I'm so old that.....

I'm so old that I met Hector Boyardee when I was a kid. You know, Chef Boyardee. Yes, he was a real person.

He told me to call him Uncle Hector. I'm so old, that didn't seem creepy to me.

I remember Little Oscar and the Weiner Mobile, (which we did make fun of. :redface:)

How about ads like this?

Anyone else going to run away from home to Tahiti in their mini-submarine?

Then there was junior rocket science...

15 cent balsa wood airplanes you could make a whole afternoon out of, more complicated ones that cost a whole $2.29 and took all weekend to build.

I'm happy to have at least lived a few decades in what I consider the last "decent" era before the 1980s and everything started turning to crap. :/

Nowadays... fugedaboutit, I don't even care what's going on in many respects.

Thx :)

Last edited:
I miss the more pleasant, "million-dollar moment", "production value" type television commercials like this one...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7F-dulMPmk]Windsong perfurme by Prince Matchabelli - YouTube[/ame]

Something that would draw the viewer in, as opposed to a getting in their face, high pressure angle. The ones they run today I just want to mute and blank out.

Last edited:
I remember when bath towels weren't the size of beach towels and the turtle on the turtleneck sweater fit perfectly without having to be pinned in order to fit an average sized neck.

I'm so old that I actually remember liberal Republicans

You still have them

M000303.jpg

I'm so old that I met Hector Boyardee when I was a kid. You know, Chef Boyardee. Yes, he was a real person.

He told me to call him Uncle Hector. I'm so old, that didn't seem creepy to me.

I remember Little Oscar and the Weiner Mobile, (which we did make fun of. :redface:)

How about ads like this?

Anyone else going to run away from home to Tahiti in their mini-submarine?

Then there was junior rocket science...

15 cent balsa wood airplanes you could make a whole afternoon out of, more complicated ones that cost a whole $2.29 and took all weekend to build.

I'm happy to have at least lived a few decades in what I consider the last "decent" era before the 1980s and everything started turning to crap. :/

Nowadays... fugedaboutit, I don't even care what's going on in many respects.

Loved those rockets!!

I'm so old I remember (and used) the old wooden wall crank phones! Seriously! Phone party lines and even in my first job some rural areas still had 3 digit phone numbers and you had to link up with three or four other operators in other towns to get a call into a REALLY rural area.

I remember Boston Blackie and The Shadow on radio. I saw the original Lassie, RinTinTin, Mickey Mouse Club, Ted Mack and his Amateur Hour on TV (I even auditioned for the show once) the Liberace Show, Lucky Strike Hit Parade ... American Bandstand.

I MISS going to a service station and having everything done without asking - windows, oil check, tires checked, gas pumped. I still believe that sort of stuff was one reason God made men for us.

I'm so old I remember (and used) the old wooden wall crank phones! Seriously! Phone party lines and even in my first job some rural areas still had 3 digit phone numbers and you had to link up with three or four other operators in other towns to get a call into a REALLY rural area.

I remember Boston Blackie and The Shadow on radio. I saw the original Lassie, RinTinTin, Mickey Mouse Club, Ted Mack and his Amateur Hour on TV (I even auditioned for the show once) the Liberace Show, Lucky Strike Hit Parade ... American Bandstand.

I MISS going to a service station and having everything done without asking - windows, oil check, tires checked, gas pumped. I still believe that sort of stuff was one reason God made men for us.

:lol:

wow

you win the thread

Forum List

Back