Israel Tortures Palestinian Children; Keeps Them In Outdoor Cages In Winter: Rights Group

I need MUCH MORE evidence ..
---
That is an excellent objective approach, and therefore you are not religious and an agnostic too? :)

With regard to this thread, the OP title appears to be misleading (about ONLY Pali kids held in outdoor cages & the degree of their "torture"), but it does raise valid concerns about how Israel treats Pali children in general.
And likewise, I would not be surprised if Israeli kids were mistreated by Pali authorities.
HOWEVER, the Pali kids are arrested (often w/out evidence) in their own occupied territory, then often transported across to Israeli land in violation of the Geneva Convention ...

"Two out of the three military detention facilities run by the IPS where Palestinian children are held in detention are located inside Israel (Hasharon and Megiddo). The transfer of Palestinian detainees outside the occupied Palestinian territory constitutes a breach of Article 49 of the Fourth Geneva Convention, prohibiting the transfer of protected persons from occupied territory, and Article 76 of the same Convention, providing that protected persons convicted of offenses shall be detained and serve their sentences within the occupied territory."

How would you feel if you were 12 years old and transported away from your family to a hostile territory and interrogated behind closed doors without fair counsel?

I agree that BOTH Palestinians and Israelis are to blame for their continued conflicts, but the children's suffering should be minimized when under the control of ETHICAL authorities, and Israel seems to hold the most power with support from the USA.

How would you feel if you were 12 years old and transported away from your family to a hostile territory and interrogated behind closed doors without fair counsel?

I'd feel stupid for telling my kid to throw rocks.
Then I'd be glad he didn't get his stupid ass killed because he threw rocks.
But I'm rational, not "Palestinian".

The problem is, you stupid piece of shit, your "Indy" report was in 2012, with its pictures taken in 2010. The report in the OP was in 2013.

Your report is just dumbass conjecture and you're a fucked up racist.

Wooooooshhhhh right over the anti Semite's noodle. You don't honestly think I take ANYTHING a disgusting anti Semite says serious do you? Now run along know nothing, ya bother me

Its hard to believe and seeing children locked up and abused...This is the Israeli mind-set...This is what Israel has become to survive without shame or honor...

Israel Tortures Palestinian Children; Keeps Them In Outdoor Cages In Winter: Rights Group

In a 2013 review of Israel's child rights record, the UN Committee on the Rights of Children (CRC) said it has deep concern about the reported practice of torture and ill-treatment of children arrested, prosecuted and detained by the military and the police
By American Herald Tribune | January 15, 2016
Share this article!
Children_at_Qalandia_checkpoint_8a2e2.jpg

Following a November 2015 report by the independent, in which it quoted NGO rights organization the Palestinian Prisoners Club (PPC) that at least 600 Palestinian children have been arrested in Jerusalem alone in the first half of 2015 and that roughly 40% were sexually abused, a new January 2016 report was also issued by the Independent, this time saying that the Israeli government is torturing children and keeping them in outdoor cages during winter time.

The Independent cited a report published by The Public Committee Against Torture in Israel (PCATI) saying that “children accused of minor crimes were subject to public caging, threats and acts of sexual violence and military trials without representation.”

Upon a visit by Israel’s Public Defender’s Office (PDO) lawyers, shocking details of happenings in the detention facility was uncovered.

“During our visit, held during a fierce storm that hit the state, attorneys met detainees who described to them a shocking picture: in the middle of the night dozens of detainees were transferred to the external iron cages built outside the IPS transition facility in Ramla,” the PDO described the scene on its website.

“It turns out that this procedure, under which prisoners waited outside in cages, lasted for several months, and was verified by other officials.”

The report said the incident in Ramla was just one example of a broad range of abuses being suffered.

As for the charges upon which the children are detained, the PCATI quoted figures from the campaign group, noting that “The majority of Palestinian child detainees are charged with throwing stones.”

74 per cent of these children experience physical violence during arrest, transfer or interrogation, the reported added, underscoring that Israel was the only government to systematically prosecute children in its military courts, and added that “no Israeli children come into contact with the military court system”.

In the first three weeks of November 2014 alone, Israel kidnapped at least 380 Palestinians from across the occupied West Bank and East Jerusalem.

In a 2013 review of child rights record, the UN Committee on the Rights of Children (CRC) said it has deep concern about the reported practice of torture and ill-treatment of Palestinian children arrested, prosecuted and detained by the military and the police, and about the State party’s failure to end these practices in spite of repeated concerns expressed by treaty bodies.

pauad-meme-generator-excuse-me-wtf-is-this-shit-3ae845_u18chan.jpg

amazing what that lying loon believes, isn't it?

Welcome to apartheid Israel......................in Greece?

Apparently, 3 racist Israeli's refused to take their seats on a Greek runway until 2 Palestinian-Israeli's were taken off the plane. During the 90 minute standoff, dozens more Israeli-Jews joined in the protest. Finally, Greek authorities appeased these assholes and took the Palestinian's off.

I think they should of beat these racist assholes into fucking coma's and placed in their seats and buckled up. Because, after all, safety first! And with luck, these racist pricks wouldn't regain their consciousness until the plane reaches its destination. But if they do, just beat them into their racist coma again.

Other examples of apartheid Israel:

Israel banned a Hebrew novel, Borderlife, from the schools curriculum because it features a romance between an Israeli Jew and a Palestinian.

following a shooting by Nashat Melhem that killed three Israelis in Tel Aviv on New Year’s Day. [before finding Melhem and shooting him dead] his immediate family had been either arrested as accomplices or interrogated at length. the police told his mother they would demolish the family home unless he turned himself in – only Palestinians, not Jews, face house demolitions.

However, when the shoe is on the other foot and it's Jewish settlers doing the killing, actions by the Israeli government are much different.

For weeks, in a familiar pattern following settler violence, the investigation made no progress. Then in September, defence minister Moshe Yaalon conceded that the culprits had been identified but the police would make no arrests to avoid exposing their informers.

Only after an international outcry, and Arab legislators threatened to petition the supreme court, did the wheels of law enforcement start to grind. No one, of course, has suggested arresting the Jewish suspects’ parents – in one case a settlement rabbi – or demolishing their homes. Settlement seminaries have not been raided, or their students questioned at gun point.

This is a sick country, with even sicker people defending it.

And I'm sick of that!

Wooooooshhhhh right over the anti Semite's noodle. You don't honestly think I take ANYTHING a disgusting anti Semite says serious do you? Now run along know nothing, ya bother me
Why would I hate Jews?

i don't know. probably some jewish girl thought you were ugly so you're bitter.

i'm not sure anyone cares why you hate jews. but it's clear that you do.

now let's pretend your insane hatred for israel isn't anti-semitism

I read the entire thread. Lots of accusations and very little evidence to support them.

I see no reason to believe Israel is torturing children.
Just like average Germans not seeing any death camps in WWII until Eisenhower made them bury the dead.

What are you going to say when you have your "Eisenhower moment"?

Fug off, I've read your comments. You fool nobody and you comment like a middle school kid. You're useless
So you don't even have the stones answer the question?

I guess bullshit innuendo's are as far as you go? Like your response to the OP.

I said get lost. If not I will simply send your dumb arse to ignore along with the other useless trolls. See, you're just not that important

i don't know. probably some jewish girl thought you were ugly so you're bitter.

i'm not sure anyone cares why you hate jews. but it's clear that you do.

now let's pretend your insane hatred for israel isn't anti-semitism
I just think its a hoot that everyone who's called me a "Jew hater", can't say why I would hate Jews. If you can't say why you said what you said, what you said is nothing more than a baseless accusation.

The funny part is, you acting like people don't see this.

BTW, I had a Jewish girlfriend once. She was an absolute psycho in bed. I did not see that coming.

Welcome to apartheid Israel......................in Greece?

Apparently, 3 racist Israeli's refused to take their seats on a Greek runway until 2 Palestinian-Israeli's were taken off the plane. During the 90 minute standoff, dozens more Israeli-Jews joined in the protest. Finally, Greek authorities appeased these assholes and took the Palestinian's off.

I think they should of beat these racist assholes into fucking coma's and placed in their seats and buckled up. Because, after all, safety first! And with luck, these racist pricks wouldn't regain their consciousness until the plane reaches its destination. But if they do, just beat them into their racist coma again.

Other examples of apartheid Israel:

Israel banned a Hebrew novel, Borderlife, from the schools curriculum because it features a romance between an Israeli Jew and a Palestinian.

following a shooting by Nashat Melhem that killed three Israelis in Tel Aviv on New Year’s Day. [before finding Melhem and shooting him dead] his immediate family had been either arrested as accomplices or interrogated at length. the police told his mother they would demolish the family home unless he turned himself in – only Palestinians, not Jews, face house demolitions.

However, when the shoe is on the other foot and it's Jewish settlers doing the killing, actions by the Israeli government are much different.

For weeks, in a familiar pattern following settler violence, the investigation made no progress. Then in September, defence minister Moshe Yaalon conceded that the culprits had been identified but the police would make no arrests to avoid exposing their informers.

Only after an international outcry, and Arab legislators threatened to petition the supreme court, did the wheels of law enforcement start to grind. No one, of course, has suggested arresting the Jewish suspects’ parents – in one case a settlement rabbi – or demolishing their homes. Settlement seminaries have not been raided, or their students questioned at gun point.

This is a sick country, with even sicker people defending it.

And I'm sick of that!

I think they should of beat these racist assholes into fucking coma's and placed in their seats

If they did that, you'd be whining that the Arabs were beat into a coma. LOL!

Billo_Really ,

The stories you posted lies or exaggerations. You also add unnecessary intent and appeal to emotion and extrapolation to the stories in order to force truth to your pre-conceived notions about Israel.

So, for example, the book is not banned. That is an outright fabrication. The book in question was on the required reading list for a certain grade level. It was removed from the list as required reading, for reasons that have nothing to do with the subject matter. In fact, other books, with similar subject matter are required reading at various grade levels. The book is freely and easily available in all school libraries and there is no problem with children reading it, or with teachers adding it to their curriculum should they wish.

The airline story appears to be true, but is an isolated incident. The Israeli Jewish passengers were concerned with safety and wanted extra security because of the Arab Israeli passengers. Was it discrimination? Yes. Was it racism? Quite possibly. Are Jews afraid with all the attacks against them that are played out in the media? Of course. Is that fear warranted? Possibly.

But here's the key to that whole situation -- just because a couple of Israeli Jews act like jerks out in public does not make Israel (or all Israelis or all Jews) apartheid or racist. There are plenty of idiots in the US who make discriminatory comments about blacks but that doesn't make the US an apartheid State, though it might be fair to argue that it makes the US a sick country.

Not arresting criminals right away so as not to reveal the informants and to protect them is a valid strategy, imo.

I fully agree that destroying homes of criminals in Palestine punishes those not responsible and as such is wrong. I would also question whether it serves as an effective deterrent rather than incitement.

My point being that there are all sorts of lies about Israel going around this thread, this forum and the world. Instead of Israel-bashing, we should look at honestly at these incidents.

Dhara I'd also like to point that unlike a girl stealing a bike, throwing rocks, firing firecrackers, and setting ambushes is risking the lives of others.

Forum List

Back