Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin.

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
I'm on an Instant Pot kick this week, if you couldn't tell.

Here is the recipe...

I used a Tyson Steakhouse preseasoned pork loin filet...which I figured might not be quite tenderloin...but it worked perfectly.

So, I skipped the rub.

Everything else up to the thickening if the sauce, I followed the recipe.

5 minutes was perfect. Tenderloin was fork tender. After it was sliced in ½ inch medallions...if you've ever stretch out a slice of brisket...it was like that, put more prone to breaking apart.

Once the tenderloin had natural released, I removed it and wrapped it in tinfoil to rest.

Added two cups of egg noodles and enough water to almost cover the noodles completely, and set the IP to 1 minute.

Since the liquid is still very hot, it takes no time to get to pressure. Maybe 6 to 7 minutes it's done.

Quick release.

And this is how I served it... medallions over noodles with a side of frozen microwave steamable broccoli topped with a pinch of shredded fiesta cheese.

And it was great.

BUT...when I make it next time I'll temper some sour cream and mix that with the noodles, and a little honey to give it a hint of sweetness.

How does an Instant Pot compare to an Air Fryer? Do you think one is better than the other? I've not owned an Instant Pot but they are popular with some Asians I know, I think they are good for rice.

How does an Instant Pot compare to an Air Fryer? Do you think one is better than the other? I've not owned an Instant Pot but they are popular with some Asians I know, I think they are good for rice.

Are you meatless? Like vegetarian or vegan?

I'll skip the meat advantages if you are.

Nope, I eat meat, but not every day.
Ok. Cool. The Black Bean burger the me.

So...here ya go.

The Instant Pot is like a Crock-Pot on steroids.

It makes meat super moist and super tender. What you give up is browning...which is where the Air fryer excels.

The Instant Pot also makes hands free no boil-over pasta...

And potatoes.

But the thing it does that I love, and you might too, is dry beans.

You throw dry beans , unsoaked, and it makes them into cooked through perfect beans in a little over an hour.

They are making their way into thrift stores now too. I bought an off brand three quart for like $5 at the Habitat Restore.

Find one like that and see if you like it.

The only advantage of the Instant Pot and the Ninja is aftermarket add ons like the Pot in Pot for making two things at the same time, and special trivets and slings and such.

For meat, if you want it crispier but a little tougher, the air fryer is fine...but if you like super fork tender meats and roast, the Instant Pot is the way to go.

I have a Ninja Foodi that does both...pressure cooking and air frying. Best of both worlds. But if you have an air fryer you like, not much point in that.

I use them both (air fryer and pressure cooker) all the time.

Probably between the two, that is how 90% of the meals around here are prepared

Forum List

Back