Israel Tortures Palestinian Children; Keeps Them In Outdoor Cages In Winter: Rights Group

Children do have rights to live and play freely in Israel. Until they perform criminal acts which could cause harm to innocents. Then they are subject to arrest and investigation. No criminal acts -- no arrest. Easy peasy.
20 years in prison for rock throwing. Yeah, that's fair.

That's a maximum sentence. And you don't seem to understand the significance of the crime.

If you can't drive a truck or a car down the street in their neighborhood, there will be no commerce, no deliveries, no building, no services, no jobs, no future ----- no life. YOU condone a rock littered street and broken cars and glass and pelting the only police authority in the region with rocks. But it's that act --- that will DENY these kids any chance of a better future. NOBODY is gonna invest or give a shit in their communities without order.

So not only do they have parents and supporters (like you) cheering them on to doom themselves and their children,-- but they are hurting and dying for NOTHING.. Because their parents wont support respectable leadership and govt of their own. Not all Israels fault here. Not at all..

I don't really think you care that much about the kids. Because if you did -- you wouldn't say "it's their duty" to throw rocks. INSTEAD Dhara -- you'd be working to find their Nelson Mandela or Ghandi who would lead them to make the deals that lead to self-rule..

I need MUCH MORE evidence ..
---
That is an excellent objective approach, and therefore you are not religious and an agnostic too? :)

With regard to this thread, the OP title appears to be misleading (about ONLY Pali kids held in outdoor cages & the degree of their "torture"), but it does raise valid concerns about how Israel treats Pali children in general.
And likewise, I would not be surprised if Israeli kids were mistreated by Pali authorities.
HOWEVER, the Pali kids are arrested (often w/out evidence) in their own occupied territory, then often transported across to Israeli land in violation of the Geneva Convention ...

"Two out of the three military detention facilities run by the IPS where Palestinian children are held in detention are located inside Israel (Hasharon and Megiddo). The transfer of Palestinian detainees outside the occupied Palestinian territory constitutes a breach of Article 49 of the Fourth Geneva Convention, prohibiting the transfer of protected persons from occupied territory, and Article 76 of the same Convention, providing that protected persons convicted of offenses shall be detained and serve their sentences within the occupied territory."

How would you feel if you were 12 years old and transported away from your family to a hostile territory and interrogated behind closed doors without fair counsel?

I agree that BOTH Palestinians and Israelis are to blame for their continued conflicts, but the children's suffering should be minimized when under the control of ETHICAL authorities, and Israel seems to hold the most power with support from the USA.

How would you feel if you were 12 years old and transported away from your family to a hostile territory and interrogated behind closed doors without fair counsel?

I'd feel stupid for telling my kid to throw rocks.
Then I'd be glad he didn't get his stupid ass killed because he threw rocks.
But I'm rational, not "Palestinian".
---
You may be rational when lying on your couch watching cable TV in your FREE land, but when your freedom is taken away and you're treated like 2nd-rate scum, then maybe you would protest too, no?
Don't know about you, but if my town was occupied by Russian soldiers who detest my existence, i would throw more than rocks at them.

Actually the reality is --- they are 2nd class. Because they are not citizens of the occupying power. So their PRIMARY focus should be on statehood for themselves and their children. And we both know how futile it is for the Palestinians to organize -- find statesmen and visionary leaders and get a plan. That's WHY they have screwed up EVERY OPPORTUNITY to fix their sorry state of limbo. For THAT -- I have some tears. Especially when they were "WARDS" of Jordan and sitting in the West Bank virtually scot-free of Israeli torment. With a King who invited them to participate in the govt, learn to value infrastructure and organization and help them DEVELOP their territory with $Bills in cash. And they repaid that opportunity with violence and military actions against the Kingdom.

If they CARED about their children and their children's future, they wouldn't have chosen a bunch of gangsters better known for hijacking airplanes and shooting up Olympics -- than for any talent in convincing the world to give autonomy to Palestinians.

So now -- they don't WANT their children to be Israelis with the benefits of law. They still have the same issue. No leadership. No vision for peace. And their kids are dying and suffering for no good reason..

Do I care? Of course I do. But I am no longer a co-dependent to their dysfunctional state. Israel is NOT their largest problem. The fact that they DESTROYED the PA and have been kicked out of Jordan/Lebanon is..
In a word "PATHETIC"............ You are a total Apologist for Israels CRIMES against Humanity...........and CHILDREN..........You should recind your position as a Moderater,with such an attitude

---
That is an excellent objective approach, and therefore you are not religious and an agnostic too? :)

With regard to this thread, the OP title appears to be misleading (about ONLY Pali kids held in outdoor cages & the degree of their "torture"), but it does raise valid concerns about how Israel treats Pali children in general.
And likewise, I would not be surprised if Israeli kids were mistreated by Pali authorities.
HOWEVER, the Pali kids are arrested (often w/out evidence) in their own occupied territory, then often transported across to Israeli land in violation of the Geneva Convention ...

"Two out of the three military detention facilities run by the IPS where Palestinian children are held in detention are located inside Israel (Hasharon and Megiddo). The transfer of Palestinian detainees outside the occupied Palestinian territory constitutes a breach of Article 49 of the Fourth Geneva Convention, prohibiting the transfer of protected persons from occupied territory, and Article 76 of the same Convention, providing that protected persons convicted of offenses shall be detained and serve their sentences within the occupied territory."

I agree that BOTH Palestinians and Israelis are to blame for their continued conflicts, but the children's suffering should be minimized when under the control of ETHICAL authorities, and Israel seems to hold the most power with support from the USA.

---
You may be rational when lying on your couch watching cable TV in your FREE land, but when your freedom is taken away and you're treated like 2nd-rate scum, then maybe you would protest too, no?
Don't know about you, but if my town was occupied by Russian soldiers who detest my existence, i would throw more than rocks at them.

Actually the reality is --- they are 2nd class. Because they are not citizens of the occupying power. So their PRIMARY focus should be on statehood for themselves and their children. And we both know how futile it is for the Palestinians to organize -- find statesmen and visionary leaders and get a plan. That's WHY they have screwed up EVERY OPPORTUNITY to fix their sorry state of limbo. For THAT -- I have some tears. Especially when they were "WARDS" of Jordan and sitting in the West Bank virtually scot-free of Israeli torment. With a King who invited them to participate in the govt, learn to value infrastructure and organization and help them DEVELOP their territory with $Bills in cash. And they repaid that opportunity with violence and military actions against the Kingdom.

If they CARED about their children and their children's future, they wouldn't have chosen a bunch of gangsters better known for hijacking airplanes and shooting up Olympics -- than for any talent in convincing the world to give autonomy to Palestinians.

So now -- they don't WANT their children to be Israelis with the benefits of law. They still have the same issue. No leadership. No vision for peace. And their kids are dying and suffering for no good reason..

Do I care? Of course I do. But I am no longer a co-dependent to their dysfunctional state. Israel is NOT their largest problem. The fact that they DESTROYED the PA and have been kicked out of Jordan/Lebanon is..
In a word "PATHETIC"............ You are a total Apologist for Israels CRIMES against Humanity...........and CHILDREN..........You should recind your position as a Moderater,with such an attitude

Please post yourself on YouTube staying calm while a bunch of kids throw rocks at you.
A bit of advice, make sure you wear brown underwear.

Last edited:

TROUBLE IS,IT WAS ALL TRUE........Only Australia has the GUTS to expose the truth..............you Yanks just live in a fish bowl of BULL SHIT.....that is why we are respected so much.......steve

If it were all true Steve -- the kid that claimed to be hung from a cross and beaten and tortured would have been a bloody mess on April 10th when he was arrained in Court the day after his arrest. And again when he appeared in court on April 14th -- his next court date. The judges would be holding court with bloody and beaten children visibly injured. As the Camera reports states -- that is likely NOT the case.

None of the kids released from custody (to my knowledge) has ever been DOCUMENTED to show the scars or the bruises. Sure -- some of them are roughed up while being apprehended. But any rational person would ask why there isn't a catalogue of gruesome pix of released abused children..

---

---

The largest crime is --- the total lack of a REASON for these kids to be egged on to violence. If there was a Pali Govt and Pali statesmen and Pali efforts at SELF rule -- there would be a cause to die for. But there is not. And PRETENDING that Palis in the occupied territory are due all the rights and privileges of Israeli citizenship is a pipe dream. They are NOT and should NOT be Israelis. They SHOULD be palestinians. With their own police force. Their own judges. And their own plans and dreams.

Don't NEED to stop volunteering as a moderator for my views. Because I'm PROUD of my views. And I'm convinced I care WAY MORE about the future of these kids than a lot of couch warriors who refuse to hold the Palis accountable for their long string of bad decisions about statehood.. And instead make stupid ass statements like "It's their DUTY to throw rocks" .. As tho --- THAT ACT is gonna improve their lives..

---

---

but when your freedom is taken away and you're treated like 2nd-rate scum

Something about Islam, eh?
Look at how well Muslims treat other Muslim scum.
---
Why the lame diversion?
We're talking about children's rights to play & live FREELY in their own homeland, like you did "Patriot", but you bring up the Islam/Muslim card?
That's a white flag in the debate world.
:)

We're talking about children's rights to play & live FREELY in their own homeland,

If their idea of playing involves throwing rocks, I have no sympathy.

---

---

but when your freedom is taken away and you're treated like 2nd-rate scum

Something about Islam, eh?
Look at how well Muslims treat other Muslim scum.
---
Why the lame diversion?
We're talking about children's rights to play & live FREELY in their own homeland, like you did "Patriot", but you bring up the Islam/Muslim card?
That's a white flag in the debate world.
:)

We're talking about children's rights to play & live FREELY in their own homeland,

If their idea of playing involves throwing rocks, I have no sympathy.

And it MIGHT be their homeland if their parents didn't go to war over the leadership of PAuthority and effectively dissolve it. You KNOW that a PALESTINIAN police force was being financed and trained. That the PA was in the process of setting up courts and a justice system. And AGAIN the Palis chose to elect radical terrorists and go to war WITH EACH OTHER -- rather than DO anything about creating "a homeland"..

The stories you posted lies or exaggerations.
Stating what someone said in an article is not a lie, or an exaggeration. A lie, is a deliberate attempt to deceive.

You also add unnecessary intent and appeal to emotion and extrapolation to the stories in order to force truth to your pre-conceived notions about Israel.
I have no preconceived notions about Israel. My position on Israel, is a direct result of all the shit things Israel has been doing for the last 70 years.

So, for example, the book is not banned. That is an outright fabrication. The book in question was on the required reading list for a certain grade level. It was removed from the list as required reading, for reasons that have nothing to do with the subject matter. In fact, other books, with similar subject matter are required reading at various grade levels. The book is freely and easily available in all school libraries and there is no problem with children reading it, or with teachers adding it to their curriculum should they wish.
The book is banned.

Israel’s Education Ministry has disqualified a novel that describes a love story between an Israeli woman and a Palestinian man from use by high schools around the country.

The airline story appears to be true, but is an isolated incident. The Israeli Jewish passengers were concerned with safety and wanted extra security because of the Arab Israeli passengers. Was it discrimination? Yes. Was it racism? Quite possibly. Are Jews afraid with all the attacks against them that are played out in the media? Of course. Is that fear warranted? Possibly.
The Arab-Israeli's had just as much a right to be on that plane as the Jewish-Israeli's. I would've told them, either shut your fuckin' mouth and take your seat, or you will be removed from the plane and put on a no-fly list. That type of overt bigotry, cannot be tolerated.

But here's the key to that whole situation -- just because a couple of Israeli Jews act like jerks out in public...
Over a dozen joined them.

does not make Israel (or all Israelis or all Jews) apartheid or racist.
Then where was the Israeli voice of reason telling those Jews what they were doing was wrong?

There are plenty of idiots in the US who make discriminatory comments about blacks but that doesn't make the US an apartheid State, though it might be fair to argue that it makes the US a sick country.
That's why we have "hate crime" laws. Does Israel?

Not arresting criminals right away so as not to reveal the informants and to protect them is a valid strategy, imo.
So the criminals in the Paris attacks shouldn't have been arrested right away? Timothy McVie shouldn't have been arrested right away? The 19 hijackers on 9/11 shouldn't have been arrested right away? They burned a baby to death and the authorities having jurisdiction, are making up excuses not to arrest them. There's something wrong with that picture. Especially in light of the fact that you fuckers scream bloody murder every time a Palestinian throws a rock.

I fully agree that destroying homes of criminals in Palestine punishes those not responsible and as such is wrong. I would also question whether it serves as an effective deterrent rather than incitement.
It's not the homes of criminals, it's the homes of their parents or relatives. It's worth noting, they don't demolish homes of Jewish criminals' parents.

My point being that there are all sorts of lies about Israel going around this thread, this forum and the world. Instead of Israel-bashing, we should look at honestly at these incidents.
Israel deserves to be bashed for the shit things its doing. Far too many people are making excuses for their behavior. So when Israel does something fucked, you want people to look the other way?

"That stupid ass statement" reminds me of an IDENTICAL one made by the mental midget mayor of Baltimore when she said she was "allowing the kids to have a space for creative destruction". Meaning that instead of insisting on law and order for the greater LONG TERM GOOD of that community -- the leftist brain decides that a little "creative destruction" is a good SHORT TERM goal.

No word yet on when that community will be razed to the ground because NO ONE wants to do business or provide services in a bombed out war zone..

"That stupid ass statement" reminds me of an IDENTICAL one made by the mental midget mayor of Baltimore when she said she was "allowing the kids to have a space for creative destruction". Meaning that instead of insisting on law and order for the greater LONG TERM GOOD of that community -- the leftist brain decides that a little "creative destruction" is a good SHORT TERM goal.
The kids in Baltimore were not allowed to go home after they got off the buses. They were herded into certain areas and pepper sprayed into a riot.

No word yet on when that community will be razed to the ground because NO ONE wants to do business or provide services in a bombed out war zone..
Then give them a McDonalds. Why would they complain? They got their own McDonalds now.

I'd also like to point that unlike a girl stealing a bike, throwing rocks, firing firecrackers, and setting ambushes is risking the lives of others.
Throwing rocks is legal; Israeli presence in the OPT, is not.

Where have you lived that allows ambushing cars, trucks, people or COPS with rocks as totally legal?

Or are you making the rules for these minors now??

Don't like living in an occupied territory? Then don't destroy every chance you have at leadership and self-rule..

Where have you lived that allows ambushing cars, trucks, people or COPS with rocks is totally legal?

Don't like living in an occupied territory? Then don't destroy every chance you have at leadership and self-rule..
Nationals of an occupying power, are not protected persons.

And a population under the belligerent occupation of a foreign force, has every legal right in the world to resist.

Where have you lived that allows ambushing cars, trucks, people or COPS with rocks is totally legal?

Nationals of an occupying power, are not protected persons.

And a population under the belligerent occupation of a foreign force, has every legal right in the world to resist.

They may have a right to do that. But if that's their only effort to rectify the situation -- then their priorities suck and their success is doubtful.. And enlisting children in the "resistance" is largely frowned upon everywhere.

Dhara I'd also like to point that unlike a girl stealing a bike, throwing rocks, firing firecrackers, and setting ambushes is risking the lives of others.
Throwing rocks doesn't deserve 20 years.
Up to* - and yes it does.
This is all ever since last year's new bill that changed it. There is absolutely no difference if an unprovoked assault and attempt murder under racial motives is done with a rock or with a gun, such offender must be remove from society.

I think you are wrong. 20 years makes sense if someone seriously hurt.
You should pay more attention to those little invisible lines that describe the bill accurately, I don't know what is your source of information but I believe it may have fall in between those lines, so here is the most precise and accurate translation I could come up with (shortest one also)
Upon (proved in court) intention to cause serious harm and attacking a driving vehicle, an assault against a person / police officer( including the other offenses that come by) one may be penalized by the newly extended maximum penalty of up to 20 years.

TROUBLE IS,IT WAS ALL TRUE........Only Australia has the GUTS to expose the truth..............you Yanks just live in a fish bowl of BULL SHIT.....that is why we are respected so much.......steve

If it were all true Steve -- the kid that claimed to be hung from a cross and beaten and tortured would have been a bloody mess on April 10th when he was arrained in Court the day after his arrest. And again when he appeared in court on April 14th -- his next court date. The judges would be holding court with bloody and beaten children visibly injured. As the Camera reports states -- that is likely NOT the case.

None of the kids released from custody (to my knowledge) has ever been DOCUMENTED to show the scars or the bruises. Sure -- some of them are roughed up while being apprehended. But any rational person would ask why there isn't a catalogue of gruesome pix of released abused children..

It was ALL true sorry that you are unable to accept the TRUTH but that's your problem you see......this report was admitted by the Israeli Government and their treatment of minors changed....Result Australia 1v0 You Guys...........Take your heads out of the SAND...steve

Dhara I'd also like to point that unlike a girl stealing a bike, throwing rocks, firing firecrackers, and setting ambushes is risking the lives of others.
This is all ever since last year's new bill that changed it. There is absolutely no difference if an unprovoked assault and attempt murder under racial motives is done with a rock or with a gun, such offender must be remove from society.
5, 8, 10 and 11 year old children? YOu're wrong.
In such case, it is the parents that are being punished, not the kids, however, in order to identify the parents the kids has to go throughout identification procedure since only by the age of 16 children are required to carry ID, so it is always a fuss that doesn't look good but it is the best option so far.

Different law enforcement for Israeli's and Palestinians for the same crime.
I don't understand what you're trying to say here...

Forum List

Back