🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Israel Happy at Compromise Deal on Iran

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
I am happy Obama has caved into the pressure from the sensible leaders in this country and specifically, Israel

-Geaux
------------------
r

Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu (C) and Strategic Affairs Minister Yuval Steinitz (L) attend the weekly cabinet meeting in Jerusalem December 14, 2014.
REUTERS/OLIVER WEIKEN/POOL

(Reuters) - Israel is pleased at a compromise deal on Iran achieved between the United States Congress and the administration of President Barack Obama, Israeli Intelligence Minister Yuval Steinitz said on Wednesday.

In what was seen as a setback for Obama, the U.S. president agreed on Tuesday that Congress should have the power to review a nuclear deal with Iran, reluctantly giving in to pressure from Republicans and some in his own party over the barbed issue.

"We are certainly happy this morning. This is an achievement for Israeli policy," Steinitz told Israel Radio, citing a March 3 speech by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to Congress in which he argued against a then-emerging framework agreement with Tehran on curbing its nuclear program.

Steinitz said the compromise bill would be "a very important element in preventing a bad deal", or at least in improving the April 2 blueprint that world powers charted with Iran.

The bill requires the Obama administration to send the text of any final agreement with Iran to Congress as soon as it is completed, and blocks Obama's ability to waive many U.S. sanctions on Tehran while Congress reviews the deal. It allows a final vote on whether to lift sanctions imposed by Congress in exchange for Iran dismantling its nuclear capabilities.

It also requires that the White House send Congress regular, detailed reports on a range of issues including Iran's support for terrorism, ballistic missiles and nuclear program.

Israel happy at compromise deal on Iran between Congress-Obama minister Reuters

I am happy Obama has caved into the pressure from the sensible leaders in this country and specifically, Israel

why are you happy that a foreign country is dictating policy to our leaders?
Why are you wanting obama to allow Iran to build a nuclear bomb?

I don't think anyone can stop Iran from building a nuke and frankly, i don't think Iran having a nuke is that big of a deal.

The Crazy dictator in North Korea has a nuke. Even he isn't crazy enough to use it.

We need to stop letting the Zionists dictate our policy.

Why bother sending the deal to congress? Let's just cut out the middle man and send the deal to Israel and they can tell us what they'd prefer be in it. Then once we have their permission, we can try again to negotiate keeping in mind that our priority is whatever's best and most convenient for Israel.

Why bother sending the deal to congress? Let's just cut out the middle man and send the deal to Israel and they can tell us what they'd prefer be in it. Then once we have their permission, we can try again to negotiate keeping in mind that our priority is whatever's best and most convenient for Israel.

Obama is taking a 'common sense' approach that most 'folks' in America support

-Geaux

No, I'm glad Congress stood up to the Idiot in Chief and told him he needed adult supervision.

Obama knew he would face the impeachment squad big-time. Plus, Hillary needs some Jewish $$ from the Israeli left lol

-Geaux

No, I'm glad Congress stood up to the Idiot in Chief and told him he needed adult supervision.

Obama knew he would face the impeachment squad big-time. Plus, Hillary needs some Jewish $$ from the Israeli left lol

-Geaux
Yeah, that impeachment squad is so, not impeaching....

Why are you happy that the other option for the sake of Israel is go to war?
What made you think that caving in changes anything?
Will you be happy then when Americans come home in body bags?

Why are you happy that the other option for the sake of Israel is go to war?
What made you think that caving in changes anything?
Will you be happy then when Americans come home in body bags?
He's just an old man that wants to see others die soon like himself....

Forum List

Back