Israel's Legal Right To Exist

Nothing phony about the map. It's in the official UN archives. You can see it right on the UN's site. Looks like more than 90% of the land was owned by the native Christians and Muslims in 1945.

Palestine: Land ownership by sub-district (1945) - Map (1 August 1950)

And, thanks for linking the Haaretz article that confirms that the land was farmed by Palestinians before the Jews began invading.

You are a hoot Hollie.

So who where the Jews that were already there, you know the ones the Ottomans invited to migrate and close colonise alongside the Jews already there ?

My argument is, and has always been, that the Palestinian Arab Christians and Muslims due to their extreme length of residence in the land (you can't unbreak that egg) ALSO have rights to the land.​

Cool, then they should return to their homes.

There are practical considerations, of course, but I have always agreed that the Arab Christian and Muslim Palestinians have the right to return to their homeland.
These people are now refugees in Gaza. Do you have a good explanation why they cannot go back to their homes?

Najd, Gaza - Wikipedia

Very simple they are persona non gratis due to the fact they took up arms against Israel when the arab league invaded the mandate of palestine. This is covered by IHL and the Geneva conventions, and any people that take up arms lose all rights to claim the land as theirs.

Once again you deny the Jews their rights under International laws because you are so biased and have so much hate.
Load of Israeli crap.

They were attacked while in their own village before the 1948 war. They were not attacking anybody.

Nothing phony about the map. It's in the official UN archives. You can see it right on the UN's site. Looks like more than 90% of the land was owned by the native Christians and Muslims in 1945.

Palestine: Land ownership by sub-district (1945) - Map (1 August 1950)

And, thanks for linking the Haaretz article that confirms that the land was farmed by Palestinians before the Jews began invading.

You are a hoot Hollie.

So who where the Jews that were already there, you know the ones the Ottomans invited to migrate and close colonise alongside the Jews already there ?
Those who had Turkish citizenship became Palestinian citizens with the rest of the Palestinians.

These people are now refugees in Gaza. Do you have a good explanation why they cannot go back to their homes?

Najd, Gaza - Wikipedia

The primary one would be the risk of violence, of course.
From a bunch of farmers who have not attacked anyone for centuries?

Apart from the Jews, Christians, Egyptians, Syrians and themselves many times since they were invented in 627 C.E.

Unless you have a valid link that says they are a bunch of farmers ?
Do you have any evidence to the contrary?

My belief is that Zionists think they have a right to make a state in Palestine because their god promised it to them millennia ago and because Jews had their kingdom there in Roman times.

I would challenge you to think about this in a different way. Yes, there are some extremely religious Jews who believe in some sort of G-d-given right to the land, but even that is arguable for reasons of complex Jewish theology that I won't bother to get into here. But for most Jewish people, and certainly for most Israelis, the primary reason for wanting a State is not based on religion or even on ancient history (although that certainly plays a role). It is based on the desire for a national self-determination, the same as the Kurdish people, the Catalan people, the Scots, the Tibetans, the Cypriots, the Serbs, the Croats, the French, the Spanish, the Americans. It is no different, except in one way. And that is the need for safety and security. The Jewish people, quite unique in the world, need a place to be safe. It is also based on the right of return to an ancestral homeland.
You say that most Jewish people want a state of their own is because they desire (i) "national self-determination". They also want (ii) "safety and security". You also claim that the Jewish people are (iii) "unique", And you assert a (iv) "right of return" to their ancestral homeland.
i) Jews are citizens of very many countries and so their nations have a claim on their aspiration for the self determination of these nations. Do you really want Polish Jews do not identify with the culture of Poland? Are Scottish Jews not really Scottish? Do you realize what message this gives to countries where Jews a citizens? Why would any Germans accept Jewish politicians, judges, teachers, and so forth, if their loyalty is to another nation? So be it.
ii) Are Jews in Israel safer and more secure than Jews in the USA? Seriously? If having a Jewish state in the middle of Arab Muslim countries while occupying Palestine and dealing with Arab native people with brutality is their idea of "safety and security then I would disagree.
iii) The Jews are no more unique than Catholics in Northern Ireland, Armenians in Turkey, or Roma in Spain. They have no claim on uniqueness than Basques in Spain and France or the Apache nation in the USA.
iv) The Holy Land is the mother of three religions, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. No group has a claim on having an exclusive right to live there.

I would disagree with you that Jews and Palestinians want the same thing.

How so? Palestinians want national self-determination in what they consider their ancient homeland. The Jewish people want national self-determination in what they consider their ancient homeland. The Palestinian people want to return to a land from which they were expelled. The Jewish people want to return to a land from which they were expelled. The Palestinian people want an end to oppression, equality and dignity. The Jewish people want the same.

So how are they different?
Palestinians do not claim a right to the land based on ancient history. Their homeland is where they were born and their claim is therefore stronger than Russian immigrants.

I have never demonized Jews ...

"Demonize" is a catch-all word to describe dialogue which is critical of the Jewish people or which denies to the Jewish people things which would normally not be denied to others. Saying "Jews stole land" is not a criticism of Israel and her government -- it is demonizing the Jewish people.
Please, learn the distinction between Zionists and Jews.

the English promised a home for Jews in some place other than England and since they had the mandate over Palestine they offered it to the Jews, primarily Europeans from central and Eastern Europe who had survived the Final Solution.

Well, in fact, the land was promised to the Jewish people in 1917 -- before there was a Final Solution. So, your claim is patently false. And the British did not offer the land to the Jews. The British offered to assist in facilitating the re-constitution of the Jewish National Home. The difference is the agency of the Jewish people.
You are correct; the English wanted the Jews out of Europe before the Final Solution. But antisemitism and the Jewish Question was current in the beginning of the last century and even before that. The Zionists had their eye on Palestine which was in the hands of the English so it was a win-win when the English got the Jews out of Europe and let them have a "home" (not state) in Palestine. After the Final Solution, the destruction of the European Jews made a "home" for survivors seem sensible and it is no coincidence that Israel became a state in 1948 not 1928. The impact of the Final Solution should be noted.

The problem was that Muslim Arabs with smaller numbers of other groups such as Christians, Jews, and Druze, were already there and had been so for centuries.

No, the problem is not the presence of Muslim Arabs. There is plenty of room for both. Just look how many millions of people live in Israel and "Palestine" and Gaza today! Compared to the barely half million in 1900. Look how many Arab Muslims live in Israel. The problem is not the presence of either ethnic group.
It becomes a problem when the Zionists wanted a Jewish state rather than sharing the land with the native inhabitants. The influx of European Jews after the Final Solution inspired with the Zionist vision of a Jewish state was a huge problem. The history of Palestine could have been different.

So, Zionists wanted a Jewish state (not a mere home among Arabs)

The Jewish people wanted a Jewish State, not a mere home among Arabs. The Arab people wanted a Palestinian State, not a mere home among Jews. Seems fair, don't you think?
No; the Palestinian Arabs did not want to be dispossessed and displaced.

and Arabs did not want to be displaced and dispossessed

It was never the intent to displace or dispossess the Arab people. (As is evident by the high percentage of Arab people living in Israel). Any displacement or dispossession which occurred is a DIRECT result of Arab aggression against Jews.
You are ill-informed on the creation of the Jewish state.

So, the point of going into all this with you is to point out that demonizing of the Jewish people moves us backwards rather than forward. It is not valid criticism of Israel to make broad sweeping statements about stolen land and apartheid and occupation and oppression and the lack of rights of the Jewish people.

What discussion should be about are concrete, practical plans to move forward towards a solution to the problem.
Forgive me but the occupation of Palestinian land by the Israelis is the root cause of the current problem today.
Outstanding.... Informative,Accurate Post, Eloy

He's good Hoss.....Eloy makes you Zionnuts look Fcuking Stupid.........steve
He might be good to someone with your mind set, but any reasonable posters being on these forums for years and years realizes that it is not the Palestinians he really cares about. This is his big chance to demonize the Israelis (Jews) while other innocent people are dying in the thousands in the Middle East for whom he could care less.,

I would challenge you to think about this in a different way. Yes, there are some extremely religious Jews who believe in some sort of G-d-given right to the land, but even that is arguable for reasons of complex Jewish theology that I won't bother to get into here. But for most Jewish people, and certainly for most Israelis, the primary reason for wanting a State is not based on religion or even on ancient history (although that certainly plays a role). It is based on the desire for a national self-determination, the same as the Kurdish people, the Catalan people, the Scots, the Tibetans, the Cypriots, the Serbs, the Croats, the French, the Spanish, the Americans. It is no different, except in one way. And that is the need for safety and security. The Jewish people, quite unique in the world, need a place to be safe. It is also based on the right of return to an ancestral homeland.
You say that most Jewish people want a state of their own is because they desire (i) "national self-determination". They also want (ii) "safety and security". You also claim that the Jewish people are (iii) "unique", And you assert a (iv) "right of return" to their ancestral homeland.
i) Jews are citizens of very many countries and so their nations have a claim on their aspiration for the self determination of these nations. Do you really want Polish Jews do not identify with the culture of Poland? Are Scottish Jews not really Scottish? Do you realize what message this gives to countries where Jews a citizens? Why would any Germans accept Jewish politicians, judges, teachers, and so forth, if their loyalty is to another nation? So be it.
ii) Are Jews in Israel safer and more secure than Jews in the USA? Seriously? If having a Jewish state in the middle of Arab Muslim countries while occupying Palestine and dealing with Arab native people with brutality is their idea of "safety and security then I would disagree.
iii) The Jews are no more unique than Catholics in Northern Ireland, Armenians in Turkey, or Roma in Spain. They have no claim on uniqueness than Basques in Spain and France or the Apache nation in the USA.
iv) The Holy Land is the mother of three religions, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. No group has a claim on having an exclusive right to live there.

How so? Palestinians want national self-determination in what they consider their ancient homeland. The Jewish people want national self-determination in what they consider their ancient homeland. The Palestinian people want to return to a land from which they were expelled. The Jewish people want to return to a land from which they were expelled. The Palestinian people want an end to oppression, equality and dignity. The Jewish people want the same.

So how are they different?
Palestinians do not claim a right to the land based on ancient history. Their homeland is where they were born and their claim is therefore stronger than Russian immigrants.

"Demonize" is a catch-all word to describe dialogue which is critical of the Jewish people or which denies to the Jewish people things which would normally not be denied to others. Saying "Jews stole land" is not a criticism of Israel and her government -- it is demonizing the Jewish people.

Well, in fact, the land was promised to the Jewish people in 1917 -- before there was a Final Solution. So, your claim is patently false. And the British did not offer the land to the Jews. The British offered to assist in facilitating the re-constitution of the Jewish National Home. The difference is the agency of the Jewish people.
You are correct; the English wanted the Jews out of Europe before the Final Solution. But antisemitism and the Jewish Question was current in the beginning of the last century and even before that. The Zionists had their eye on Palestine which was in the hands of the English so it was a win-win when the English got the Jews out of Europe and let them have a "home" (not state) in Palestine. After the Final Solution, the destruction of the European Jews made a "home" for survivors seem sensible and it is no coincidence that Israel became a state in 1948 not 1928. The impact of the Final Solution should be noted.

No, the problem is not the presence of Muslim Arabs. There is plenty of room for both. Just look how many millions of people live in Israel and "Palestine" and Gaza today! Compared to the barely half million in 1900. Look how many Arab Muslims live in Israel. The problem is not the presence of either ethnic group.
It becomes a problem when the Zionists wanted a Jewish state rather than sharing the land with the native inhabitants. The influx of European Jews after the Final Solution inspired with the Zionist vision of a Jewish state was a huge problem. The history of Palestine could have been different.

The Jewish people wanted a Jewish State, not a mere home among Arabs. The Arab people wanted a Palestinian State, not a mere home among Jews. Seems fair, don't you think?

It was never the intent to displace or dispossess the Arab people. (As is evident by the high percentage of Arab people living in Israel). Any displacement or dispossession which occurred is a DIRECT result of Arab aggression against Jews.

So, the point of going into all this with you is to point out that demonizing of the Jewish people moves us backwards rather than forward. It is not valid criticism of Israel to make broad sweeping statements about stolen land and apartheid and occupation and oppression and the lack of rights of the Jewish people.

What discussion should be about are concrete, practical plans to move forward towards a solution to the problem.
Forgive me but the occupation of Palestinian land by the Israelis is the root cause of the current problem today.

He might be good to someone with your mind set, but any reasonable posters being on these forums for years and years realizes that it is not the Palestinians he really cares about. This is his big chance to demonize the Israelis (Jews) while other innocent people are dying in the thousands in the Middle East for whom he could care less.,

My cat could make this bozo look like a fool.

giphy.gif

Zionists are people who demand a country exclusively for Jews. Not all Jews believe this ....

Actually, I can't say as I've ever seen a single Jew believe this. It is certainly not practiced, witness the large Arab population of Israel.

So, essentially "Zionist" is a term you throw about as another demonization of Jews. You are on fire today.

Load of Israeli crap.

They were attacked while in their own village before the 1948 war. They were not attacking anybody.

Actually, the village was taken on 12 May 1948 as part of the war. Specifically, that village was taken to prevent the invading Egyptian army from getting a foothold in the area.

So, what is Egypt doing to make it up to these people?

Egypt was part of the force that intervened to try to stop the ethnic cleansing of the Christians and Muslims of Palestine by the European Zionists. The British were well aware of this. You have been fed Zionist propaganda all your life, you can't accept the truth.

"Declassified UK reports document build-up of conflict, Jewish public's endorsement of their leaders' pro-terrorist stance and declare armies of Arab states were Palestinians' 'only hope'"

"The documents, which have a remarkable contemporary resonance, reveal how British officials looked on as Jewish settlers took over more and more Arab land.

"After an increase in violent attacks by the militant Zionists of the Stern group and Irgun, British officials reported later in 1946: "Arab leaders appear to be still disposed to defer active opposition so long as a chance of a political decision ...It is now obvious that the only hope of regaining their position lies in the regular armies of the Arab states."

British officials predicted war – and Arab defeat – in Palestine in 1948

Zionists are people who demand a country exclusively for Jews. Not all Jews believe this ....

Actually, I can't say as I've ever seen a single Jew believe this. It is certainly not practiced, witness the large Arab population of Israel.

So, essentially "Zionist" is a term you throw about as another demonization of Jews. You are on fire today.
Wishing Zionism to mean benign Jews who consider Palestinians as equals does not make it so.

giphy.gif
A braying donkey would appear smart like Einstein compared to a bozo (one of your favorite words since you vocabulary appears quite limited) like you.

giphy.gif
A braying donkey would appear smart like Einstein compared to a bozo (one of your favorite words since you vocabulary appears quite limited) like you.

Oh come on, you know you are a moron.

giphy.gif

My cat wants to meet your cat.

upload_2016-11-4_17-3-44.png

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Look in the mirror and you will see a moron. Strange how everyone who doesn't think like Monte is a bozo, a moron, idiot or some such. Maybe he gets up every morning, pulls on his Depends to start his long day posting, has his coffee,and then rubs his hands in glee knowing that he is going to be able to call people names such as the above.

"
Israel's Legal Right To Exist"...
...is, as with all 'rights', dependent upon what fellow humans accept, the majority being the rule.

It depends on the time period. For transactions executed prior to British rule the most complete set of records are in Istanbul. The British National Archives hold records for the Mandate period, but I am not sure that the British are allowing access for fear of upsetting Israel

Turkey transferred their records to the Palestinians a few years ago and are being digitized from what I understand, and many claims have been made to recover the stolen homes and land in Israel but, of course, Israel isn't going to give back the land it stole.

"Turkey Transfers Ottoman Land Records to Palestinian Authority
read more: Turkey transfers Ottoman land records to Palestinian Authority

So then, bottom line is no official Palestinian land deeds can be presented. Is that correct?

Official deeds/land records have been presented. The Israelis won't recognize them.

Niether does the UN as they are all dated after the land theft of 1949, why do you think this is ?
URAJOKE

Learn to be normal

So you dont believe the UN now when it says that the arab muslims stole the land from the Jews. Up until 1949 the land registry was ran by the British and that shows the land was Jewish. The ottomans had no land registry as such, just a two tier system with the land being owned outright or leased. The majority of the arab muslims leased the land as they could not afford to buy it

Learn to be normal

giphy.gif

Look in the mirror and you will see a moron. Strange how everyone who doesn't think like Monte is a bozo, a moron, idiot or some such. Maybe he gets up every morning, pulls on his Depends to start his long day posting, has his coffee,and then rubs his hands in glee knowing that he is going to be able to call people names such as the above.
Monte is a good bloke......anyhow he does not spend the whole day MASTURBATING LIKE YOU WANKERS...You Hoss like others on your side, just Plagiarize my content...In your case above>>>>"Look in the Mirror" and "Moron"

You Guys are just not Original like me....but just Versionists.....Much like your Synthetic Jewishness....Ya HOPELESS REALLY, YOU REALLY ARE.

I AM THE MAGNIFICENT>>>>>>>>AS ALWAYS http//www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_7Kx2FIFQY

giphy.gif

WANK ON

giphy.gif

My cat wants to meet your cat.

View attachment 96885
WANK ON AND ON.....

Forum List

Back