Jay Leno's Garage is back with a 1931 Duesenberg .

Who would go 170/mph with little to no brakes?
At 170 mph, who needs them. LOL
Yeah, if you got a heck of a lot of open road or salt flats it could work. At least it's heavy enough to stay on the ground, I have had a couple of these modern cars totally fly in the air above 150/mph

Clearly you've never heard about aerodynamics. Modern cars don't "fly" when they hit 150. Any car that can get to that speed will be solidly planted on the ground thanks to the downforce the bodywork generates.

Peddle your lies elsewhere

I dare you to attempt drive a 1987 Corvette convertible with top down & no spoiler to it's top speed of 165 mph! It will lift off the highway at 150 mph and the speedometer will show the tires spinning in mid air at 165 mph until you come back to earth & the tires contact the pavement again at 150 mph.

That car can't GET to 150. The Guldstrand modified one could. The factory hardtop could. Barely. I know, I owned one and sent it to Guldstrand for his tuning work. My top end increased 15mph, but my skid pad jumped over 1.1G, which back then was phenomenal. Only problem was I went through 1000 bucks in tires in 4000 miles!

Amazing 100+ year old Hybrid car!! ... :thup:

A lot of people aren't aware that back in those days there was still competition between electric, steam, and internal combustion engines in automobiles. It wasn't until the 1920's that gasoline refining improved to the point where IC engines could increase their compression ratios significantly, putting IC engines in the lead and winning out.

Anybody interested in this stuff can go over to archive.org and find old issues of Horseless Age and other old magazines on the early automobile industry, with price lists, specs, pictures, etc,. also MotorTruck magazines. The electric delivery truck pics are cool. Just use the year filters to find them.

Last edited:
Who would go 170/mph with little to no brakes?

There after market parts even for Model T's that would allow speeds of close to 100mph in the late teens and early 20's, two speed rear axles and a Rocky Mountain transmission kit, the latter sold for $60, and all kinds of head, exhaust, piston carburetor options, at least for Fords and Chevies. OF course I would want to go over 25 mph in a stock Model T with its standard brakes back then, but racing cars were around before many cars were even for sale to the public; most people assemble their own. The first Fords were assembled, from parts provided by the Dodge Brothers.

Clark Gable was a hot rodder fan; he ran into a mechanic who built fast Model T's that would beat the big sports cars all the time, annoying the hell out of those who spent big money on the latest hot cars, and had him build his cars up .lol

:bow2:
mail (2).gif
:71:

Leno adds value to the world. Letterman is f*cking parasite.
I didn't realize Letterman was so bad, until an MSNBC interview
just a few years ago when Trump was elected.

Liked him in the 90s. But when comedy was over, 2000's plus he turned into a huge shill.
He became insufferable. And he knows his followers are mindless tools.
Go back and watch how he announced his affair with his intern.

Forum List

Back