Joe Paterno

wavingrl

Nov 14, 2012
ATL
Y! SPORTS

• Asked of her impressions of Jerry Sandusky, Sue Paterno said "no one had a clue" about Sandusky's abuse. "He didn't socialize, so we didn't know that much about him as a person ... He was always joking, and in some ways childlike."

• Couric played the infamous Costas interview, the "are you sexually attracted to young boys?" followed by the damning pause, and it never gets any less disturbing.

• Couric correctly notes that the Paterno family's report is, by its very nature, proceeding from a biased point of view. Where the Freeh Report sees malice or incompetence in Paterno's actions, the Paterno family report sees either benign mistakes or incorrect assumptions. The truth, as always, lies somewhere in between.

• When asked why didn't Paterno "do more to protect these young men," Sue Paterno evades, perhaps not consciously, the question: "That was Jerry being Jerry ... The people who saw Jerry every day had no clue. But Joe wouldn't confront him. He didn't work for Joe any more." She noted that the Paternos did blame themselves: "Why didn't we see something?"

• "If he knew in 2001 what he knew in 2011, he would have done more." Sue Paterno did a fine job of calling out Couric for parsing Paterno's "I wish I had done more" line, noting that the full line included "With the benefit of hindsight ... "

~~~~
I don't know.

It seems to me that someone 'knew' something.

Last edited:
I believe it is preposterous for anybody to believe that Joe Paterno looked the other way and allowed Jerry Sandusky to sodomize a bunch of boys over the course of several years.

I find the whole sordid thing to be ridiculous, and an insult to Joe Paterno and his family.

Penn State should be ASHAMED of themselves for how they handled the whole situation.

They fired Joe Paterno, tore down his statue at the football stadium, and mercilessly demonized him.

In the end, Paterno died of a BROKEN HEART, and his family has been wrongfully shamed by Penn State University.

Forum List

Back