Jethro Tull

1623694276575.png

*****LECHEROUS SMILE*****

:)

Thanks, Angelo. Ian's voice, at this point, is pretty much shot. But the musicianship of the group, especially that of Ian and Martin Barre, shine through.

I think his voice aged nicely( at least up to his 60's), unlike David Lee Roth, Geddy Lee, Geoff Tate and a few more I could rattle off....Stevie Nicks - (don't waste the $)
Ian's 73 now.
During a video interview for The Big Interview with Dan Rather in May 2020, Anderson said he was suffering from the incurable chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) after being diagnosed a number of years previously. He went on to state his belief that a likely cause of this condition has been the use of on-stage smoke machines in live performances throughout his long career. Anderson continued medication to treat the condition, avoided areas of high pollution to avoid exacerbation of the disease, and practiced breathing exercises to keep his lungs fit, stating that COPD had otherwise not yet affected his day-to-day routine

Last edited:

Thanks, Angelo. Ian's voice, at this point, is pretty much shot. But the musicianship of the group, especially that of Ian and Martin Barre, shine through.

I think his voice aged nicely( at least up to his 60's), unlike David Lee Roth, Geddy Lee, Geoff Tate and a few more I could rattle off....Stevie Nicks - (don't waste the $)
Ian's 73 now.
During a video interview for The Big Interview with Dan Rather in May 2020, Anderson said he was suffering from the incurable chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) after being diagnosed a number of years previously. He went on to state his belief that a likely cause of this condition has been the use of on-stage smoke machines in live performances throughout his long career. Anderson continued medication to treat the condition, avoided areas of high pollution to avoid exacerbation of the disease, and practiced breathing exercises to keep his lungs fit, stating that COPD had otherwise not yet affected his day-to-day routine

It's not THAT bad, I guess. At least you can recognize the songs that he's singing. I haven't heard anything by him from the last couple years or so.

Forum List

Back