IRS: Parents Must Pay Federal Fine for Uninsured Kids

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
oh well, you voted for it,

SNIP:
January 31, 2013

By Matt Cover

(CNSNews.com) – In new, final regulations issued Wednesday, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) said that parents must pay a federal fine under Obamacare if their children or dependent spouses are uninsured for any part of the year.

The regulations clarify provisions of Obamacare that seem to say that a parent will be held liable for Obamacare’s individual mandate penalty if they don’t have insurance coverage for their children.

In its final regulations, the IRS states that parents will be made to pay the penalty (called a "shared responsibility payment") if they can claim an uninsured child or spouse as a dependent, regardless of whether they actually claim them or not.

“The proposed regulations clarify that a taxpayer is liable for the shared responsibility payment imposed with respect to any individual for a month in a taxable year for which the taxpayer may claim a personal exemption deduction for the individual (that is, the dependent) for that taxable year,” the regulations state.

all of it here
IRS: Parents Must Pay Federal Fine for Uninsured Kids | CNS News

I heard the fine is under 100 dollars. Who was dumb enough to think that a 100 dollar fine would entice people to buy a policy that costs thousands?

Its clear that this disaster of a bill was designed to bankrupt the insurance industry. People won't buy insurance till they need it then drop it the minute they don't. Premiums are gonna skyrocket when this bill kicks in.

I heard the fine is under 100 dollars. Who was dumb enough to think that a 100 dollar fine would entice people to buy a policy that costs thousands?

Its clear that this disaster of a bill was designed to bankrupt the insurance industry. People won't buy insurance till they need it then drop it the minute they don't. Premiums are gonna skyrocket when this bill kicks in.

The fine will increase and apply to each person on the tax return. At least Massachusetts had the decency to exclude children from the penalty.

Are they talking about kids 26 and under I wunder? That would just be cruel wouldn't it? :eusa_angel:

I can see a whole new wave of 14 year old being placed in foster homes. :eusa_eh:

i wonder how the liberals now like the IRS dictating their lives to them now?

Notice how the libtards run from the truth? Told you idiot libtards so and you guys were too stupid to believe it. Idiots.

oh well, you voted for it,

SNIP:
January 31, 2013

By Matt Cover

(CNSNews.com) – In new, final regulations issued Wednesday, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) said that parents must pay a federal fine under Obamacare if their children or dependent spouses are uninsured for any part of the year.

The regulations clarify provisions of Obamacare that seem to say that a parent will be held liable for Obamacare’s individual mandate penalty if they don’t have insurance coverage for their children.

In its final regulations, the IRS states that parents will be made to pay the penalty (called a "shared responsibility payment") if they can claim an uninsured child or spouse as a dependent, regardless of whether they actually claim them or not.

“The proposed regulations clarify that a taxpayer is liable for the shared responsibility payment imposed with respect to any individual for a month in a taxable year for which the taxpayer may claim a personal exemption deduction for the individual (that is, the dependent) for that taxable year,” the regulations state.

all of it here
IRS: Parents Must Pay Federal Fine for Uninsured Kids | CNS News

Yep. We're going to be locking people up for not giving their pound of flesh to the insurance company overlords before it's all over with.

Forum List

Back