In Defense of Teenage Knife Fighting

It’s Leftist mainstream thinking.
No, it's not.
Is that why Leftards are screaming that it was just teens having an innocent knife fight to disembowel each other?
One guy said something. That's not "mainstream".
The OP lists 4 of you Leftards making that call that knife fights are like pillow fights. And of course the protests and attacks on the cop for shooting the assailant.
And least we forget

1619565353545.png

Next it'll be thrilling pistol duels and maybe a recreational hanging or two.

*****SMILE*****

:)

I was slashed with a Stanley knife within 24 hours of landing in Glasgow for the first time.
What a shithole.

I've traveled all over the world, including all over Mexico, Central America, and South America, and the only places I was ever assaulted were Portland and Seattle.
Yep. I’ve been to at least half a dozen of the poorest nations, including El Salvador which at the time was the most violent nation on earth, and only times I didn’t feel safe was in American inner cities.

Teenage knife fighting sound extremely Darwinian ...

... I don't think we should be interfering in what is, essentially, a biological process for the good of the species.
Completely rational thought.

When he was quite little, my son grabbed a kitchen knife and threatened his sister.

I took him to his room, told him I would give him a lecture and then I would spank him so hard he'd never forget it.

And then, that's what I did.

He has never pulled a knife on anyone again, and he grew up to be a very good man.

I think most people who pull knives on people didn't have fathers around to do what I did for my son.

If someone pulls a knife on me, I'm happy to show them their folly (bringing a knife to a gunfight) and put a 9mm round through their trachea....

Black lives matter most when killed by a cop. A black life killed by a civilian black doesn't matter so much. That's the math in demonizing the cop that shot the teenager that was trying to stab another teenager.

This is not really satire. It’s Leftist mainstream thinking.

Since when do we need the cops to intervene in the recreational stabbings of our youth?

Just when I thought that America couldn’t possibly get any softer, people start suggesting that there’s a role for the police in preventing knife murders. The snowflake generation strikes once again.

Is there any tradition that the radicals won’t ruin? As the brilliant Bree Newsome pointed out on Twitter, “Teenagers have been having fights including fights involving knives for eons.” And now people are calling the cops on them? I ask: Is this a self-governing country or not? When Newsome says, “We do not need police to address these situations by showing up to the scene & using a weapon,” she may be expressing a view that is unfashionable these days. But she’s right.

Disappointingly, my colleague Phil Klein has felt compelled to join the critics. In a post published yesterday, Phil asked in a sarcastic tone whether the police should “somehow treat teenage knife fights as they would harmless roughhousing and simply ignore it.” My answer to this is: Yes, that’s exactly what they should do — yes, even if they are explicitly called to the scene. I don’t know where Philgrew up, but where I spent mychildhood, Fridays were idyllic: We’d play some football, try a little Super Mario Bros, have a quick knife fight, and then fire up some frozen pizza before bed. And now law enforcementis getting involved? This is political correctness gone mad.

It’s hypocrisy, too. Who among us hasn’t come within a second or two of murdering someone else with a steak knife? My best friend in school, Bobby “The Blade” Simpson, used to throw shivs at the smaller kids in the music room. Did we need the authorities to step in when that happened? No, we did not. As MSNBC’s Joy Reid argued smartly on her show last night, pranks such as these were dealt with by our teachers — just as we all expected they would be. And if something went wrong? Well, that’s why we had substitutes.

In all honesty, I worry that this sort of helicopter policing is making us weak. Back in my day, the people who survived a good stabbing came out stronger for it. I learned a lot of lessons from my time in the ring: self-reliance, how to overcome fear, the importance of agility, the basics of military field dressing. And, given the turnover, I also learned how to make new friends.

Today, the free-range generation to which I belong is dying out — and, this time, it is not from the wounds inflicted by everyday teenage knife fights but because our politicians and activists simply cannot leave us be. From the time of the Colosseum, our civilization has had a tradition of lightly regulated, highly entertaining combat. Who are we, exactly, to think we know better?

Grow up blacks are killing a lot of blacks.if you don’t like politics change it. Stop whining and blaming everything else. Suck it up sissy

Black lives matter most when killed by a cop. A black life killed by a civilian black doesn't matter so much. That's the math in demonizing the cop that shot the teenager that was trying to stab another teenager.
Agree

New Topics

Forum List

Back