Is a Amnesty Good for the economy?

get_involved

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2009
1. Will Amnesty STOP illegal immigration?

Of course not! ALL of our decades of experience with Amnesties and its results shows that
Amnesties encourage much more illegal immigration. Why? Once we as a nation confirm that criminal behavior is forgotten and rewarded with citizenship, voting, social welfare benefits like free health care, it's easy to see why hundreds of millions more foreigners will be tempted into this crime. That is what happened after the giant Amnesties in 1986 and the six subsequent smaller amnesties in the 1990s, and it will happen this time.

2. Is Amnesty GOOD for the economy?

NO! These people are already employed. That's why they are here. If illegal immigration actually creates any jobs, they are long ago created. If the illegal aliens are working illegally at payroll jobs, they are already paying all the taxes they are ever going to pay (it's taken right out of their checks). If they are paid under the table, I suppose some more honest souls amongst them might start filing tax returns.

[b]http://www.numbersusa.com[/b]

-

I'm just wondering why you spend so much time hating on illegal immigrants.

How is it at all hateful to want people to obey our laws so they dont get treated like second class people?

Well, they aren't "white and delightsome".

If you are really concerned about how they are treated, go after the rich douchebags who exploit them.

How is it at all hateful to want people to obey our laws so they dont get treated like second class people?

If you are really concerned about how they are treated, go after the rich douchebags who exploit them.

You think people who wish to deport criminal ILLEGAL aliens don't also want to go after employers who hire them illegally???

:rolleyes:

I am. I go after Congress frequently.

Then as usual, your rage is misdirected.

Let's talk about why we have an illegal problem. We have an illegal problem because douchebag rich people want people who will work for shit wages and not complain about bad working conditions.

This is unfair not only to the people who have to work there, but to the companies in competition that are paying fair wages and minding safety and following the law.

You think people who wish to deport criminal ILLEGAL aliens don't also want to go after employers who hire them illegally???

I think you are mostly motivated by your racism, not any real concern for why the problem exists.

And it backfired on you. Romney lost.

You will admit that the rhetoric is usually focused on enforcement of immigration policies, not punitive penalties for those who hire illegals, right?

Of course not! ALL of our decades of experience with Amnesties and its results shows that
Amnesties encourage much more illegal immigration. Why? Once we as a nation confirm that criminal behavior is forgotten and rewarded with citizenship, voting, social welfare benefits like free health care, it's easy to see why hundreds of millions more foreigners will be tempted into this crime. That is what happened after the giant Amnesties in 1986 and the six subsequent smaller amnesties in the 1990s, and it will happen this time.

NO! These people are already employed. That's why they are here. If illegal immigration actually creates any jobs, they are long ago created. If the illegal aliens are working illegally at payroll jobs, they are already paying all the taxes they are ever going to pay (it's taken right out of their checks). If they are paid under the table, I suppose some more honest souls amongst them might start filing tax returns.

-

As for #1, we need a substantial border fence. Physical barriers between nations is a time-honored tradition that works. In this age of your being able to download the plans for a WMD, build one, put it in your trunk and drive it across a nation's borders...to have a n unsecured border is crazy. This is something we should have gotten serious about decades ago.

#2...I disagree with you. You're speaking in gerneralities. Not all illegals have jobs any more than all legal citizens of all races. For another thing, if they're being paid under the table, they can now emerge from the shadows and get on an employer's payroll. They'll start paying into the Social Security system and assist in it's stabilization. They'll earn a minimum wage or greater. Employers won't have to decide between keeping a good worker who is on poor terms with the law and having to hire and train a new worker; they can keep the worker they have a relationship with. Amnesty will do that.

The flip side, of course, is that creating this silly 5-10 year path to citizenship is a road few will worry about traveling. What do we hope to accomplish...punishment of someone who comes out of the shadows as an incentive to come out of the shadows? I'm all for bi-partisan solutions to our problems but this is idiotic.

maybe it has something to do with them:

-Costing states millions or billions a year
-Stealing American jobs
-Killing Americans on the road and in our houses
-Breaking the fucking law just by being here!

Did you know that the meat monopolies advertise jobs on the radio down in Mexico, make them work a dangerous and shitty, shitty job (one that used to be a learned skill and pay good wages), and then hang them out to dry when they get hurt and can't work? Did you know that these same companies actually BUS those very same people in to work at these processing plants? The majority do not get here by sneaking over the border, dear.

I am. I go after Congress frequently.

Then as usual, your rage is misdirected.

Let's talk about why we have an illegal problem. We have an illegal problem because douchebag rich people want people who will work for shit wages and not complain about bad working conditions.

This is unfair not only to the people who have to work there, but to the companies in competition that are paying fair wages and minding safety and following the law.

I'm just wondering if they wish to see those rich douchebags "deported" as well.

It'd be fun to rid the country of Romney and Walmart.

:lol:

Once, a meat processor was promising room and board to these workers, but when they got to the states, they dropped the workers off at a homeless shelter and tried to bribe the shelter workers with a couple of bags of hamburgers to feed the men. Corporations have no shame and no qualms about bringing in people to work for peanuts knowing that they will eventually be dependent on the state. Just ask Wal-Mart how wonderfully this business model works for their bottom line.

It's only welfare when it helps the average Joe Schmoe American, but when it blatantly benefits the uber wealthy and big business (and it always does), it isn't. I find that infinitely interesting. Baffling and wrong, but interesting.

-

Amnesty will drastically increase illegal immigration. There are ads running in Mexico and no doubt every person there is being encouraged to get over here NOW. Only a matter of time before those here start bringing more family members over.

If we had more jobs than our citizens could fill, then it would be good to have more tax payers. Seems we are getting short on those.

Some argued that illegal aliens do the jobs Americans won't. I'm sure some people have actually become incapable of fending for themselves after decades of government dependence.

Some also argue that illegal aliens working for less money keeps the cost of things down for the rest of us. That would mean some approve of slave labor for pitiful wages. If citizens work, they can openly complain about wages or working conditions. Once the illegals are made legit, I think that means the cost of things will rise more than they are now.

I remember when construction jobs or meat packing plants were desired jobs because of good wages. I also remember when school kids did the detasseling and other farm jobs in the summer. All that has changed because the illegals swooped in and offered lower bids for jobs. They can still do that and they will.

At the very least, it will mean even tougher competition for jobs and the average person will have less chances of finding employment.

I also think that illegal aliens should pay a flat fee for however many years they have been here. Since many will lie, maybe we should say they need to make retributions for a minimum of 5 years.

It's already tough out there and is about to get worse because illegals won't worry about staying under the radar, so will go for the better jobs. It will be good for them, bad for America.

Last edited:

maybe it has something to do with them:

-Costing states millions or billions a year
-Stealing American jobs
-Killing Americans on the road and in our houses
-Breaking the fucking law just by being here!

They also generate millions or billions a year in revenues for the states because they are paying sales taxes.

The jobs they are "stealing" are mostly ones Americans don't want to do.

Your third point is borderline racism and your last point is pure racism.

Forum List

Back