Journalists Arrested At Hearing By Order Of House Republicans

yeah they MADE UP ...the guy wasn't a JOURANLIST.

you are not only stupid but a huffington idiot to boot.

Do you understand what a journalist is? Anybody can be a journalist. If you observe and report facts, you are a journalist.

'Gasland' Journalists Arrested At Hearing By Order Of House Republicans (UPDATES)

Josh Fox, meanwhile, has issued the following statement to the press:

I was arrested today for exercising my First Amendment rights to freedom of the press on Capitol Hill. I was not expecting to be arrested for practicing journalism. Today's hearing in the House Energy and Environment subcommittee was called to examine EPAs findings that hydraulic fracturing fluids had contaminated groundwater in the town of Pavillion, Wyoming. I have a long history with the town of Pavillion and its residents who have maintained since 2008 that fracking has contaminated their water supply.

As a filmmaker and journalist I have covered hundreds of public hearings, including Congressional hearings. It is my understanding that public speech is allowed to be filmed. Congress should be no exception. No one on Capitol Hill should regard themselves exempt from the Constitution. The First Amendment to the Constitution states explicitly "Congress shall make no law...that infringes on the Freedom of the Press". Which means that no subcommittee rule or regulation should prohibit a respectful journalist or citizen from recording a public hearing.

As a filmmaker...that means I AM ENTITLED.........don't ya know:lol:
cry us a river....waaa

You should be genuinely concerned. If stuff like this is allowed to stand in the USA, where does it stop? But I realize you're too fucking stupid to understand. Carry on.

This is a fascinating thread for a number of reasons:

1) Cons obviously give lip service to being 'free'.
2) They love rules of govt when it suits them, but are always complaining about too much govt and too many rules and regulations.
3) Forget about cameras being allowed or not. This was a meeting involving people who REPRESENT you. They are not gods. They are not despots or dictators. They are there on YOUR behalf, not theirs. You have a right to know what is going on in YOUR government building. YOU are paying them to be there, and you own their arses.

4) This is what I've been banging on about on the odd occasion in various threads to neocons especially - they think they live in the freeist country in the world, when in fact they do not. Here is a classic example....

Addressing item two...Some are saying that a regulation requires them to receive permission to film our reps should be followed. Same goes whenever someone doesnt get a permission to protest. They claim to hate regulations unless they can cram that regulation in someones face

Authoritarians is a better description of those on the right...While they scream LIBERTY!

Do you understand what a journalist is? Anybody can be a journalist. If you observe and report facts, you are a journalist.

'Gasland' Journalists Arrested At Hearing By Order Of House Republicans (UPDATES)

Josh Fox, meanwhile, has issued the following statement to the press:

I was arrested today for exercising my First Amendment rights to freedom of the press on Capitol Hill. I was not expecting to be arrested for practicing journalism. Today's hearing in the House Energy and Environment subcommittee was called to examine EPAs findings that hydraulic fracturing fluids had contaminated groundwater in the town of Pavillion, Wyoming. I have a long history with the town of Pavillion and its residents who have maintained since 2008 that fracking has contaminated their water supply.

As a filmmaker and journalist I have covered hundreds of public hearings, including Congressional hearings. It is my understanding that public speech is allowed to be filmed. Congress should be no exception. No one on Capitol Hill should regard themselves exempt from the Constitution. The First Amendment to the Constitution states explicitly "Congress shall make no law...that infringes on the Freedom of the Press". Which means that no subcommittee rule or regulation should prohibit a respectful journalist or citizen from recording a public hearing.

cry us a river....waaa

You should be genuinely concerned. If stuff like this is allowed to stand in the USA, where does it stop? But I realize you're too fucking stupid to understand. Carry on.

my gawd, one friggen FILMMAKER..where does it stop...:eek::eek::eek:

2) They love rules of govt when it suits them, but are always complaining about too much govt and too many rules and regulations.
3) Forget about cameras being allowed or not. This was a meeting involving people who REPRESENT you. They are not gods. They are not despots or dictators. They are there on YOUR behalf, not theirs. You have a right to know what is going on in YOUR government building. YOU are paying them to be there, and you own their arses.

4) This is what I've been banging on about on the odd occasion in various threads to neocons especially - they think they live in the freeist country in the world, when in fact they do not. Here is a classic example....

Addressing item two...Some are saying that a regulation requires them to receive permission to film our reps should be followed. Same goes whenever someone doesnt get a permission to protest. They claim to hate regulations unless they can cram that regulation in someones face

Authoritarians is a better description of those on the right...While they scream LIBERTY!

Yeah, more or less sums them up..
BTW, HB is a sock puppet. More likely one of Manifold's, but could be Dante, too....shrug

Oh spare us ...the idiot KNEW the RULES...
but I'll give him a tissue if he needs one.

BTW, HB is a sock puppet. More likely one of Manifold's, but could be Dante, too....shrug

The trolling is obvious

cry us a river....waaa

At first, I thought you were just being obtuse. But I see that you are a genuinely ignorant person. One filmmaker/journalist was barred from filming at a congressional hearing open to the public. A hearing on a very important issue. What else won't our elected officials allow us to see? Carry on, sheep.

At first, I thought you were just being obtuse. But I see that you are a genuinely ignorant person. One filmmaker/journalist was barred from filming at a congressional hearing open to the public. A hearing on a very important issue. What else won't our elected officials allow us to see? Carry on, sheep.

the FILMMAKER knew the RULES he didn't get it done...so BLAME HIM, huffington sheep

Just wait...Soon Steph will begin her rant on Transparency and too much Regulations. Whats fascinating is that her brain is unable to make the connection between the thing she claims to hate and the thing she is defending right now. The Irony fairy is headed to Stephs house now

Just wait...Soon Steph will begin her rant on Transparency and too much Regulations. Whats fascinating is that her brain is unable to make the connection between the thing she claims to hate and the thing she is defending right now. The Irony fairy is headed to Stephs house now

we should have more of this in Congressional hearings..that is really what you want.

condi-hands.jpg

649700468_aaf455f4a1_o-1.jpg

Oh, I don't know... maybe all legislation passed by Congress, for three days online PRIOR to signing, like promised?

Those freedom-loving GOP patriots sure have a funny way of respecting free speech :eusa_whistle:

WASHINGTON -- In a stunning break with First Amendment policy, House Republicans directed Capitol Hill police to detain a highly regarded documentary crew that was attempting to film a Wednesday hearing on a controversial natural gas procurement practice. Initial reports from sources suggested that an ABC News camera was also prevented from taping the hearing; ABC has since denied that they sent a crew to the hearing.

Josh Fox, director of the Academy Award-nominated documentary "Gasland" was taken into custody by Capitol Hill police this morning, along with his crew, after Republicans objected to their presence, according to Democratic sources present at the hearing. The meeting of the House Subcommittee on Energy and Environment had been taking place in room 2318 of the Rayburn building.

Fox apparently had applied for credentialing the day before the hearing but had been unable to obtain official permission to film. He had asked a credentialed film crew to tape the proceedings on his behalf but was informed that this was not permitted.

Nevertheless, turning away journalists is extremely rare on Capitol Hill. The rules requiring pre-approval for film crews are designed to prevent hearings from being disrupted by hordes of camera operators. That was not the case for this hearing. Only two cameras requested entrance to the event, which was not crowded.

"I was chair of the Subcommittee for four years, and we frequently had people show up the day of a hearing to film," Rep. Brad Miller (D-N.C.) told HuffPost. "We asked for their name, but they were told if they would not disrupt the hearing, they were free to record. A couple of times staff said, 'You're getting in the way, don't stand there,' but other than that, I do not ever recall anything like this. We certainly never turned anyone away for not providing 24 hours' notice."

Yet another Attempt by a Liberal Liar to Distort the Facts.

Wow- the lefts version of Sherlock Holmes. How about we call you Shylock Holmes?

CC has everything and everyone figured out..just don't question it...they KNOW ALL.

we should have more of this in Congressional hearings..that is really what you want.

condi-hands.jpg

649700468_aaf455f4a1_o-1.jpg

:lol: Nice Dodge Captain Liberty :lol: Lets hear about how Washington needs to *snicker* be transparent and how asking them permission will not cause a problem :rofl:

I imagine it would go like this:

Steph: You need to be transparent Washington!
Washington: Sure, fill out this form and we'll think about it
Steph: YOU DAM RIGHT YOU WILL!! IF ITS ONE THING I HATE ITS BUREAUCRACY!! IS THIS THE RIGHT FORM YOU CROOK!

Why do lefties continuously whine like menstruating teenagers?

Lets not drag Stephanie into this :nono: Oopsie. she's already posting ;) :D

Libtards whining about transparency? Wow. With the whole 'three days online' shit that never happened... with the closed door hearings and meetings on Obamacare?

just... wow. Fucking hypocrites.

Why do lefties continuously whine like menstruating teenagers?

Lets not drag Stephanie into this :nono: Oopsie. she's already posting ;) :D

oh my dear...you've become a real bore..go lay your so called funnies on someone else, K

Forum List

Back