🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

In all seriousness, for the moment, why the "Iran ransom" story has relevancy

bendog

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2013
Unfortunately neither "side" is mentioning it, but I suppose that's to be expected. But, it's really about whether our actions have caused the very reactionary forces in Iran to imprison more dual citizenship people.

Donald's full of shite because the money properly belong to Iran regardless of prisoners, and he's desperately reaching for an issue an grabbing at this ... even though the gop was fully advised of the transaction at least six months ago, and raised no objection.

Hillary latched onto Donald's hallucination of seeing video of the plane with all the cash because ... she doesn't want to give Donald an inch, and to be somewhat fair to her, you can't really have an adult exchange with him, so why try when doing so would just lead to grief for no purpose.

The real question is whether the timing of the turning over cash and prisoners was badly timed. I'd argue that Iran has good reason to distrust us on many things, including our withholding their money. So, maybe to avoid improper appearances, and to try and show them we aren't interested in regime change so much as a respectful, peaceful and cooperate relationship with them on things like ISIS, we should have just turned over the money a couple of weeks before they released the prisoners.

But Trump would criticize even that. So, with him, there's no way to avoid his "wrath" even doing the right thing.

But, still, Iran is now arresting dual citizenship folks who almost certainly are not tied to US intelligence. We still hold most of the money we own them. How can we use leverage to cause the revolutionary guard to consider not arresting people who are citizens of other countries?

Unfortunately neither "side" is mentioning it, but I suppose that's to be expected. But, it's really about whether our actions have caused the very reactionary forces in Iran to imprison more dual citizenship people.

Donald's full of shite because the money properly belong to Iran regardless of prisoners, and he's desperately reaching for an issue an grabbing at this ... even though the gop was fully advised of the transaction at least six months ago, and raised no objection.

Hillary latched onto Donald's hallucination of seeing video of the plane with all the cash because ... she doesn't want to give Donald an inch, and to be somewhat fair to her, you can't really have an adult exchange with him, so why try when doing so would just lead to grief for no purpose.

The real question is whether the timing of the turning over cash and prisoners was badly timed. I'd argue that Iran has good reason to distrust us on many things, including our withholding their money. So, maybe to avoid improper appearances, and to try and show them we aren't interested in regime change so much as a respectful, peaceful and cooperate relationship with them on things like ISIS, we should have just turned over the money a couple of weeks before they released the prisoners.

But Trump would criticize even that. So, with him, there's no way to avoid his "wrath" even doing the right thing.

But, still, Iran is now arresting dual citizenship folks who almost certainly are not tied to US intelligence. We still hold most of the money we own them. How can we use leverage to cause the revolutionary guard to consider not arresting people who are citizens of other countries?
Bendog, a well reasoned point for both sides to consider. The right thing at the wrong time. Thank you for that cogent post.

The prisoners were being held by the hard-liners who almost certainly picked the timing of their release. These hyper-conservatives actually would rather the US be openly hostile and break our word because it justifies their tyrannical rule which is based almost entirely on portraying the US as a great evil bent on their destruction. It is also interesting to note that these people want Trump to win our election.

I think this ransom payment was a blunder by BHO and Kerry.

I would have sent a Marine Expeditionary force instead.

We need a new war anyway. The economy could use it.

We really have not had a good one since BHO took over.

BHO and Kerry have now made Carter look like a hero.

I think this ransom payment was a blunder by BHO and Kerry.

I would have sent a Marine Expeditionary force instead.

We need a new war anyway. The economy could use it.

We really have not had a good one since BHO took over.

BHO and Kerry have now made Carter look like a hero.
The idea that war is good for the economy was soundly discredited by the Bush administration.

Forum List

Back