“I’m begging you. You’re a black man” – Bodycam Footage Reveals Man Armed With A Knife Killed By An Officer Was Asked 47 Times To Drop His Weapon

“I’m begging you. You’re a black man” – Bodycam Footage Reveals Man Armed With A Knife Killed By An Officer Was Asked 47 Times To Drop His Weapon
"I’m begging you. You’re a black man” - Bodycam Footage Reveals Man Armed With A Knife Killed By An Officer Was Asked 47 Times To Drop His Weapon | Red State Nation
18 Apr 2021 ~~ By Ray Pearson

A newly released body camera video shows officers pleading with a man to drop a knife before fatally shooting him at his DeKalb County condominium.
Matthew Williams, 35, was killed by police Monday after bodycam footage appeared to show him chasing after an officer outside his home with the knife in his hand.
It was an incident where the very premise of the 911 call was flawed, according to the body camera video and information provided by Chief Ramos.
DeKalb Police arrived at a house where a neighbor had reported a prowler.
“What are you doing here? You live here?” police are heard saying to a man inside a house a neighbor claimed was vacant.
~Snip~
An officer fired one shot, but police said Williams fled into the trees surrounding the house. In bodycam video, the officer speculated that she’d shot him in the shoulder.
“Drop the knife, man!” An officer says. “Drop the weapon. Drop the weapon,” says another. Before the incident ends, police are heard ordering him 47 times to drop the weapon.

Comment:
Good thing the officers were black or Atlanta would be burning.
What we need is more range training to enable the LEO to shoot the knife out of the perps hand. Maybe Chyna Joey Xi can show them how it's done and find some spare change in the re-imagining part of the infrastructure sca..., uh I mean legislation to provide that. Yeah, that’s it.
He had time to ask him 47 times but not time switch to a taser or pepper spray?

Doesn't seem likely.
You didn't watch the video, huh?

He lived there. He went into his home and the cops decided to break in anyway. He had a right to protect himself.
I'd like to see the body cam footage of his initial encounter with the cops leading up to where he lunged at them with a knife; I can't see any reason for him to do that. I'd like to know what was being said back and forth up to then.

He lived there. He went into his home and the cops decided to break in anyway. He had a right to protect himself.
He attacked the cops and fled. He returned to the house. Cops had every reason to call him out. He died because of his own behavior

They had no reason to initially bother him.
Now that's not true, they had a perfectly good reason to go ask him what was up. Now he doesn't have to tell them anything, but they certainly had a good reason to go ask some questions.
I'd like to know how it all went bad so fast..... what set him off?

..the cops 99% of the time do everything correct
And most of the 1% are mistakes. I'm done with giving these violent blacks the benefit of the doubt.

They are NOT the moral equals of the cops who risk their lives DAILY for these animals

Exactly what they were design to do. What exactly do you think tasers and pepper spray are for?
Making idiots feel warm and fuzzy about nonlethal options that work 50% of the time.
Link to "work 50% of the time"?
I'm allowed to embellish to make my point.

Here, read this:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/taser-vs-gun-why-police-choose-deadly-force-despite-non-n656461
The best way to avoid being killed by police is to avoid being dangerous to police. I know you hate it because you're a thug, but tough shit.
You're allowed to lie to make your point? Is this a conservitard thing? 'Cause I'm not, and if I tried you'd jump on it like a squirrel on nuts.

The article says many cops aren't certified to use them, how hard can that be? Also says there aren't enough of them, again an easy problem to rectify. Then it gets into your territory and starts "embellishing".

Last edited:
"I’m begging you. You’re a black man” - Bodycam Footage Reveals Man Armed With A Knife Killed By An Officer Was Asked 47 Times To Drop His Weapon | Red State Nation

A newly released body camera video shows officers pleading with a man to drop a knife before fatally shooting him at his DeKalb County condominium.
Matthew Williams, 35, was killed by police Monday after bodycam footage appeared to show him chasing after an officer outside his home with the knife in his hand.
It was an incident where the very premise of the 911 call was flawed, according to the body camera video and information provided by Chief Ramos.
“What are you doing here? You live here?” police are heard saying to a man inside a house a neighbor claimed was vacant.
~Snip~
An officer fired one shot, but police said Williams fled into the trees surrounding the house. In bodycam video, the officer speculated that she’d shot him in the shoulder.
“Drop the knife, man!” An officer says. “Drop the weapon. Drop the weapon,” says another. Before the incident ends, police are heard ordering him 47 times to drop the weapon.

Comment:
What we need is more range training to enable the LEO to shoot the knife out of the perps hand. Maybe Chyna Joey Xi can show them how it's done and find some spare change in the re-imagining part of the infrastructure sca..., uh I mean legislation to provide that. Yeah, that’s it.

Doesn't seem likely.
We've seen suspects shake off tasers and pepper spray. This guy was an armed threat, all we needed was for him to keep coming and slashing.

Umm... The police didn't "break in" until after he charged them with a weapon. Which is a crime in itself... o.0

Leave people who are simply minding their own business alone.
Leave "prowlers" and trespassers alone? That's what they were told and that's what they responded to.

The white left wants blacks to do anything they please without consequences
Rudy's "broken window" policy. It works. Leave trespassers alone and worse shortly follows.

I'd like to see the body cam footage of his initial encounter with the cops leading up to where he lunged at them with a knife; I can't see any reason for him to do that. I'd like to know what was being said back and forth up to then.

Suicide by cop....

~Snip~

Comment:

Doesn't seem likely.
We've seen suspects shake off tasers and pepper spray. This guy was an armed threat, all we needed was for him to keep coming and slashing.
But he didn't, and nobody even attempted less than lethal means.

As far as "you've seen", we all have watched "Cops". It's not a realistic representation of a police officers job.

~Snip~

Comment:

Doesn't seem likely.

As far as "you've seen", we all have watched "Cops". It's not a realistic representation of a police officers job.
Cops are trained to neutralize a threat, to make life and death decisions extremely quickly and cannot hesitate. It's easy for armchair quarterbacks to point and say, "He should have done this", or "He should have done that" when they're not confronted with an armed person who refuses to put down his weapon. We know what is going to happen because we can watch the video over and over, at slow speed if necessary but the cops don't have that luxury. They have one chance to make their decision, and they're human so they don't always make the perfect choice. Thus, it's best in all situations to just do what they say. That way, if they do something wrong, you get to live another day and file a big lawsuit.

Put the freakin' knife down. How hard is that?

~Snip~

Comment:

Doesn't seem likely.

Cops are trained to neutralize a threat, to make life and death decisions extremely quickly and cannot hesitate. It's easy for armchair quarterbacks to point and say, "He should have done this", or "He should have done that" when they're not confronted with an armed person who refuses to put down his weapon. We know what is going to happen because we can watch the video over and over, at slow speed if necessary but the cops don't have that luxury. They have one chance to make their decision, and they're human so they don't always make the perfect choice. Thus, it's best in all situations to just do what they say. That way, if they do something wrong, you get to live another day and file a big lawsuit.

How long did it take him to ask the guy 47 times?

~Snip~

Comment:

Doesn't seem likely.

You know, no one is obligated to try less lethal means of dealing with a threat of lethal force, right?
It's great if you have enough resources in place and enough space to risk it, but no one is under any obligation to, legally or morally....... you get that, right?

~Snip~

Comment:

Doesn't seem likely.

How long did it take him to ask the guy 47 times?
Long enough that the guy had ample time to put it down. He made it abundantly clear that he chose to remain a threat.

Forum List

Back