Interesting piece about an old man

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
MY OPINION: I ENVY HIM

From up here it is easy to imagine an earlier Appalachia: wide savannas thick with buffalo, the skies crowded with passenger pigeons, dense groves of chestnut trees, the brilliant red-black flash of an ivory-billed woodpecker – all of these species are extinct or sequestered elsewhere in the country. Savannas are gone. Towns are built over. Words are forgotten. There is a new country here. Marshall, in his camo gear, clutching an old map, sounding wistful, says, “The mountains haven’t changed.”

White Settlers Wiped Miles of Cherokee Trails Off the Map. This Man Is Reclaiming Them.

I can see the attraction.

We've visited out west.....I still hang the Wyoming state flag from time to time, and spent the last week in upstate NY, the most beautiful rolling hills and mountains.

• Banned

We've visited out west.....I still hang the Wyoming state flag from time to time, and spent the last week in upstate NY, the most beautiful rolling hills and mountains.
I visited up state NY once working, Mt Kisco- it was pretty- reminded me of around Ruidoso NM- I prefer wide open spaces though- like west Texas, Wyoming, Montana, western South Dakota, Arizona in places, Nevada, Utah - but I envy the man the article is about- what a life style!

I visited up state NY once working, Mt Kisco- it was pretty- reminded me of around Ruidoso NM- I prefer wide open spaces though- like west Texas, Wyoming, Montana, western South Dakota, Arizona in places, Nevada, Utah - but I envy the man the article is about- what a life style!

You probably know that there are marked trails all throughout those NY mountains.

I've hiked the

Ramapo Dunderberg and Triangle Trail Loop - New York ...​

https://www.alltrails.com › trail › ramapo-dunderberg-tr...

Results 1 - 10 of 200 — Ramapo Dunderberg and Triangle Trail Loop is a 7.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Tuxedo Park, New York that features ...

There's even one that goes all the way down the coast

Appalachian Trail - Wikipedia​

https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Appalachian_Trail

The Appalachian National Scenic Trail, generally known as the Appalachian Trail or simply the A.T., is a marked hiking trail in the Eastern United States extending ... It passes through 14 states: Georgia, North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West ... trail often climbed straight up and down mountains, creating rough hiking ...

Forum List

Back