Inside the GOP dirty Tricks World

This is some good stuff---a lot of it is pertaining to some of the posters here:

Meet the GOP operatives who aim to smear the 2020 Democrats — but keep bungling it

"As it turns out, the truth or falsity of a Burkman-Wohl-concocted story is merely an inconvenience. Let the media’s “puritanical” fact-checkers puzzle it out: That’s the view of this twosome who fancy themselves as sub rosa players in the 2020 presidential contest and busy themselves trafficking in Internet rumors they hope will damage Democratic candidates.
Like notorious dirty tricksters before them, they operate in a realm where it matters little whether their claims are proved — they hardly ever are — but only whether they somehow slip into a corpuscle or two of the national bloodstream. But today it’s a more dangerous game: They operate in an era when notions about truth and fiction have been upended and in which many Americans get their information from self-affirming, partisan silos, making their brand of political cyberwarfare hyper-relevant.
Though he wasn’t involved, Wohl speaks admiringly of the fringe effort to undermine Sen. Ted Cruz’s 2016 presidential campaign with loopy claims that the Texas Republican’s father was involved in President John F. Kennedy’s assassination.
“That was good stuff,” Wohl says. “That was brilliant.”"

iu

Looks like projection to me. Democrats and progs do this 24/7. I haven't even heard of the Burkman-Wohl story, but I'll bet Russian collusion/Trump is racist lives up your butt 24/7.
You would lose. I buy into none of that nonsense. Of course, I'm neither a Dem nor a Prog...so perhaps it just misses me? This thread is quite the education...and an affirmation of the echo-chamber phenomena--it's always the other guy..always. Not the place for nuance, I see...LOL!

Gee it's as if the demoquacks have never ever smeared anyone.....lol
How odd..it's like no one reads English anymore...as i have said multiple times that all politics is dirty..and that D and R are the same in this...if you had read the article..you might recognize yourself...as the real subject.

I don't read your garbage....but I suggest you reread your own thread title. No mention of quack smearing, eh?
Uh...thank you for the compliment..but I did not write the article. Appreciate your affirmation of the articles premise..that some people live in their own echo-chamber...and reject anything that might disagree with their preconceived notions.

How do you feel...knowing that these people use you..as a mindless tool?

Hillary Clinton faces mass dissent over 'dirty tricks' on Bernie Sanders

hillary-clinton-xxlarge_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwfSVWeZ_vEN7c6bHu2jJnT8.jpg

Hillary Clinton's campaign blamed 'Russian state actors' on the email leak

• Nick Allen
25 JULY 2016 • 6:11 AM

Hillary Clinton's coronation as the Democratic presidential candidate was set to be overshadowed by walkouts and sit-ins amid fresh allegations of dirty tricks against her left-wing rival Bernie Sanders.

On the eve of the party's convention in Philadelphia 20,000 emails were made public by Wikileaks showing supposedly neutral senior party officials tried to undermine Mr Sanders's insurgent left-wing campaign by publicly portraying him as an atheist.
I don’t even know why anyone even cares. Bernie Sanders is not a Democrat.

Republicans don’t let non-Republicans run in the Republican Party.

Why should the Democrats allow non-Democrats to run in the Democratic Party?
The republicans haven't really embraced Trump, have they?

This is some good stuff---a lot of it is pertaining to some of the posters here:

Meet the GOP operatives who aim to smear the 2020 Democrats — but keep bungling it

"As it turns out, the truth or falsity of a Burkman-Wohl-concocted story is merely an inconvenience. Let the media’s “puritanical” fact-checkers puzzle it out: That’s the view of this twosome who fancy themselves as sub rosa players in the 2020 presidential contest and busy themselves trafficking in Internet rumors they hope will damage Democratic candidates.
Like notorious dirty tricksters before them, they operate in a realm where it matters little whether their claims are proved — they hardly ever are — but only whether they somehow slip into a corpuscle or two of the national bloodstream. But today it’s a more dangerous game: They operate in an era when notions about truth and fiction have been upended and in which many Americans get their information from self-affirming, partisan silos, making their brand of political cyberwarfare hyper-relevant.
Though he wasn’t involved, Wohl speaks admiringly of the fringe effort to undermine Sen. Ted Cruz’s 2016 presidential campaign with loopy claims that the Texas Republican’s father was involved in President John F. Kennedy’s assassination.

iu

dimocrap scum don't like it when we start to play by the rules they laid down.

dimocraps are scum

iu

I can't wait till Trump leaves and politicians can start telling the truth again.

LOL.

Last edited:
Dirty political tricks have been going on since the beginning of time. Funny how each side only sees the other sides fault. Then you have a guy that claims he isn't a Democrat blame only the Republicans?

Propaganda and lies on both sides seem to be the norm anymore.
Good grief...I blamed none...I just posted an article that revealed some of the machinations of the Repubs..of interest to me..because of the focus on the net..i guess i hit a nerve..LOL. I challenge you to find where i blamed anyone..at anytime...along party lines. Did you actually read the article/ Or are you like the 80% who read the title..and immediately jerk their knees?

I didn't immediately do a damn thing but thanks for playing and proving.

iu

I can't wait till Trump leaves and politicians can start telling the truth again.

Like Democrats did with Kavanaugh? We can play this game for decades both sides have tons of lies.

iu

Oh, brother :rolleyes-41: Need I say more?

iu

Libs have been doing this for years. You mad aint ya.
You'er pretty stupid with your assumptions....I posted this as informative..not that most of you clowns even read the whole thing. Dirty tricks are as old as politics..the game changer is the instant communication of the social media..and how it has allowed people of like mind to affirm one another ad infinitum. Much as is done here.
I'm not mad..you idiot! I'm not a Democrat either...issue driven--and I firmly believe the fringes elements on both sides of the divide are the real problem.

Interesting, you think social media is the driver to all the radical behavior? Why is that? What is the one element that contributes to this insanity on social media?

Is it cult mentality or school yard?( but he did it first.) just scary, the problem has advanced now we are losing the balance of power as one branch refuses to work with the other.

Is it cult mentality or school yard?( but he did it first.) just scary, the problem has advanced now we are losing the balance of power as one branch refuses to work with the other.

Both parties are playing one up, and it is old and tiring, to stop it, people need to be more selective on who they vote for when they vote. Find real leaders instead of those that always need to be right.

Dirty political tricks have been going on since the beginning of time. Funny how each side only sees the other sides fault. Then you have a guy that claims he isn't a Democrat blame only the Republicans?

Propaganda and lies on both sides seem to be the norm anymore.
Good grief...I blamed none...I just posted an article that revealed some of the machinations of the Repubs..of interest to me..because of the focus on the net..i guess i hit a nerve..LOL. I challenge you to find where i blamed anyone..at anytime...along party lines. Did you actually read the article/ Or are you like the 80% who read the title..and immediately jerk their knees?

I didn't immediately do a damn thing but thanks for playing and proving.
Back at you...thanks for playing and proving..uhhh...nothing? ROTFLMAO!

Both parties are playing one up, and it is old and tiring, to stop it, people need to be more selective on who they vote for when they vote. Find real leaders instead of those that always need to be right.
The real leaders..those truly qualified by intellect, ethics and common sense--run as far as they can from public office...who can blame them?

Last edited:

iu

You'er pretty stupid with your assumptions....I posted this as informative..not that most of you clowns even read the whole thing. Dirty tricks are as old as politics..the game changer is the instant communication of the social media..and how it has allowed people of like mind to affirm one another ad infinitum. Much as is done here.
I'm not mad..you idiot! I'm not a Democrat either...issue driven--and I firmly believe the fringes elements on both sides of the divide are the real problem.

Interesting, you think social media is the driver to all the radical behavior? Why is that? What is the one element that contributes to this insanity on social media?
I'll bite, a serious answer: I'm not sure that there is just one factor--but the ability of like to find like..and engage in mutual affirmation--is powerful for humans. 1 village idiot is ignored...10,000 have power..voting power, and thus are the targets of disinformation. Social media allows demographic targeting on a scale never before seen, IMO.

The ugly truth is that is you set the average intellect square in the middle..that places a large group south of that point. The effort of actually acquiring the database needed to perceive the nuances of both history and the social upheaval going on right now is either too hard..or judged not worth the effort, by many. It is just easier to join a group that echoes your opinions and affirms your beliefs.

The net has also given rise to what i call, "copy and paste intellectuals". They believe that any subject can be Googled and make them an instant expert. Because one can find a link to bolster any point of view..correct or not..it also empowers many. The truth is..there is no substitute for hard work..and the effort it takes to derive a nuanced world view.
Easier just to throw poo.

I could go on and on---but I doubt that this really is the right forum for intellectual discourse. I note that no matter my protestations..no matter my record..i get lumped where-ever the groups wants to put me..for their own peace of mind. When I talk about illegal immigration..I get called a right-winger..when i talk abortion..I get called a Lib. Everybody hates me on guns.

As for politics..all I really want is good governance--no matter the party. I do believe that I'm shit outta luck, on that one.

iu

I'll bite, a serious answer: I'm not sure that there is just one factor--but the ability of like to find like..and engage in mutual affirmation--is powerful for humans. 1 village idiot is ignored...10,000 have power..voting power, and thus are the targets of disinformation. Social media allows demographic targeting on a scale never before seen, IMO.

The ugly truth is that is you set the average intellect square in the middle..that places a large group south of that point. The effort of actually acquiring the database needed to perceive the nuances of both history and the social upheaval going on right now is either too hard..or judged not worth the effort, by many. It is just easier to join a group that echoes your opinions and affirms your beliefs.

The net has also given rise to what i call, "copy and paste intellectuals". They believe that any subject can be Googled and make them an instant expert. Because one can find a link to bolster any point of view..correct or not..it also empowers many. The truth is..there is no substitute for hard work..and the effort it takes to derive a nuanced world view.
Easier just to throw poo.

I could go on and on---but I doubt that this really is the right forum for intellectual discourse. I note that no matter my protestations..no matter my record..i get lumped where-ever the groups wants to put me..for their own peace of mind. When I talk about illegal immigration..I get called a right-winger..when i talk abortion..I get called a Lib. Everybody hates me on guns.

As for politics..all I really want is good governance--no matter the party. I do believe that I'm shit outta luck, on that one.

Thanks evil for the response. My apologies for lumping you in with the masses.

For many, many years, the Republicans sat back as Babyfaces and didn't respond in kind to Liberal attacks.

And it hurt them. Pantywaists like McCain and Romney were considered to be Literally Hitler. And they were pathetic losers.

Trump has changed the playbook, he responds in kind back to them. And the result was the upset schlonging of Crooked Hillary in 2016.

But you know what. It isn't likely to happen, but if Trump were to be unable to run next year for any reason, the R's would probably be left with Ultramoderate Bill Weld as the candidate. Mr. Weld would be savaged just as much as the next incarnation of Genghis Fucking Khan, regardless of how much love they show for him now.

iu

Chicago And Rigged Elections? The History Is Even Crazier Than You've Heard

During the 1928 primary election, shootings and bombings were used to frighten and eliminate opponents. That election — which saw two political figures killed and 62 bombings, including one at the home of a senator and Cook County State's Attorney candidate — became known as the "Pineapple Primary," using the slang term "pineapple" for a grenade.
What is it with you tin-foil hat types and Chicago??

iu

The Dirtiest Presidential Campaign Ever? Not Even Close!

During the historic debates between Steohen Douglas and the man who would become one of the nation’s most revered presidents, Abraham Lincoln, Douglas accused Lincoln of being a drunk—stating that the future emancipator could “ruin more liquor than all the boys in town together.

Silver vs. Gold: William Steinway's wedge issue of the 1896 election

The presidential campaign of 1896 was an emotional oneand much of the political maneuvering may look familiar to voters today. A key player in the political drama was a man whose name is associated more with pianos than hardball politics. Volunteer Researcher Larry Margasak explores piano manufacturer William Steinway's role in the 1896 campaign.

William Steinway had more than pianos on his mind as he strolled to his Third Avenue polling station in New York City, preparing to cast his presidential ballot on November 3, 1896. After arriving, he marked an X on the ballot, in a place where he had never done so before. Steinway's politics had just gone through a traumatic change.

"This is the first time in my Life that I voted any but the democratic ticket but this year the danger of democratic candidature of Wm. J. Bryan and the unlimited free coinage of silver is so great, that no true democrat can act otherwise than to vote for McKinley and sound money," Steinway wrote in his diary.

How odd..it's like no one reads English anymore...as i have said multiple times that all politics is dirty..and that D and R are the same in this...if you had read the article..you might recognize yourself...as the real subject.

I don't read your garbage....but I suggest you reread your own thread title. No mention of quack smearing, eh?
Uh...thank you for the compliment..but I did not write the article. Appreciate your affirmation of the articles premise..that some people live in their own echo-chamber...and reject anything that might disagree with their preconceived notions.

hillary-clinton-xxlarge_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwfSVWeZ_vEN7c6bHu2jJnT8.jpg

• Nick Allen

Hillary Clinton's coronation as the Democratic presidential candidate was set to be overshadowed by walkouts and sit-ins amid fresh allegations of dirty tricks against her left-wing rival Bernie Sanders.

On the eve of the party's convention in Philadelphia 20,000 emails were made public by Wikileaks showing supposedly neutral senior party officials tried to undermine Mr Sanders's insurgent left-wing campaign by publicly portraying him as an atheist.

Say what? Trump was a liberal Democrat

View attachment 263934
And now he’s the more moral and spiritual leader of the Republican Party. The man Republicans want their children to grow up to be like. A role model.

And now he’s the more moral and spiritual leader of the Republican Party. The man Republicans want their children to grow up to be like. A role model.

No one thinks that President Trump is a great moral leader at all. They just appreciate the fact that he is leading this nation back to greatness and isn't a pathetic loser.

The fact that Trump Fights Back is what really gets the goat for libs. Imagine if someone happened to President Trump and he had to abdicate or couldn't serve any more. The Republican Party would nominate Bill Weld or maybe that Son of a Mailman John Kasich.

The Democrats would literally massacre someone like Weld. Weld would be labeled as Literally Hitler, called a child molester, anything they wanted. And with Mr. Weld's insistence on not fighting back, he would be crushed.

That's the D's real problem with the Trumpster. He fights back and fights back hard.

During the 1928 primary election, shootings and bombings were used to frighten and eliminate opponents. That election — which saw two political figures killed and 62 bombings, including one at the home of a senator and Cook County State's Attorney candidate — became known as the "Pineapple Primary," using the slang term "pineapple" for a grenade.
What is it with you tin-foil hat types and Chicago??

iu

The Dirtiest Presidential Campaign Ever? Not Even Close!

During the historic debates between Steohen Douglas and the man who would become one of the nation’s most revered presidents, Abraham Lincoln, Douglas accused Lincoln of being a drunk—stating that the future emancipator could “ruin more liquor than all the boys in town together.

Silver vs. Gold: William Steinway's wedge issue of the 1896 election

The presidential campaign of 1896 was an emotional oneand much of the political maneuvering may look familiar to voters today. A key player in the political drama was a man whose name is associated more with pianos than hardball politics. Volunteer Researcher Larry Margasak explores piano manufacturer William Steinway's role in the 1896 campaign.

William Steinway had more than pianos on his mind as he strolled to his Third Avenue polling station in New York City, preparing to cast his presidential ballot on November 3, 1896. After arriving, he marked an X on the ballot, in a place where he had never done so before. Steinway's politics had just gone through a traumatic change.

"This is the first time in my Life that I voted any but the democratic ticket but this year the danger of democratic candidature of Wm. J. Bryan and the unlimited free coinage of silver is so great, that no true democrat can act otherwise than to vote for McKinley and sound money," Steinway wrote in his diary.

• Nick Allen

Say what? Trump was a liberal Democrat

View attachment 263934
more idiotic nonsense by r(retard) dean.

• Nick Allen

The republicans haven't really embraced Trump, have they?

I think the Republicans put up with Trump, when he leaves office, I doubt he will have any clout in the GOP.

Forum List

Back