Iraqi parliament votes to expell all US troops and disarms its citizens

The vote still needs the approval of the Iraqi government, which has permitted a U.S. presence in the country to help combat the Islamic State.

Iraqi Prime Minister Adil Abdul-Mahdi told parliament that Iraq was grateful for the assistance the U.S. has provided in fighting ISIS, but he is now recommending that the 5,200 American troops stationed there permanently leave the country.

Abdul-Mahdi said President Trump called him to ask for help in mediating with Iran after the U.S. embassy in Baghdad was attacked.

Soon after, the U.S. launched the drone strike that killed Soleimani and also claimed the life of Iranian-backed Iraqi militia leader Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis.

Sunni and Kurdish members of parliament boycotted the session, but Shiite parties, many of them Iranian-backed, had enough votes to pass the resolution.

Last edited:
Iran now controls Iraq's government. They want no resistance to their tyranny.. Time to fight them tooth and nail.. Make Iran a glass parking lot if necessary!

Wake up America... this is what the left wants to do to you!

Two tyrants one stone. Excellent job Mr. President and Team!

Who Was The Iraqi Commander Also Killed In The Baghdad Drone Strike?

Iranian Maj. Gen. Qassem Soleimani, killed in a drone strike early Friday, is getting the vast majority of the media attention. But several others were also killed in the attack, including militia leader Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis. For years, Muhandis has been one of the most important military figures in Iraq, as the deputy commander of Iraq's Popular Mobilization Forces.

Born in Iraq as Jamal Jaafar al-Ibrahimi, Muhandis fled to Iran after Saddam Hussein came to power in the late 1970s. He was among a number of Iraqis who left to fight on the side of Iran during the Iran-Iraq war in the 1980s. He is considered by the U.S. and Kuwait to be the architect of the bombing of the American and French embassies in Kuwait in 1983, and was sentenced to death by a Kuwaiti court.

Two tyrants one stone. Excellent job Mr. President and Team!

Who Was The Iraqi Commander Also Killed In The Baghdad Drone Strike?

Iranian Maj. Gen. Qassem Soleimani, killed in a drone strike early Friday, is getting the vast majority of the media attention. But several others were also killed in the attack, including militia leader Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis. For years, Muhandis has been one of the most important military figures in Iraq, as the deputy commander of Iraq's Popular Mobilization Forces.

Born in Iraq as Jamal Jaafar al-Ibrahimi, Muhandis fled to Iran after Saddam Hussein came to power in the late 1970s. He was among a number of Iraqis who left to fight on the side of Iran during the Iran-Iraq war in the 1980s. He is considered by the U.S. and Kuwait to be the architect of the bombing of the American and French embassies in Kuwait in 1983, and was sentenced to death by a Kuwaiti court.
Well that's a bonus prize... Sentence was carried out.... WIN/WIN

They're going to expel us, huh...………….

Good luck with that. :dev2:

They're going to expel us, huh...………….

Good luck with that. :dev2:
The Iranians declared war over 18 years ago on the US, a declaration they have not abandoned. I can see this escalating very quickly or dying rapidly once a bombing of most of Iran is completed. Right now this could go either way very quickly.

Here we are, still paying for Dubya's failings. Remember, republicans defended Dubya as fiercely and with the exact same language then as they are defending Trump now.

The Iranians declared war over 18 years ago on the US, a declaration they have not abandoned. I can see this escalating very quickly or dying rapidly once a bombing of most of Iran is completed. Right now this could go either way very quickly.

I consider the war with Iran started 41 years ago, with the hostages they took from our embassy. I don't forget or forgive that and a war with Iran is fine with me. Trump has to have a war with someone: EVERY president does. It's what presidents do. (Well, Carter didn't have a war, which is why the Iranians got away with the 444 days of holding our hostages.) Iran strikes me as the best candidate, really. Not as dangerous as North Korea, with its neighbor China. And they certainly deserve it.

Bush Jr. should have set up half a dozen semi-autonomous military districts in Iraq (including one run by the Brits) and at least one permanent military base. The idea of a unified Iraq is only possible under dictatorial rule, and the concept of minority rights is nonexistent under Sharia law.

Here we are, still paying for Dubya's failings. Remember, republicans defended Dubya as fiercely and with the exact same language then as they are defending Trump now.
No we are paying for Carter's failures. 40 years after two religious zealots make a pact
If you want to play your retarded little game, we can blame Ike for starting hostilities with the coup. But let's not be retarded, which I know is hard for you, and stick to IRAQ, since it's the topic of the thread and all. You voted for our soldiers to die for nothing there every election you had the chance, and we continue to pay for your stupidity.

No we are paying for Carter's failures. 40 years after two religious zealots make a pact
If you want to play your retarded little game, we can blame Ike for starting hostilities with the coup. But let's not be retarded, which I know is hard for you, and stick to IRAQ, since it's the topic of the thread and all. You voted for our soldiers to die for nothing there every election you had the chance, and we continue to pay for your stupidity.
Wrong. I didn't vote for anything until my children were in their teens and even then I voted for Ross Perot. Since this is where we are today as a the result of failed policies all along the way I support president Trump taking decisive action just like he did this week. He and his team did a hell of a good job, IMO.

Forum List

Back