Debate Now Is it Ethical to put Pineapple on Pizza?

Exactly as its use on informal polls as an 'out' for those who can't take a stand, the appearance of pineapple on a list of pizza toppings is for those wishy-washies who can't decide whether they want peppers or spinach. And they deserve what they get. :eusa_snooty:

No, it's not. Neither pineapple, nor should chicken ever be put on a pizza. Pizza is Italian sausage, pepperoni, onions, mushrooms, green peppers, black olives, pizza sauce, cheeses, and if you want, anchovies.

But not pineapple or chicken. That's just nasty.

1595553458623.png

The thread title says it all.

Is it Ethical to put Pineapple on Pizza?

And I am not a Sour Killjoy Wokester who has to exclude people from participating in discussions, so have at it.
It is ethical, but it is not moral.

I like a good thin crust pizza with quality tomato sauce, lots of cheese, and all the meats you can add. As for veggie, throw some onions on there. Maybe some mushrooms. And I will eat the hell out of it. That is the way I like my pizza.

Pineapple and Canadian bacon are not the worst two ingredients you can put on pizza. I'll eat it if its free. I won't eat one of those Veggie Supreme pizzas even if it is free.

The thing about pineapple on pizza is simple. If you like it and you are paying for the the pizza, go for it. Get it the way you want it.

Ever had drive in theater pizza?....I don't know why but one of the best pizzas I ever had was at the Pickwick drive in in Burbank CA.....or maybe it was because of the girl I was with.... :wink_2:...it was a star wars movie I think...

I've had pineapple on a dessert pizza which was kind of like a great big warm cookie. It was good. So is chocolate chip pizza which is like a great big warm chocolate chip cookie.

And I am not a Sour Killjoy Wokester who has to exclude people from participating in discussions, so have at it.
Absolutely, most definately NOT! It's like putting ketchup on hotdogs and rightly should be punishable by firing squad, lynching or beheading.

Only if you're ordering a Confused Hawaiian... pineapple, Canadian bacon (not ham), and jalapenos.

Now, another seemingly strange but delicious combination is pepperoni and cashews. I know, that's what I thought at first, but it's a damn good pairing. Trust me.

Absolutely, most definately NOT! It's like putting ketchup on hotdogs and rightly should be punishable by firing squad, lynching or beheading.
Don't be dissing my ketchup.
It's America's go to sauce.
But only Heinze, not that Catsup crap.

Any kind of fruit on pizza is nasty. What's good on pizza:

1. corn
  2. kielbasa
  3. squid
  4. salami
  5. octopus

USMB has a LONG history of providing spaces for "interest groups" and smaller discussions. You should KNOW THIS -- but let me refresh your memory....

This is certainly NOT the 1st time that USMB encouraged smaller community discussions.. When I got here in 2009 or so, USMB was offering "Interest Group" forums where someone could START a community based on shared interests or principles. It was hosted thru the "old" s/ware vendor as a feature.. The "Interest Groups" were in a whole different section of USMB and they were "invite only" ENTIRE FORUMS -- not just isolated threads..

These existed for at least 4 years, maybe 6 before we shut them down.. They were LARGELY "self-moderated" and the s/ware kept track of the invites and no one else could access them.. We shut them DOWN, because we lost tight couple with IT and Admin, and permissions for moderators for closing and deleting unused forums was NOT available without the Admin access that Cereal Killer had. It became a blight..

At the point at which we shut them down, Mod Staff was PUMMELED for doing it.. There was 2 week rebellion and walk - out and a bunch of bad mouthing USMB on the web for doing this. Had about 30 members temporarily or permanently leave. We BANNED a couple that were caught recruiting to "other sites"..,. Full pitchfork and lantern attacks on us...

Coyote got a "USMB medal of freedom" award for helping herd the rebels BACK to home base..
:abgg2q.jpg:

We can't win one way or the other on this.. At the time, I promised these groups a way to continue.. That's what prompted the "Invite Only" concept.. Except, it wasn't as GOOD as the semi-private groups that they had before and has been rarely used...

Then in 2016 for the election, we hosted "private" forums for each of presidential candidates.. To provide a space for members with party allegiances a "sane" place for posting candidate info and policy discussions.. We had to moderate these forums just like the "Invite Only" format.. Anyone dropping in to OPPOSE a candidate in any thread got ONE SHOT to comment, and then was required to LEAVE.. And we DID enforce this, and eventually, it became pretty popular.. Those forums are STILL archived under (IIRC) Elections forum.. And they did NOT affect the outright warring going on in Politics, Current Events or Election forums..

It aint something we just pulled out of an orifice.....

Forum List

Back