Is this a good reason to close your bank account?

I always use cash, or a cashier's check for big purchases, like my cars. It's not hard, just go to the bank and get it. they can still hack the bank, but that is still far less risky than using your debit card everywhere every week like a mindless lunatic.
A cashiers check? You have to be kidding. A cashiers check is more dangerous than a debit card because it is a blank check that requires no PIN

I found out that some gas stations over charge you credit card when you use it at the gas pump. Very soon they remove the over charge but, if you happen to have other purchases, payments going through, they won't get paid. Now I NEVER use a card at the pump. I pay cash.

They should be forced to give cash customers a 3% discount or more; instead we get the card fees for the deadbeats included in the posted prices.

A cashiers check? You have to be kidding. A cashiers check is more dangerous than a debit card because it is a blank check that requires no PIN

Rubbish. You name the recipient and the exact amount, like on any other check. Plus, you keep your regular account's number and routing numbers out of some corporate file that some employee can steal and sell.

I've preferred credit unions for checking and keeping a modest amount in a savings account.

Rubbish. You name the recipient and the exact amount, like on any other check. Plus, you keep your regular account's number and routing numbers out of some corporate file that some employee can steal and sell.
WTF is this all about? Corporate files? WTF is that? Debit cards are a secure and convenient way to deal with the 21st century economy.

WTF is this all about? Corporate files? WTF is that? Debit cards are a secure and convenient way to deal with the 21st century economy.
Yep, today all I use for payment is my Debit card. Unless it's 'contraband' like candy, drinks or anything 'some people' say I shouldn't have. :scared1:

Apparently you have no bills and buy nothing. And, debit cards are not 'secure', in fact they're prime targets for hackers.

Its seems like this month when I been trying to checking my account balance online, I often get a message saying "Technical Difficulties" And it happened on Pay day and was able to get into my account until the afternoon that day. i dont want to keep seeing technical difficulties when I go to check my balance because part of me is feeling like it will say $0.00 when its back up. Thats why now I am trying to research other banks because I make the move where I can still get paid on Thursday instead of Friday. The other thing is it takes so long to switch direct deposit to another bank.

BTW: Discover Bank gives me no issues.

My accounts are in a local Credit Union. NO problems..

Forum List

Back