I'm getting ready to sue Starbucks.

Keep on believing - but don't give the random lawyer a dime. Strike a contingency only deal so when/if you lose you don't have to share your welfare check or food stamps with him/her/it.

We already talked about that. The lawyer is confident he can get a payout of some amount without even going to court. And that he wants 1/3rd. If the case doesn't go to court, and gets dropped, then I owe nothing.

How good is it gonna look for starbucks if the news airs a story about them being sued for racial discrimination?

What my lawyer is going to tell to starbucks lawyer, is even if you win, you'll receive negative publicity in the media. They would be better off just paying $50k.

right..... so play the race cared for a pay out

gotcha.

Random drug tests are not racial discrimination. They caught you dirty, and you got fired. :eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

Its discrimination because randoms arent something they typically do, and when they do it they target the only black person working there. There was racial motivation for even targeting me with a drug test to begin with. If they made everyone in the place piss in a cup, then I couldnt say anything.

You have to prove that their randoms weren't random. Good luck with that one.

Alright, so here is whats up guys.

I worked at starbucks for 8 months, I rarely missed work, and was rarely late. I go in a week ago and they ask me to take a drug test, and Im like, wtf? They didnt even give me a drug test when they hired me. Keep in mind, Im the only black person working there. And the 8 months I was there, I never heard of them giving anyone a drug test. I denied to take a drug test, and they fired me.

I just spoke with a lawyer today, and the lawyer told me that I have a pretty good case to sue on grounds of racial discrimination. And that people have won million dollar lawsuits in cases not a whole lot different than this.

After talking to the lawyer, im optimistic that starbucks is gonna be paying me a whole lot of money. Cant they learn to quit being racist and trying to keep black people down? Im glad we live in a society where if they do that shit now, theyre just gonna have to pay us a lot of money when we sue their bitch asses.

oh please

if you had passed the drug test you would have grounds

as it is..... you failed. they win.

He didn't fail it, he refused to take it. In the corporate mindset, that meant he had something to hide, so they had no choice but to let him go.

Sent from my white iPhone. I got rid of the black one because it wouldn't work.

Ok, this is clearly a troll who started a troll thread. The only question is, whose sock is this really?

I posted that to piss the haters off. All the ones who say I dont have a case, and telling me to "man up" etc. Ill keep their thoughts in mind when im rolling in my lincoln navigator courtesy of starbucks. Its called trolling back. You all are the ones trying to troll me, but this case is serious business. Hate the game, not the player.

Last edited:
Keep on believing - but don't give the random lawyer a dime. Strike a contingency only deal so when/if you lose you don't have to share your welfare check or food stamps with him/her/it.

We already talked about that. The lawyer is confident he can get a payout of some amount without even going to court. And that he wants 1/3rd. If the case doesn't go to court, and gets dropped, then I owe nothing.

How good is it gonna look for starbucks if the news airs a story about them being sued for racial discrimination?

What my lawyer is going to tell to starbucks lawyer, is even if you win, you'll receive negative publicity in the media. They would be better off just paying $50k.

Looks like you're going to get taken. That's what it looks like.

Ok, this is clearly a troll who started a troll thread. The only question is, whose sock is this really?

I posted that to piss the haters off. All the ones who say I dont have a case, and telling me to "man up" etc. Ill keep their thoughts in mind when im rolling in my lincoln navigator courtesy of starbucks.

Ok, definitely a troll now.

I worked at starbucks for 8 months, I rarely missed work, and was rarely late.

"Rarely"?

They should have fired you anyway.

Oh, and STOP USING DRUGS, MORON.

Missed 3 days in 8 months, called in every time, and was 5 minutes late maybe 4 times in 8 months.

Wait, you were only there for 8 months?? How would you know if there were ever any prior randoms done at that store before you were hired? Did everyone you worked with work there since the store was opened?

I posted that to piss the haters off. All the ones who say I dont have a case, and telling me to "man up" etc. Ill keep their thoughts in mind when im rolling in my lincoln navigator courtesy of starbucks.

An exceptionally dangerous one if this leads some naive minority kid to try extortion.

Rat in the Hat - every location for starbucks doesnt matter. I just have to prove I was discriminated against by the management at that particular starbucks.

Also, in the area of that starbucks location, the lawyer pointed out that the african american population is around 33% in that area. But that starbucks location only had ONE black employee, me, who they targeted for a random drug test. So much for affirmative action, its like the manager at that starbucks location didnt even care.

I was clearly a victim of discrimination by the manager there. He is an old white guy, probably in his 50s.

ever think that you were the only black person to apply for a job, were willing to be there when THEY wanted you to be?

I think the normal person on the street would say it looks like you are blackmailing the company and the fact that you brought up their name online means that they can sue you for defamation and take everything you've got.

You don't know that. The management isn't gong to announce it to others. You might well have been the 10th person tested that month.

Im social with people at work, and if they were giving randoms id know about it.

Looks like they were right about you.

Thats racial profiling. And its discrimination. And that is why theyre gonna get their bitch asses sued.

Clearly you're a doper, so they were correct in their assumption.

You haven't talked to a lawyer, you've just bitched to your friends while smoking dope.

You have no case.

Sure thing, and youre just another random dude on the internet with no legal experience.

Do you know the definition of random?

I posted that to piss the haters off. All the ones who say I dont have a case, and telling me to "man up" etc. Ill keep their thoughts in mind when im rolling in my lincoln navigator courtesy of starbucks. Its called trolling back. You all are the ones trying to troll me, but this case is serious business. Hate the game, not the player.

I sincerely hope you don't hurt yourself when your lawyer gets paperwork back from Starbucks showing they have an active R.D. program, and others got sent the same day or week.

What goes around comes right back around.

Im thinking of getting a custom chrome grill made on my lincoln navigator with the starbucks logo on it. If anyone asks why I did that, ill tell em - starbucks paid for it.

Rat in the Hat - every location for starbucks doesnt matter. I just have to prove I was discriminated against by the management at that particular starbucks.

Also, in the area of that starbucks location, the lawyer pointed out that the african american population is around 33% in that area. But that starbucks location only had ONE black employee, me, who they targeted for a random drug test. So much for affirmative action, its like the manager at that starbucks location didnt even care.

I was clearly a victim of discrimination by the manager there. He is an old white guy, probably in his 50s.

Good luck finding a job again once you officially establish your record of being a litigious whinger.

I think the normal person on the street would say it looks like you are blackmailing the company and the fact that you brought up their name online means that they can sue you for defamation and take everything you've got.

Good luck proving it was actually "me" who talked about suing online, and not someone else.

I never listed locations, names for a reason.

Alright, so here is whats up guys.

I worked at starbucks for 8 months, I rarely missed work, and was rarely late. I go in a week ago and they ask me to take a drug test, and Im like, wtf? They didnt even give me a drug test when they hired me. Keep in mind, Im the only black person working there. And the 8 months I was there, I never heard of them giving anyone a drug test. I denied to take a drug test, and they fired me.

I just spoke with a lawyer today, and the lawyer told me that I have a pretty good case to sue on grounds of racial discrimination. And that people have won million dollar lawsuits in cases not a whole lot different than this.

After talking to the lawyer, im optimistic that starbucks is gonna be paying me a whole lot of money. Cant they learn to quit being racist and trying to keep black people down? Im glad we live in a society where if they do that shit now, theyre just gonna have to pay us a lot of money when we sue their bitch asses.

oh please

if you had passed the drug test you would have grounds

as it is..... you failed. they win.

He didn't fail it, he refused to take it. In the corporate mindset, that meant he had something to hide, so they had no choice but to let him go.

in the eyes of an employer... that is the same as failing it. A refusal of a drug test is an automatic firing just about anywhere in this country.

i would have fired him for refusing to take the test....

Even if this whole thread is the work of a prankster it has gone sufficiently over the line that Starbucks could make life exceedingly uncomfortable for the originator. As to "taking everything" from him/her/it? How do you take wot one ain't got?

I'm not a lawyer but I do fear that if moderators/administrators don't give this a hard look Starbucks might well come to own this board or worse.

Well, once you sue them, they'll have a pretty good idea of who you are, bub.

An exceptionally dangerous one if this leads some naive minority kid to try extortion.

What he doesn't understand is that lawyers like to get people in trouble and they will let him perjure himself.

Forum List

Back