I'm getting ready to sue Starbucks.

I vaguely remember something on radio - maybe it was a commercial - for a lawyer who specializes in this kind of thing.

I believe his name was Algonquin J. Calhoun. I don't have a phone number or nuttin' for him but I bet you can find him on Yahoo or sumplace.

Quad isn't stupid. Naïve, maybe. He worked the numbers before getting canned. Only aftican-american on the payroll, 33% minority neighborhood.

Shows up for work a few times with weed on the breath, baiting for a drug test.

He got game.

Good luck finding a job again once you officially establish your record of being a litigious whinger.

Then ill just sign up for welfare then. If nobody hires me, then somebody has to pay me something. Im already getting wic and foodstamps and living in section 8 housing because starbucks doesnt pay enough to raise a family. But keep up the attitude of putting black people down, and wishing them ill luck in not getting hired anywhere.

Like I said....a troll.

Your lawyer sounds like a dolt if he doesn't know this simple fact.

Just sayin' :eusa_whistle:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

It might be easier to win the case by suing the franchise owners and holding them responsible for the discrimination conducted by their management, instead of suing starbucks corporation. Because it might have been them who were acting out of line, and not obeying starbucks policy. Also in a 30% black area, that particular starbucks location didn't have hardly any black people working there.

Earlier you said you were the only black employee.

Now you say they had "hardly any" black people working there.

You're not very good at this, did you know that??

Sent from my white iPhone. I got rid of the black one because it wouldn't work.

Are you then admitting you violate their policy while at home?

What I do at home behind closed doors is my personal business.

You signed your rights away when you got hired.

If I was on the jury, I would award you with nothing.

I never signed away my civil rights for them to discriminate against me.

And this case wont go to a jury, its gonna be them settling out of court most likely. And if it goes to a jury, this is a 33% black area, and anyone black on the jury is gonna vote for starbucks to pay me. In fact, I hope I get an all black jury, then theyre gonna be paying me millions, and instead of rolling in a lincoln navigator, im gonna be rolling in a lambo, or ferrarri.

Earlier you said you were the only black employee.

Now you say they had "hardly any" black people working there.

Hardly any included only me. You fail at reading comprehension.

Hardly any =/= one.

True story. :thup:

john-cleese-161311.jpg

Cleese.

Sent from my white iPhone. I got rid of the black one because it wouldn't work.

I can see me rolling in one of these:

th

With a starbucks license plate on the back. People are gonna ask, are you the ceo of starbucks? Im gonna be like, naw, starbucks paid for it, so its the least I could do is give them some free advertising on my phat new ride.

This is what will happen if it goes to court, and I get a black jury.

Last edited:
Exactly, I never smoked any weed on starbucks property, or while on the job, even during breaks/lunch. I smoke at home, and its none of their business what I do on my personal time.

Are you then admitting you violate their policy while at home?

Clock in at 10:00. Smoke weed at 9:45. Yep, none of their business

Actually scratch the lambo, I am a family man, so I need a 4 door, and Bugatti has the one im looking for:

th

I cant fit my wife and kids in a lambo.

I bet people would be tripping the **** out if I was to roll up to kfc drive through in a bugatti.

Me thinks there is missing info here.
1) I guarantee that taking a drug test is mandatory for employment...and you signed it.
2) They do not have to have a reason to do the test, and it is highly-highly likely the papers you signed also said so. Refer to #1.

1) I guarantee that taking a drug test is mandatory for employment...and you signed it.
2) They do not have to have a reason to do the test, and it is highly-highly likely the papers you signed also said so. Refer to #1.
Here is the policy directly from Starbucks company. There is nothing in the policy regarding drug testing.

Substance Abuse and Weapons

Starbucks has strict standards regarding substance abuse and weapons. Partners are not permitted to use or possess alcoholic beverages on company property, except where alcohol is specifically permitted at a Starbucks-sponsored social event. An exception applies if your job involves the sale of alcohol, but in that case, you may not consume the alcohol and must participate in any special training required for that business.

You also may not use or possess illegal drugs or controlled substances on Starbucks property or while you are engaged in any job-related activity. Partners may not report to work under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs or controlled substances.

Partners may not have or possess any weapon while in a Starbucks store, plant or on other Starbucks property. Starbucks takes its rules regarding workplace health, safety and security very seriously. It is essential that you understand and follow them, together with any more detailed guidance provided to you.

http://globalassets.starbucks.com/assets/eecd184d6d2141d58966319744393d1f.pdf

Last edited:
Keep on believing - but don't give the random lawyer a dime. Strike a contingency only deal so when/if you lose you don't have to share your welfare check or food stamps with him/her/it.

We already talked about that. The lawyer is confident he can get a payout of some amount without even going to court. And that he wants 1/3rd. If the case doesn't go to court, and gets dropped, then I owe nothing.

How good is it gonna look for starbucks if the news airs a story about them being sued for racial discrimination?

What my lawyer is going to tell to starbucks lawyer, is even if you win, you'll receive negative publicity in the media. They would be better off just paying $50k.

right..... so play the race cared for a pay out

gotcha.
Yep. Some people just make a career out of suing. So many employers would rather pay off the employee rather have their names drug through the courts. There was an employee in personnel at the last company I worked for who had 3 pending law suites against previous employers.

Here is the policy directly from Starbucks company. There is nothing in the policy regarding drug testing.

Substance Abuse and Weapons

Starbucks has strict standards regarding substance abuse and weapons. Partners are not permitted to use or possess alcoholic beverages on company property, except where alcohol is specifically permitted at a Starbucks-sponsored social event. An exception applies if your job involves the sale of alcohol, but in that case, you may not consume the alcohol and must participate in any special training required for that business.

You also may not use or possess illegal drugs or controlled substances on Starbucks property or while you are engaged in any job-related activity. Partners may not report to work under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs or controlled substances.

Partners may not have or possess any weapon while in a Starbucks store, plant or on other Starbucks property. Starbucks takes its rules regarding workplace health, safety and security very seriously. It is essential that you understand and follow them, together with any more detailed guidance provided to you.

http://globalassets.starbucks.com/assets/eecd184d6d2141d58966319744393d1f.pdf
Depending on the state, an employer can test the employee if he has a good reason to believe that the person is using drugs or because the person's job carries a high risk of injury or damage if performed by someone who is under the influence. Although, an agreement is not necessary, it can provide the employer a degree protection from legal action.

Forum List

Back