I'm getting ready to sue Starbucks.

Im thinking about which new ride im gonna buy with my starbucks money.

What do you all think I should get? Im thinking mercedes benz e-class, cadillac STS, or a chrysler 300.

How about buying some lessons in punctuation and grammar.

Im thinking about which new ride im gonna buy with my starbucks money.

What do you all think I should get? Im thinking mercedes benz e-class, cadillac STS, or a chrysler 300.

You probably should look at Big Wheels, Matchbox, or Tonka.

All they have to do is show that they sent any other Starbucks employees from any other locations for a random the same week, and your case will get blown out of the water.

Just because you're location didn't pop up doesn't mean they didn't have a R.D. program.

Sent from my white iPhone. I got rid of the black one because it wouldn't work.

Whatever papers you signed when you were hired they did not say, "We reserve the right to discriminate against you." If you are the only one who got selected for testing and they have no written warning about job performance Starbucks does have some explaining to do, not saying they can't but it is on them at that point. With such legal action lawyers will work for something like 40%, or something, if you win and nothing if you lose. They don't take a case they think they are going to eat it on. Tell your lawyer ALL information though. It is between you and him/her but if something comes up in the prehearing you knew about but did not say (s)he's not going to be pleased and that right there could cost you the case. Please try not to think about the possible monetary compensation. I know that is impossible but if you are daydreaming while questions are being asked they will pretty much guess what you are daydreaming about. Good luck.

Somewhat related Starbucks happens to be one of the greatest offenders of paying employees the least possible.

Thanks for the advice, and it looks like one person in this topic full of haters at least knows what theyre talking about.

Be a good idea to read all the papers you signed when you were hired.

Don't have 'em?

Hard cheese.

You lose.

The papers he signed my not be important. For example even if he consented to random drug tests he would still be successful in a discrimination complaint if other races were never tested. This case is not about the employer's right to test employees. It is about the employer unlawfully applying the rules in a disparate manner because of race.

The plaintiff merely has to show that he is a member of a protected class (African-American), and that he was ordered to be tested while White employees were not. The burden then shifts to the employer to articulate a non-discriminatory reason for the action. If they don't have a good reason, they will lose.

All they have to do is show that they sent any other Starbucks employees from any other locations for a random the same week, and your case will get blown out of the water.

Starbucks doesnt know they're being sued yet. And that week has already passed. I still know people who work there, and I asked them "did they test anyone else" and every one I talked to said no.

Whatever papers you signed when you were hired they did not say, "We reserve the right to discriminate against you." If you are the only one who got selected for testing and they have no written warning about job performance Starbucks does have some explaining to do, not saying they can't but it is on them at that point. With such legal action lawyers will work for something like 40%, or something, if you win and nothing if you lose. They don't take a case they think they are going to eat it on. Tell your lawyer ALL information though. It is between you and him/her but if something comes up in the prehearing you knew about but did not say (s)he's not going to be pleased and that right there could cost you the case. Please try not to think about the possible monetary compensation. I know that is impossible but if you are daydreaming while questions are being asked they will pretty much guess what you are daydreaming about. Good luck.

Somewhat related Starbucks happens to be one of the greatest offenders of paying employees the least possible.

Thanks for the advice, and it looks like one person in this topic full of haters at least knows what theyre talking about.

Don't assume too much. ;) You have your head into what you might have way too much. Even if you do win there has been more than one person who has ruined their whole life either receiving or waiting for a one time pile of money.

Random drug tests are not racial discrimination. They caught you dirty, and you got fired. :eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

Its discrimination because randoms arent something they typically do, and when they do it they target the only black person working there. There was racial motivation for even targeting me with a drug test to begin with. If they made everyone in the place piss in a cup, then I couldnt say anything.

Here's you problem, they can show the documents you signed that I'm positive includes the notice that random drug tests are part of the policy. The burden of proof is on you to show they use this policy or abuse this policy to discriminate, good luck as they have a large legal department, Starbucks can draw it out for years.
The best you can hope for is a settlement where you might get a years wages out of it and 33% of that will go to the lawyer.

Starbucks doesnt know they're being sued yet. And that week has already passed. I still know people who work there, and I asked them "did they test anyone else" and every one I talked to said no.

Do you know people who work in every location and in every country?

As I said earlier, my old company had 48 locations. One week a month, they would run a program that picked 8 random employees from the payroll program. I would imagine Starbucks would pick more than 8, seeing as how they have over 151,000 employees.

1 out of 151,000 is pretty good odds of not getting picked prior to this time.

Alright, so here is whats up guys.

I worked at starbucks for 8 months, I rarely missed work, and was rarely late. I go in a week ago and they ask me to take a drug test, and Im like, wtf? They didnt even give me a drug test when they hired me. Keep in mind, Im the only black person working there. And the 8 months I was there, I never heard of them giving anyone a drug test. I denied to take a drug test, and they fired me.

I just spoke with a lawyer today, and the lawyer told me that I have a pretty good case to sue on grounds of racial discrimination. And that people have won million dollar lawsuits in cases not a whole lot different than this.

After talking to the lawyer, im optimistic that starbucks is gonna be paying me a whole lot of money. Cant they learn to quit being racist and trying to keep black people down? Im glad we live in a society where if they do that shit now, theyre just gonna have to pay us a lot of money when we sue their bitch asses.
Maybe they felt they had some reason to request a test.

Starbucks is probably one of the most liberal large corporations around. Their home office is in Seattle where they were founded which is one of the most liberal large cities in the county. Their strong anti-discrimination policy, the CEO support for gay marriage, and their anti-gun policy make them a good candidate for a discrimination lawsuit. You might just just squeeze some money out them.

One thing to consider is that future employers are usually not overjoyed about job candidates who have discrimination suits underway with a previous employer. Like it or not it's red flag.

Last edited:
Rat in the Hat - every location for starbucks doesnt matter. I just have to prove I was discriminated against by the management at that particular starbucks.

Also, in the area of that starbucks location, the lawyer pointed out that the african american population is around 33% in that area. But that starbucks location only had ONE black employee, me, who they targeted for a random drug test. So much for affirmative action, its like the manager at that starbucks location didnt even care.

I was clearly a victim of discrimination by the manager there. He is an old white guy, probably in his 50s.

Last edited:
We already talked about that. The lawyer is confident he can get a payout of some amount without even going to court. And that he wants 1/3rd. If the case doesn't go to court, and gets dropped, then I owe nothing.

How good is it gonna look for starbucks if the news airs a story about them being sued for racial discrimination?

What my lawyer is going to tell to starbucks lawyer, is even if you win, you'll receive negative publicity in the media. They would be better off just paying $50k.

How about you act like a man for once in your life instead and own up to the fact you broke their policy and got caught instead of crying like a little baby. People like you are the reason why when true blue racism takes place more people just roll their eyes anymore and ignore it. Too many people have cried wolf one too many times.

Be a good idea to read all the papers you signed when you were hired.

Don't have 'em?

Hard cheese.

You lose.

Its illegal for them to discriminate against race. And ill take the advice from my lawyer over some random dude on an internet forums. The fact is I got a lawyer who tells me I have a case.
Is that lawyer willing to file and to represent you on a contingency basis? Or will you be paying him, win or lose?

Rat in the Hat - every location for starbucks doesnt matter. I just have to prove I was discriminated against by the management at that particular starbucks.

Also, in the area of that starbucks location, the lawyer pointed out that the african american population is around 33% in that area. But that starbucks location only had ONE black employee, me, who they targeted for a random drug test. So much for affirmative action, its like the manager at that starbucks location didnt even care.

R.D. tests for large corporations aren't chosen by the location's management. They're picked by corporate. From the total pool of employees. The local manager gets a call or e-mail saying "Send X for a random."

Imagine my surprise when I got that call. "***, you got picked for a random drug test. Take a drug screen kit, and go to ****** clinic within 1 hour"

After I win my case, im getting one of these.

th

Lincoln navigator. Its a cold ass ride. I love it.

You too are a random dude. If you don't have the documents that were signed when you got the job, you can bet that Starbucks does. You're pissing up a rope.

They discriminated against me based on race, and they can't make you sign documents giving them the right to discriminate against you based on race.

If I didnt have a case, then a lawyer, who clearly knows a hell of a lot more than you do, would have never taken it to begin with. The lawyer informed me that starbucks might even pay me off to avoid negative publicity over a discrimination lawsuit being made public. So it might not even go to court. I told the lawyer, if they wanna pay me $50 grand and not take it to court, ill be cool with that.
Let Me guess.

Personal injury lawyer, right?

:cuckoo:

Good luck proving race. Sounds to Me like you just don't like it and now your going to fall back on your race.

A company has the right to ensure a safe work environment. Using drugs promotes an unsafe work environment.

If I didnt have a case, then a lawyer, who clearly knows a hell of a lot more than you do, would have never taken it to begin with.

Lawyers want money, moron. Unlike you, they are willing to work for it.

Why don't you seek your fortune through hard work, industry, and creativity instead of looking for an 'angle' to make a few easy bucks you know you don't deserve? I haven't read anything that makes me buy your claim of racial discrimination and I haven't read any denial of drug use from you. Maybe you came to work looking glassy and bloodshot and someone put two and two together.

Alright, so here is whats up guys.

I worked at starbucks for 8 months, I rarely missed work, and was rarely late. I go in a week ago and they ask me to take a drug test, and Im like, wtf? They didnt even give me a drug test when they hired me. Keep in mind, Im the only black person working there. And the 8 months I was there, I never heard of them giving anyone a drug test. I denied to take a drug test, and they fired me.

I just spoke with a lawyer today, and the lawyer told me that I have a pretty good case to sue on grounds of racial discrimination. And that people have won million dollar lawsuits in cases not a whole lot different than this.

After talking to the lawyer, im optimistic that starbucks is gonna be paying me a whole lot of money. Cant they learn to quit being racist and trying to keep black people down? Im glad we live in a society where if they do that shit now, theyre just gonna have to pay us a lot of money when we sue their bitch asses.

oh please

if you had passed the drug test you would have grounds

as it is..... you failed. they win.

Forum List

Back