Israeli Piece...

pbel

Gold Member
Feb 26, 2012
When talking or dealing with Israeli officials one is constantly reminded that double talk and lying is characteristic.

Group: Israel expands subsidies to settlements

JERUSALEM (AP) — The Israeli Cabinet on Sunday expanded its list of West Bank settlements eligible for government subsidies, a decision that came just days after the resumption of long-frozen peace talks and drew quick Palestinian condemnation.

The Cabinet approved a range of housing subsidies and loans for more than 600 Israeli communities deemed "national priority areas," expanding an earlier list. The list includes poor towns in Israel's outlying areas, but also dozens of settlements.

The Palestinians want to establish a state in the West Bank, Gaza and east Jerusalem — lands Israel captured in 1967 — and renewed talks are to draw Israel's borders with such a state. Since 1967, Israel has built dozens of settlements on war-won land — deemed illegal by most of the international community — that are home to some 560,000 Israelis.

LOL and that would be 'different' from any other politicians or elected officials HOW?

Look at all the lip service paid to 'we're against abortion' by US politicians - then show me the funding for additional babies born to mothers who can't afford to feel 'em. Show me the funding for the orphanages, the schools, the clinics those million babies a year are absolutely going to need.....

Or, we've been discussing 'Peak Oil' since the '40s - where is the funding for R&D for the next type of electrical generation after we've burned all the dinosaurs?

Admittedly, the situation re: subsidies is the other side of the coin - but it's all of a piece.

...Hanan Ashrawi, a member of the Palestinian negotiating team, said Sunday's vote affirms Palestinian suspicions that Israel seeks the diplomatic shield of negotiations, without being willing to reach an actual partition deal.

"This is exactly what Israel wants, have a process for its own sake, and at the same time have a free hand to destroy the objective of the process," he said. "This will have a destructive impact (on the talks), and it seems to me it's up to the sponsors, the United States and the international community, to make Israel desist immediately..."

Considering the dire shortage of housing, Israel should build in the land that was re-captured from Jordan. There is nothing illegal about 'settlements' and if the land is to be eventually for the Palestinians then of course, they wouldn't mind Jewish people there, would they, unless of course they want their State to be devoid of Jews of course.

When talking or dealing with Israeli officials one is constantly reminded that double talk and lying is characteristic.

JERUSALEM (AP) — The Israeli Cabinet on Sunday expanded its list of West Bank settlements eligible for government subsidies, a decision that came just days after the resumption of long-frozen peace talks and drew quick Palestinian condemnation.

The Cabinet approved a range of housing subsidies and loans for more than 600 Israeli communities deemed "national priority areas," expanding an earlier list. The list includes poor towns in Israel's outlying areas, but also dozens of settlements.

The Palestinians want to establish a state in the West Bank, Gaza and east Jerusalem — lands Israel captured in 1967 — and renewed talks are to draw Israel's borders with such a state. Since 1967, Israel has built dozens of settlements on war-won land — deemed illegal by most of the international community — that are home to some 560,000 Israelis.

We all know there will never be a peaceful settlement to these issues. I have an idea. Why don't those mighty arab armies unite and recapture land taken by Israel in '67? Oh...been there done that huh?

We all know there will never be a peaceful settlement to these issues. I have an idea. Why don't those mighty arab armies unite and recapture land taken by Israel in '67? Oh...been there done that huh?

I have no doubt that if History is a guide that Wars of Attrition will eventually end in that manner by peace or attrition of nearly half a billion people over a few million...a hundred years 2, 3 hundred, time favors numbers.

I prefer peace because Islam is not incompatible with Judaism, and believe pece will bring prosperty and dual interests for Jews and Arabs.

Off to Lunch!

That is Netanyahu's attempt of pacifying the Jewish house political party.

Smart move, eh.

That is Netanyahu's attempt of pacifying the Jewish house political party.

Smart move, eh.

Excellent move.

I have no doubt that if History is a guide that Wars of Attrition will eventually end in that manner by peace or attrition of nearly half a billion people over a few million...a hundred years 2, 3 hundred, time favors numbers.

I prefer peace because Islam is not incompatible with Judaism, and believe pece will bring prosperty and dual interests for Jews and Arabs.

Off to Lunch!

I'll have Tuna on Rye

Off to Lunch!

I'll have Tuna on Rye
He meant out to lunch.

LOL and that would be 'different' from any other politicians or elected officials HOW?

Look at all the lip service paid to 'we're against abortion' by US politicians - then show me the funding for additional babies born to mothers who can't afford to feel 'em. Show me the funding for the orphanages, the schools, the clinics those million babies a year are absolutely going to need.....

Or, we've been discussing 'Peak Oil' since the '40s - where is the funding for R&D for the next type of electrical generation after we've burned all the dinosaurs?

Admittedly, the situation re: subsidies is the other side of the coin - but it's all of a piece.

marvelously unambiguous diversion.

thank you.

Palestinians better step up to the plate otherwise there ain't going to be much left to negotiate for.

Excellent post, right on target.

thank you.

Just because your pee sized brain can't understand what someone says, doesn't mean it's a deflection. If you want, I can ask the other pro - Israelis here to use smaller, less complicated words for you, ok ?

thank you.

Just because your pee sized brain can't understand what someone says, doesn't mean it's a deflection. If you want, I can ask the other pro - Israelis here to use smaller, less complicated words for you, ok ?
Don't think it will work, but it may be worth a try.

Off to Lunch!

I'll have Tuna on Rye
Toasted Toast?

Off to Lunch!

I'll have Tuna on Rye
Toasted Toast?

Not bad Pbel. Not bad.

Forum List

Back