raise taxes, and when asked for proof, you provide us with a link that shows he in fact cut taxes…

Ok, that was just weird

Is price gouging by greedy corporations happening or not?

If so, why didn't Biden and Harris stop it, there are laws on the books already. Show us examples.

If not, then why are they lying?

That's an easy one. Biden and Harris are lying about price gouging. Its their stupid policies that are causing runaway inflation.

Harris’ plan to stop price gouging could create more problems than it solves​

Jason Furman, a top economist in the Obama administration, shared Roberts’ view that anti-price gouging laws could inadvertently harm consumers. “This is not sensible policy, and I think the biggest hope is that it ends up being a lot of rhetoric and no reality,” he told the New York Times. “There’s no upside here, and there is some downside.”

You've asked a lot of stupid questions here, and you lied proving you really didn't think this post through.

Why didn't Biden and Harris stop it??? How were they to know it was happening until the fiscal year ended and the financial statements were publicly released???? By the time the financials were released, inflation was back down to 3%.

There are state laws on the books to prevent profiteering from an emergency, but they're nebulous at best. Nothing on the federal books. What defines an "emergency" triggering anti-profiteering laws? The covid emergency was over

How are Biden and Harris responsible for inflation which is happening all over the world? As is price gouging. My satellite service went up 15% this month. I've been with this company for 6 years and it's gone up 2% per year until this year. Milk, which was $5.29 for a 1 gallon jug, is now over $7.00, and gas is up 30%.

How would this man know that anti-price gouging laws would harm consumers, when he has no idea of the law she's proposing???

Instead of whining and blaming, what is TRUMP proposing to cure inflation???? More tariffs, and higher taxes.

Tell me specifically what Joe, or CommieLa did to stop that…I’ll wait.

They passed the Inflation Reduction Act, which gave them authority to negotiate drug prices with pharmaceutical companies. Then they met with the drug companies and negotiated the price reduction.

I didn't even have to google that one. Are you this stupid and ill informed????

They passed the Inflation Reduction Act, which gave them authority to negotiate drug prices with pharmaceutical companies. Then they met with the drug companies and negotiated the price reduction.

Imagine a politician brave enough to stand up to Big Pharm

COVID is not the yearly flu.
Oil production is at all time highs.

Don’t be a dope.
In spite of the Biden’s administration trying to kill the industry….

Much of the increase is due to new technology surrounding horizontal drilling, and fracking tech.

You libs must be livid with the administration that they are allowing this.

In spite of the Biden’s administration trying to kill the industry….

Much of the increase is due to new technology surrounding horizontal drilling, and fracking tech.

You libs must be livid with the administration that they are allowing this.
You are avoiding the fact that oil production can’t be the cause of inflation in gas prices.

Ok, let’s say that’s true….why’d they stop with insulin? Looks like they got their talking point, and gave up. Therefore, they didn’t do it “for the people”…
Hey, fuck you…Are you like this in RL? I hope not….fucking bitch.

You've asked a lot of stupid questions here, and you lied proving you really didn't think this post through.

Why didn't Biden and Harris stop it??? How were they to know it was happening until the fiscal year ended and the financial statements were publicly released???? By the time the financials were released, inflation was back down to 3%.

There are state laws on the books to prevent profiteering from an emergency, but they're nebulous at best. Nothing on the federal books. What defines an "emergency" triggering anti-profiteering laws? The covid emergency was over

How are Biden and Harris responsible for inflation which is happening all over the world? As is price gouging. My satellite service went up 15% this month. I've been with this company for 6 years and it's gone up 2% per year until this year. Milk, which was $5.29 for a 1 gallon jug, is now over $7.00, and gas is up 30%.

How would this man know that anti-price gouging laws would harm consumers, when he has no idea of the law she's proposing???

Instead of whining and blaming, what is TRUMP proposing to cure inflation???? More tariffs, and higher taxes.
Um there are all sorts of state laws and federal laws to prevent price gouging in state of emergencies.

Wirb that said you contradict yourself if inflation was down, then the fin statements you claim show price gouging didn’t cause inflation

With that said, point me to the fin statements you claim support your claim…I’ll wait

Um there are all sorts of state laws and federal laws to prevent price gouging in state of emergencies.

Wirb that said you contradict yourself if inflation was down, then the fin statements you claim show price gouging didn’t cause inflation

With that said, point me to the fin statements you claim support your claim…I’ll wait

How to tell us you're an idiot without saying the words.

By the time the financial statements were released which proved the price gouging had caused the inflation, the margin increases had been absorbed put into effect and the prices had stopped rising. But as you so frequently pointed out, the prices hadn't come down.

With margins increased, the profit increases are now build into the system, to preserve the higher rates of profits. Grocery stores have increased their net profit margins by 40%. As long as profit margins stay at the same higher level, grocery prices will remain high.

Please learn SOMETHING about economics before commenting further.

This isn’t 2006.

You don’t really know what you’re talking about, do you?
Well, I’m not an industry expert, but some of this is common sense.

If production is at all time highs as you say, then it makes sense that the green agenda is being aggressively pushed, through regulation artificially raises prices.

Forum List

Back