I'm getting ready to sue Starbucks.

Even if this whole thread is the work of a prankster it has gone sufficiently over the line that Starbucks could make life exceedingly uncomfortable for the originator. As to "taking everything" from him/her/it? How do you take wot one ain't got?

I'm not a lawyer but I do fear that if moderators/administrators don't give this a hard look Starbucks might well come to own this board or worse.

Starbucks won't just give him anything to go away. They will fight.

Good luck finding a job again once you officially establish your record of being a litigious whinger.

Then ill just sign up for welfare then. If nobody hires me, then somebody has to pay me something. Im already getting wic and foodstamps and living in section 8 housing because starbucks doesnt pay enough to raise a family. But keep up the attitude of putting black people down, and wishing them ill luck in not getting hired anywhere.

Im thinking about which new ride im gonna buy with my starbucks money.

What do you all think I should get? Im thinking mercedes benz e-class, cadillac STS, or a chrysler 300.

You probably should look at Big Wheels, Matchbox, or Tonka.

All they have to do is show that they sent any other Starbucks employees from any other locations for a random the same week, and your case will get blown out of the water.

Just because you're location didn't pop up doesn't mean they didn't have a R.D. program.

Sent from my white iPhone. I got rid of the black one because it wouldn't work.

It's true...we're everywhere. Be afraid, be very afraid :lol:

Here is Starbucks company policy on drugs.

Substance Abuse and Weapons

Starbucks has strict standards regarding substance abuse and weapons. Partners are not permitted to use or possess alcoholic beverages on company property, except where alcohol is specifically permitted at a Starbucks-sponsored social event. An exception applies if your job involves the sale of alcohol, but in that case, you may not consume the alcohol and must participate in any special training required for that business.

You also may not use or possess illegal drugs or controlled substances on Starbucks property or while you are engaged in any job-related activity. Partners may not report to work under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs or controlled substances.

Partners may not have or possess any weapon while in a Starbucks store, plant or on other Starbucks property. Starbucks takes its rules regarding workplace health, safety and security very seriously. It is essential that you understand and follow them, together with any more detailed guidance provided to you.

http://globalassets.starbucks.com/assets/eecd184d6d2141d58966319744393d1f.pdf

Alright, so here is whats up guys.

I worked at starbucks for 8 months, I rarely missed work, and was rarely late. I go in a week ago and they ask me to take a drug test, and Im like, wtf? They didnt even give me a drug test when they hired me. Keep in mind, Im the only black person working there. And the 8 months I was there, I never heard of them giving anyone a drug test. I denied to take a drug test, and they fired me.

I just spoke with a lawyer today, and the lawyer told me that I have a pretty good case to sue on grounds of racial discrimination. And that people have won million dollar lawsuits in cases not a whole lot different than this.

After talking to the lawyer, im optimistic that starbucks is gonna be paying me a whole lot of money. Cant they learn to quit being racist and trying to keep black people down? Im glad we live in a society where if they do that shit now, theyre just gonna have to pay us a lot of money when we sue their bitch asses.

Uh, pretty sure you're not the only Black guy working for Starbucks. Further, you're not the only Black guy...or person of ANY race, to be asked to take a drug test, which their records will prove.

It's an employment at will situation. You'll not prove racial discrimination. You'll lose and you SHOULD be be forced to pay for their legal defense giving the frivolous lawsuit you intend to bring.

Shame on you.

That said, i wouldn't take a drug test either...on principal. But then, I would have read and understood the terms of my employment before accepting their offer for work.

Exactly, I never smoked any weed on starbucks property, or while on the job, even during breaks/lunch. I smoke at home, and its none of their business what I do on my personal time.

Good luck finding a job again once you officially establish your record of being a litigious whinger.

Then ill just sign up for welfare then. If nobody hires me, then somebody has to pay me something. Im already getting wic and foodstamps and living in section 8 housing because starbucks doesnt pay enough to raise a family. But keep up the attitude of putting black people down, and wishing them ill luck in not getting hired anywhere.

You are a vile troll who is an insult to Black people and Starbucks employees everywhere.

Then ill just sign up for welfare then. If nobody hires me, then somebody has to pay me something.

What an entitled little fuck you are. Just pathetic.

Im already getting wic and foodstamps and living in section 8 housing because starbucks doesnt pay enough to raise a family.

Or, could it be, because you didn't apply yourself in school, work diligently, and focus on your future?

Naw, couldn't be...:doubt:

But keep up the attitude of putting black people down, and wishing them ill luck in not getting hired anywhere.

Luck has nothing to do with it. The only one keeping you down is you.

Just pathetic...

Exactly, I never smoked any weed on starbucks property, or while on the job, even during breaks/lunch. I smoke at home, and its none of their business what I do on my personal time.

In theory, I agree with you. So you should have never accepted the terms of employment. Were you too stupid to read those terms?

The reason the suit hasnt started yet is because the lawyer hasnt decided whether were gonna sue starbucks, or that particular location/franchise. If the lawsuit is vs that particular location, then whatever starbucks policy is on a broad level doesnt matter if I was discriminated against by employees at that particular starbucks location. He is looking into whether that location is privately owned, and who owns it. He is going to get back with me next week.

You have to sell yourself to get hired. Every job that I had demanded that I work extra extra hard.

Once they look into your background: welfare, lawsuit, - they will think liability because they will think if you don't work out you will either sue them or get unemployment from them.

So you knew you would have pissed dirty, and thought you could parlay that into winning the "lotto"?

Good luck with that.

Your lawyer will drop you like a hot brick when that comes out in deposition.

Are you then admitting you violate their policy while at home?

and now we get to the truth of it......

you dont want to work
got caught on drugs
want to play the race card....

so someone else can pay you....

my... living up to that stereotype aren't ya.

You have to sell yourself to get hired. Every job that I had demanded that I work extra extra hard.

Once they look into your background: welfare, lawsuit, - they will think liability because they will think if you don't work out you will either sue them or get unemployment from them.

Its hard to have motivation to work hard for a company when they dont even wanna pay you a livable wage, and you gotta take welfare on top of what youre making just to take care of your family. Ill show up, but Im not gonna try too hard. They can make me care more by paying me more money.

Well your going at it wrong. Obama has and liberals have used the race card so many times. It's not good anymore. You should have said, it was because your gay. Either you would have your job back, or a great settlement. Stearbucks is a liberal company, you don't have a chance.

The reason the suit hasnt started yet is because the lawyer hasnt decided whether were gonna sue starbucks, or that particular location/franchise. If the lawsuit is vs that particular location, then whatever starbucks policy is on a broad level doesnt matter if I was discriminated against by employees at that particular starbucks location. He is looking into whether that location is privately owned, and who owns it. He is going to get back with me next week.

Ummm, franchise owners agree to follow corporate hiring and employee conduct rules when they sign the contracts to get the franchise.

Your lawyer sounds like a dolt if he doesn't know this simple fact.

Just sayin' :eusa_whistle:

Your lawyer sounds like a dolt if he doesn't know this simple fact.

Just sayin' :eusa_whistle:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

It might be easier to win the case by suing the franchise owners and holding them responsible for the discrimination conducted by their management, instead of suing starbucks corporation. Because it might have been them who were acting out of line, and not obeying starbucks policy. Also in a 30% black area, that particular starbucks location didn't have hardly any black people working there.

Forum List

Back