I'm getting ready to sue Starbucks.

Quadravius

Jan 26, 2014
Alright, so here is whats up guys.

I worked at starbucks for 8 months, I rarely missed work, and was rarely late. I go in a week ago and they ask me to take a drug test, and Im like, wtf? They didnt even give me a drug test when they hired me. Keep in mind, Im the only black person working there. And the 8 months I was there, I never heard of them giving anyone a drug test. I denied to take a drug test, and they fired me.

I just spoke with a lawyer today, and the lawyer told me that I have a pretty good case to sue on grounds of racial discrimination. And that people have won million dollar lawsuits in cases not a whole lot different than this.

After talking to the lawyer, im optimistic that starbucks is gonna be paying me a whole lot of money. Cant they learn to quit being racist and trying to keep black people down? Im glad we live in a society where if they do that shit now, theyre just gonna have to pay us a lot of money when we sue their bitch asses.

Be a good idea to read all the papers you signed when you were hired.

Don't have 'em?

Hard cheese.

You lose.

Its illegal for them to discriminate against race. And ill take the advice from my lawyer over some random dude on an internet forums. The fact is I got a lawyer who tells me I have a case.

Be a good idea to read all the papers you signed when you were hired.

Don't have 'em?

Hard cheese.

You lose.

Its illegal for them to discriminate against race. And ill take the advice from my lawyer over some random dude on an internet forums. The fact is I got a lawyer who tells me I have a case.

You too are a random dude. If you don't have the documents that were signed when you got the job, you can bet that Starbucks does. You're pissing up a rope.

Random drug tests are not racial discrimination. They caught you dirty, and you got fired. :eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

Its discrimination because randoms arent something they typically do, and when they do it they target the only black person working there. There was racial motivation for even targeting me with a drug test to begin with. If they made everyone in the place piss in a cup, then I couldnt say anything.

You too are a random dude. If you don't have the documents that were signed when you got the job, you can bet that Starbucks does. You're pissing up a rope.

They discriminated against me based on race, and they can't make you sign documents giving them the right to discriminate against you based on race.

If I didnt have a case, then a lawyer, who clearly knows a hell of a lot more than you do, would have never taken it to begin with. The lawyer informed me that starbucks might even pay me off to avoid negative publicity over a discrimination lawsuit being made public. So it might not even go to court. I told the lawyer, if they wanna pay me $50 grand and not take it to court, ill be cool with that.

Keep on believing - but don't give the random lawyer a dime. Strike a contingency only deal so when/if you lose you don't have to share your welfare check or food stamps with him/her/it.

Its discrimination because randoms arent something they typically do,

You don't know that. The management isn't gong to announce it to others. You might well have been the 10th person tested that month.

and when they do it they target the only black person working there.

Looks like they were right about you.

There was racial motivation for even targeting me with a drug test to begin with. If they made everyone in the place piss in a cup, then I couldnt say anything.

Clearly you're a doper, so they were correct in their assumption.

You haven't talked to a lawyer, you've just bitched to your friends while smoking dope.

You have no case.

The last company I worked for had a random drug test program.

At our location, we didn't know about it because nobody ever got picked. (This was a nationwide company)

After 3 years of working there, somebody finally got sent for a random.

Me. And I was the boss. :eek:

Sent from my white iPhone. I got rid of the black one because it wouldn't work.

Keep on believing - but don't give the random lawyer a dime. Strike a contingency only deal so when/if you lose you don't have to share your welfare check or food stamps with him/her/it.

We already talked about that. The lawyer is confident he can get a payout of some amount without even going to court. And that he wants 1/3rd. If the case doesn't go to court, and gets dropped, then I owe nothing.

How good is it gonna look for starbucks if the news airs a story about them being sued for racial discrimination?

What my lawyer is going to tell to starbucks lawyer, is even if you win, you'll receive negative publicity in the media. They would be better off just paying $50k.

Let's hope nobody at Starbucks reads this board.

Because if they do then a screenshot handed to their lawyers has the potential to put you behind bars.

Ask your lawyer to define "extortion".

I worked at starbucks for 8 months, I rarely missed work, and was rarely late. I go in a week ago and they ask me to take a drug test, and Im like, wtf? They didnt even give me a drug test when they hired me. Keep in mind, Im the only black person working there. And the 8 months I was there, I never heard of them giving anyone a drug test. I denied to take a drug test, and they fired me.

I just spoke with a lawyer today, and the lawyer told me that I have a pretty good case to sue on grounds of racial discrimination. And that people have won million dollar lawsuits in cases not a whole lot different than this.

After talking to the lawyer, im optimistic that starbucks is gonna be paying me a whole lot of money. Cant they learn to quit being racist and trying to keep black people down? Im glad we live in a society where if they do that shit now, theyre just gonna have to pay us a lot of money when we sue their bitch asses.

I bet you'd get along great with Noodles Boi!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtonKfWw2JY].[/ame]

You don't know that. The management isn't gong to announce it to others. You might well have been the 10th person tested that month.

Im social with people at work, and if they were giving randoms id know about it.

Looks like they were right about you.

Thats racial profiling. And its discrimination. And that is why theyre gonna get their bitch asses sued.

Clearly you're a doper, so they were correct in their assumption.

You haven't talked to a lawyer, you've just bitched to your friends while smoking dope.

You have no case.

Sure thing, and youre just another random dude on the internet with no legal experience.

Whatever papers you signed when you were hired they did not say, "We reserve the right to discriminate against you." If you are the only one who got selected for testing and they have no written warning about job performance Starbucks does have some explaining to do, not saying they can't but it is on them at that point. With such legal action lawyers will work for something like 40%, or something, if you win and nothing if you lose. They don't take a case they think they are going to eat it on. Tell your lawyer ALL information though. It is between you and him/her but if something comes up in the prehearing you knew about but did not say (s)he's not going to be pleased and that right there could cost you the case. Please try not to think about the possible monetary compensation. I know that is impossible but if you are daydreaming while questions are being asked they will pretty much guess what you are daydreaming about. Good luck.

Somewhat related Starbucks happens to be one of the greatest offenders of paying employees the least possible.

That certainty that nobody reading this board actually is a lawyer, possibly a lawyer for Starbucks, displays an innocence that would be cute in a 3-year old. If you're serious about a suit this would be a nice time to stop digging the hole any deeper

Im thinking about which new ride im gonna buy with my starbucks money.

What do you all think I should get? Im thinking mercedes benz e-class, cadillac STS, or a chrysler 300.

Forum List

Back