Me and Mine (lamentations) by BJ Barham

Me and mine have worked this land, for as long as my grandfather can remember,
plowin soil, diggin holes, haulin coal, to strippin down the timber
Then they came along and they shut us down, same old story, same old town
It's like we don't matter mama said, at least that's how it seems,
that's the day I woke up from the American dream

What are you gonna do, when the God you're prayin to up and goes missin,
leavin a trail of unpaid bills, broken homes and opioid addiction
Then a politician comes along, promisin that, he'll return the jobs even God himself cannot bring back
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, that's the day I gave up on the American dream

These lamentations are gettin too damn hard to sing,
these lamentations are gonna be the death of me-

You see, me and mine we ain't the kind to sit around idle and complain
we're tough as nails, mean as hell and not an ounce of quit is our veins,
but the harder we work, the more they take, til all the good is gone for goodness sake

Neither the left nor the right are gonna fight for folks in between, that's the reality of, the American dream

These lamentations are gettin too damn hard to sing
These lamentations are gonna be the death of me- these lamentations are gonna be the death of me-

Gdjjr- Thanks. Those words tell a a lot about the real America. Most in government only know about the fringe and there issues. Maybe add it to the writing thread. :thup:

• Banned
Well, I see a mind reading (but unable to read English) question mark coward moved this thread to "humor"

what a dumb fuck- there ain't a god damn thing funny about it you no balls cock sucker- you are still a NO READING mother fucker-

Well, I see a mind reading (but unable to read English) question mark coward moved this thread to "humor"

what a dumb fuck- there ain't a god damn thing funny about it you no balls cock sucker- you are still a NO READING mother fucker-
Ha ha, sorry, I'm not laughing at you or the very fine song, but at the Mod who probably didn't realise that by putting it in the 'Humour' section he was being more offensive than a gang full of Trolls could muster with comments.

• Banned
the Mod who probably didn't realise that by putting it in the 'Humour' section he was being more offensive than a gang full of Trolls could muster with comments.
Hence my NO READING MOTHER FUCKER comment which got me banned previously to "cool off" even though I was NOT hot-- it seems to be prerequisite to brain dead fools, (some mods in particular and this time I was not even informed, by a Coward Question Mark avatar)- many of whom are given power- reading is not a prerequisite to authority-

Forum List

Back