Indian court orders abortion on teen girl: ‘The fetus wouldn’t wish to be born’

When you don’t believe in the God of Jacob and have a world view this is what happens.
It's also an example of man doing what the devil offered—to be your own god (Gen 3:5) and thus determine what's "right" or "wrong" for yourself.

Coming to America soon.

As messed up as this is from a Western perspective, it seems to me that it is based on a seriously-defective interpretation of Hinduism, which is the dominant religion in India. From the article:

“While we do celebrate life, the foremost spiritual prayer is that there should be liberation from the cycle of births and deaths,” he said, before quoting a verse from the Thirukkural (a book of poets’ ideas) which means: “If anything is to be desired, it should be freedom from birth.” In India, 79% of the population is Hindu, in which the belief in reincarnation — with the goal of escaping the cycle of birth and death — is central.

Now, I'm not a Hindu, and my understanding of Hinduism is elementary, but it seems that this judge thinks that killing this unborn child will help it toward the goal of “escaping the cycle of birth and death”; but that does not reconcile at all with my understanding of how Hindus think this works.

My understanding is that how well one lives whatever life one is given in one cycle, determines what kind of life they will be reincarnated into the next cycle. Do well with your life, and next time, you'll be born into a better life. Do badly, and next time you'll be born into a worse life. Somewhere below the lowest caste of humans, you get born as an animal. Above the highest caste, you don't get reborn at all, and get to move on into whatever the Hindu ideal is of the final afterlife.

Now, here's a child that would be born into a low caste, the child of a poor, unwed mother, and of a lowly criminal for a deadbeat father. By my understanding, killing this child only deprives him of the opportunity to try to do as well as he can with the life he was given, and hope next time around to be born into a better life. By my understanding of Hinduism, all that killing this child will do, now, is condemn him to be born into another bad life, comparable to what the judge purports to be sparing him this time. And of course, by sanctioning the murder of an innocent child, this judge is only bringing bad karma on himself, which, by my understanding of Hinduism, helps to condemn him, in his next reincarnation, to be born into a lower caste than he had this time.

the goal of “escaping the cycle of birth and death”
If Christians believe in “the resurrection of the body” according to the Apostles' Creed, and according to the 90th Psalm, “Lord, thou hast been our dwelling place in all generations. Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.”

How is this not the same cycle of birth and death to which the Hindus refer?

That child could have been legally aborted.
Before it was born. Yes. True. This isn't the right forum for an abortion topic... So I'll leave it at that. I've given my opinion on the government making the decision for a person. To restate that opinion bluntly... That's bullshit. The government shouldn't have any say on the topic as it's laid out.

How do you reach such an extreme level of base carnality, bloodlust, and desire to murder and rip an innocent child apart limb from limb?

You are an incredible drama queen. This level of hysterical extremism only comes from the cults. Yes. it is the woman's choice. Your version of "government" is a collection of dirty politicians and blowhards. Garbage. Moreover, every medical procedure is "on demand" unless one is unconscious in the ER. This decision does not involve "pimps and johns" at any whorehouse. Stop believing this ridiculous fantasy.

If Christians believe in “the resurrection of the body” according to the Apostles' Creed, and according to the 90th Psalm, “Lord, thou hast been our dwelling place in all generations. Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.”

How is this not the same cycle of birth and death to which the Hindus refer?

As far as I know, what all Christians believe is that you get one pass through mortality. You do what you can with the one life you are given, and at the end, are judged on that, and assigned your place in the afterlife accordingly.

Hindus and Buddhists believe, according to my understanding, that you get as many passes through mortality as it takes; you get born into one life according to how you did in previous lives, with the ultimate goal of rising above the need to be born back into mortal life at all.

Before it was born. Yes. True. This isn't the right forum for an abortion topic... So I'll leave it at that. I've given my opinion on the government making the decision for a person. To restate that opinion bluntly... That's bullshit. The government shouldn't have any say on the topic as it's laid out.

Surely it is a legitimate duty and function of government to protect all human beings—and most especially the most innocent and defenseless of all human beings—from being murdered. For any part of any government to order an innocent human being to be murdered is a severe act of malfeasance. To simply stay out of is, as you would demand, would be nonfeasance.

Surely it is a legitimate duty and function of government to protect all human beings—and most especially the most innocent and defenseless of all human beings—from being murdered. For any part of any government to order an innocent human being to be murdered is a severe act of malfeasance. To simply stay out of is, as you would demand, would be nonfeasance.
Again... This is the wrong forum. And no... Government is not to protect all human beings. Not even human beings it governs.

If that was the case you couldn't pull the plug on a braid dead individual with no ability to care for themselves. If they have true honest to god brain death you can't kill it. It must be taken care of until it dies of natural causes. It's a living human being.

Sorry... I disagree.

Again... This is the wrong forum. And no... Government is not to protect all human beings. Not even human beings it governs.

If the purpose of government is not to protect the rights of all human beings under its jurisdiction, (especially the right not to be murdered in cold blood) then what is even the point of government?

Once you remove upholding and protecting the rights of the governed, all you have left is an excuse for those who are able to rise to positions of power to exercize unrighteous dominion over those who do not occupy such positions.

If that was the case you couldn't pull the plug on a braid dead individual with no ability to care for themselves. If they have true honest to god brain death you can't kill it. It must be taken care of until it dies of natural causes. It's a living human being.

Someone who is permanently and finally dead, with no hope of recovery, is not in any way comparable to a child in the youngest stages of development, who has yet to develop his full potential.

Nor is declining to engage in extreme and unnatural means to prolong the illusion of life in one who is dead comparable to actively taking the life of one who is alive.

Someone who is permanently and finally dead, with no hope of recovery, .
Yes it is... It's just a body. Before 16 weeks, I like to argue 12 for safety, there is nobody home. Just like the body we were talking about before. They are not dead right? The body still breaths... If you feed and water it... It will grow old. It will die of old age if cared for.

I agree with you... The person is no longer home... That's just a body... Nothing more. I wouldn't waste resources on it.

is not in any way comparable to a child in the youngest stages of development, who has yet to develop his full potential
The only way I will deal with what will be in this matter, is if it's taken from someone. In this case the mother wanted it. So... A crime was committed against her.

Otherwise I will deal with it as it is... A body... Nothing more. Until it has some cognitive sense... *shrugs*

And cognitive might be the wrong word... I used to say person... And that works, but still isn't accurate by some, maybe most, dictionaries these days.

Until it gains the start of that which separates us from the rest of the animal kingdom, it's not anything I care about. For me, that's the ability to THINK.

When you don’t believe in the God of Jacob and have a world view this is what happens.
It's also an example of man doing what the devil offered—to be your own god (Gen 3:5) and thus determine what's "right" or "wrong" for yourself.

Coming to America soon.

Forced abortions are as evil as forced births.

There might be some truth to that, if there was truly such a thing as a “forced birth”. But there's no such thing.

That's just a sociopathic term that murderous subhuman filth such as yourself use to try to justify killing an innocent child in cold blood.

You are truly, an evil, soulless piece of shit.

There might be some truth to that, if there was truly such a thing as a “forced birth”. But there's no such thing.

That's just a sociopathic term that murderous subhuman filth such as yourself use to try to justify killing an innocent child in cold blood.

Triggered.

You can't spread your legs and have it both ways. Your sort were murderers from the beginning.

Triggered.

There is no greater evil, than murdering an innocent child in cold blood.

Why should I not be “triggered” by some evil, soulless, subhuman piece of shit such as yourself openly advocating and defending exactly that?

Coming to America soon.

Are you saying every Abortion is rape?

The Left hate children.

Forum List

Back