In Order to Cut U.S. military spending dramatically would you be willing to......

...make it the policy of the U.S. to use nuclear weapons liberally if necessary?

Across four separate political discussion boards I see the repeated whining about how the U.S. spends too much on its military. Some have even insisted the U.S. could cut its annual military by 50%.

One of the main things used as a basis for this is President Eisenhower's famed "military industrial complex speech" (actually military industrial governmental complex).

But what almost everyone ignores is that Eisenhower was a big supporter of using nuclear weapons if necessary as a response to conventional military attacks. And Eisenhower took it seriously. When he took office the Korean War was still going on. Eisenhower threatened the Chinese with the use of nuclear weapons. And Ike meant it. He ordered the dropping and detonations of several nuclear weapons across the North Pacific.

So in order to cut the U.S. defense budget by half, would you be willing to support the casual use of nuclear weapons by the U.S.? For example if North Korea attacks South Korea again would you support the U.S. conducted a wide ranging nuclear attack on the North? If Iran attacked Saudi Arabia or tried to close the Straits of Hormuz would you support the U.S. making selected nuclear strikes on Iran?

Don't pretend that if the U.S. cuts its defense budget that the other nations on Earth are simply going to "act nice".
.....this is another idiotic OP---well, let's drop a nuke there......and there....how about over here.....and over there......
do you know what happens when a nuke goes off?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you people are like 14 year olds playing pc games

If you've actually read the thread you would know I'm not in favor of using nuclear weapons.

It is not your issue anyway. First, South Korea is not a weak spot, they can defend themselves, second, without that Uncle Sam in their back, Seoul would have more interest in an understanding with the north. Just walk away and watch the things solving themselves.
Under the current lib president S Korea has bent over backwards to improve relations with the North

just walking away as you suggest will lead to south korea becoming a chinese puppet state
I don´t think so. What Trump announced four years ago would not have erased the US military from the world´s surface. It would have made SK pay up in case of defense.

South Korea DOES pay.
Not enough.

Why?

Actually, the UN (and technically the U.S.) has already “decided”: Taiwan is part of China. Taiwan is not recognized as an independent nation.
Wrong

its recognizes the communists as the government of the mainland

following the 1949 civil war the Nationalists fled to Taiwan and for 20 years were recognized as the rulers of ch8na

but that was unsustainable if I recall red china was admitted to the UN about 1972.

now the popular opinion in Taiwan is moving toward independence.

something the communists are opposed to

if that happens it could lead to war
What war? Taiwan would last 4 minutes. Or do you want Americans to lose their legs there

Don’t underestimate Taiwan.

What war? Taiwan would last 4 minutes. Or do you want Americans to lose their legs there
Taiwan will last longer than Poland or France did

though if democrats are in the white house they can expect no help from America much to our shame
You would fight China over Taiwan? Just more dog eaters in Taiwan anyway

Ever been to either country? Talking out your ass? Bullshit attitude?

Actually, the UN (and technically the U.S.) has already “decided”: Taiwan is part of China. Taiwan is not recognized as an independent nation.
Wrong

its recognizes the communists as the government of the mainland

following the 1949 civil war the Nationalists fled to Taiwan and for 20 years were recognized as the rulers of ch8na

but that was unsustainable if I recall red china was admitted to the UN about 1972.

now the popular opinion in Taiwan is moving toward independence.

something the communists are opposed to

if that happens it could lead to war

How does the PLA get the 100 miles across the ocean to Taiwan? Walk on water?

Not my party. Still an Independent. I did vote Democrat this year (except for Senator Elect Hagerty). But, I knew Joe Biden was more centrist than left.
Its your party now and for the next 4 years

every dumb thing democrats do is your responsibility
That's alright. Joe's got this. Ain't his first time to the rodeo.
View attachment 415622
So far Joe’s got nuthin’
Georgia called for Biden today. Joe is also winning in the courts more than trump. Team lost two more in the courts, just today.
Ok. There is just another possibility to fight Chinese proxies (now on American soil).

...make it the policy of the U.S. to use nuclear weapons liberally if necessary?

Across four separate political discussion boards I see the repeated whining about how the U.S. spends too much on its military. Some have even insisted the U.S. could cut its annual military by 50%.

One of the main things used as a basis for this is President Eisenhower's famed "military industrial complex speech" (actually military industrial governmental complex).

But what almost everyone ignores is that Eisenhower was a big supporter of using nuclear weapons if necessary as a response to conventional military attacks. And Eisenhower took it seriously. When he took office the Korean War was still going on. Eisenhower threatened the Chinese with the use of nuclear weapons. And Ike meant it. He ordered the dropping and detonations of several nuclear weapons across the North Pacific.

So in order to cut the U.S. defense budget by half, would you be willing to support the casual use of nuclear weapons by the U.S.? For example if North Korea attacks South Korea again would you support the U.S. conducted a wide ranging nuclear attack on the North? If Iran attacked Saudi Arabia or tried to close the Straits of Hormuz would you support the U.S. making selected nuclear strikes on Iran?

Don't pretend that if the U.S. cuts its defense budget that the other nations on Earth are simply going to "act nice".
.....this is another idiotic OP---well, let's drop a nuke there......and there....how about over here.....and over there......
do you know what happens when a nuke goes off?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you people are like 14 year olds playing pc games

If you've actually read the thread you would know I'm not in favor of using nuclear weapons.
Why not?

Not my party. Still an Independent. I did vote Democrat this year (except for Senator Elect Hagerty). But, I knew Joe Biden was more centrist than left.
Its your party now and for the next 4 years

every dumb thing democrats do is your responsibility
That's alright. Joe's got this. Ain't his first time to the rodeo.
View attachment 415622
So far Joe’s got nuthin’
Georgia called for Biden today. Joe is also winning in the courts more than trump. Team lost two more in the courts, just today.
Ok. There is just another possibility to fight Chinese proxies (now on American soil).
I am not sure who the un-named Communist "Chinese proxies" are and what they are doing. I do believe all Communist and totalitarian country nationals in this country and abroad bear close watching.

Forum List

Back