In your opinion are well taken care of dogs happy?

Dogs happy

• Yes

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Nah

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • I don’t know

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

Rocko

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 30, 2011
NY
They always look sad. Cesar Milan says going by that is stupid and when you do that you’re humanizing the dog. But still I always wonder what’s on the mind of these little guys.

Who knows what they’re thinking?

I read where dogs are the only animal that understands our gestures.

Absolutely!

Dogs can be happy, sad, confused, depressed.... Mine are happy joy joy. I can especially tell with Chloe, our ugly little girl terrier of some sort. We rescued her from a terrible home and I see who she was and who she is now that she is spoiled and loved.

Dogs are sociable animals. They like to see, hang out with others of their own kind. Smell each others' butts, eat each others poo.

Dog things.

A single dog living with a group of humans will never be that happy

Anthropomorphizing animals is difficult for humans to avoid doing. We forget we are even doing it. For example, asking what a dog thinks seems to be a reasonable question, but it projects human brain processes, deeply saturated with sophisticated language, onto a living being that has no cerebral organization of the same order. In a way, it is like a computer with no software, or very limited. Assuming that other people reason as you do is already demonstrably wrong. Assuming another species does, or even could, is most likely wrong.

Last edited:
Dogs are sociable animals. They like to see, hang out with others of their own kind. Smell each others' butts, eat each others poo.

Dog things.

Yes, but dogs are domesticated. They are related to the wolf, but they are a far cry from those wild beasts now. Living in a pack can be a brutal existence at times.

Course... there is nothing more brutal than a human being with no empathy or conscience.

Dog things.

thats exactly correct. Dogs are pack animals

If you're taking "good care' in dog terms, then of course the dog will be happy ...
If you're taking "good care' in human infant terms, then probably not ... my one dog hated to be cradled like a baby, all 135 pounds of her ...

They always look sad. Cesar Milan says going by that is stupid and when you do that you’re humanizing the dog. But still I always wonder what’s on the mind of these little guys.

Do you own a dog?

Who knows what they’re thinking?

I read where dogs are the only animal that understands our gestures.
Never seen a dolphin show? Don't get me wrong, it's not like most animals take cues from humans very well other than to run the other direction... But that's clearly wrong.

Edit: Koko... I mean holy shit that's a BIG one that I should have thought of right away.

Do you own a dog?

Not at the moment. I thinking of getting a couple of Rotty’s, but I’m not sure if I’m going to pull the trigger this summer

Not at the moment. I thinking of getting a couple of Rotty’s, but I’m not sure if I’m going to pull the trigger this summer
They’re good dogs.

Useful too.

You were an owner of one? I love the way they look, and they’re super strong and athletic

A friend had one. Super sweet but you wouldn’t want to think about breaking into his place.

Yeah I know those dogs can be vicious, but I’m going to raise my dogs to be softies

random-27.jpg
dog-balloon1.jpg
9aba75357950e1afc409d867b9d2edac.jpg

Do you own a dog?

Not the best choice if you plan on having guests - ever.

Forum List

Back