Jury convicts DeLay in money-laundering case

Delay is a real piece of shit. If you know anything about his and Abermoffs actvities in the Marrianas Islands with child prostitution no decent American would not be "Gleefull" at his getting caught.

Fuck Delay. I hope he goes to population and gets a big black sex offender as a celly.

Sweet dreams Tommy!

And I can name several that need the same treatment...but are ignored on both sides.

And so what? Get your prioities straight. And Happy Thanksgiving Huggy. :)

Delay has been instrumental in transforming what used to be a proud political party into the fundimentalist phoney conservative rat nest it is today. I'll take my victories where I can. If Ike or Barry were alive today they would spit on Delay ..or beat him to death.:eek::lol:

Thanks. I hope you and yours are enjoying the holiday!

And never mind that the once proud Democrats have been taken over by Communist wannabes [read that Statist Progressives] that have really fucked things up in the past four years.

So the problem here is politicians putting party and personal aspirations over their country and they don't give a shit about who they hurt in the process. (And that would be those they claim to care about and represent).

Hope you had a nice one Huggy. Enjoy your weekend.

If you can scale it back far enough, then you don't need to abolish it.
And yet...you still fail in your claim.
But you didn't answer the question. Why does the right fight on the side of dirty air and dirty water? How "dirty" is "not too dirty"? The right doesn't even study science. They leave it to the left to protect them. As far as they are concerned, if they can see through the water, they can drink it.
I have no obligation to defend against the nonsense your irrational hatred of conservatives tells you is true.

Like I always say, wingnuts don't have the courage to defend themselves. When challenged, they run away screaming like little girls, and they blame others for their cowardice in order to save face
When you can find a conservative fighting "on the side of dirty air and dirty water", then you'll have a point. Until then, all you have is a strawman.

historyguideku7.jpg

I have no obligation to defend against the nonsense your irrational hatred of conservatives tells you is true.

Like I always say, wingnuts don't have the courage to defend themselves. When challenged, they run away screaming like little girls, and they blame others for their cowardice in order to save face
When you can find a conservative fighting "on the side of dirty air and dirty water", then you'll have a point. Until then, all you have is a strawman.

historyguideku7.jpg

A company controlled by the billionaire Koch brothers, who have bankrolled numerous right-wing causes, donated $1 million to the campaign to pass Proposition 23, the California ballot initiative that would suspend the state's global-warming law.

Ah, do you and the echo chamber giving thanks to your post believe the Koch boys are liberals?

I look forward to the spin, or at least an ad hominem attack.

Last edited:
Austin news, sports, weather, Longhorns, business | Statesman.com

By Mike Ward and Laylan Copelin | Wednesday, November 24, 2010, 01:27 PM

Update: 5 p.m.:
Tom DeLay, the former U.S. House majority leader whose name became synonymous with the Republicans’ controversial rise to power in the Texas House, was found guilty today of laundering money in connection with the 2002 elections.

Jurors sent a note on yellow legal paper that a verdict had been reached to the judge at 4:46 p.m. They had deliberated since Monday afternoon.

DeLay was charged with money laundering and conspiracy to commit money. He faces a possible sentence of 5-99 years in prison and a maximum $10,000 fine on the money laundering charge, and 2-20 years in prison and a possible $10,000 fine on the conspiracy charge.

Prosecutors earlier said they believe the DeLay case is the first such criminal charge ever filed over Texas’ century-old prohibition on corporate contributions in state political races.
Delay, a Republican who was nicknamed “The Hammer” because of his heavy-handed style, was accused of conspiring to funnel $190,000 of corporate money through the Republican National Committee, which sent $190,000 in campaign donations to seven GOP candidates for the Texas House.

State law prohibits corporations from giving donations to candidates directly or indirectly.

Convicted on circumstantial evidence, in a Kangaroo Court. The Appeal should be interesting. Too bad for him his name isn't Charles Rangel.

Play it fair, Intense. Rangel is personally venial. DeLay was corrupt on a massive scale. The House should have expelled him, and in the next term, the GOP can do that if it so wishes. DeLay was a "godfather" of Republican corruption, and all true blue Republicans should be thrilled with this very humiliating public embarrassment and scandal. Want to know the reason for the failure of the GOP with the Contract for America: Tom DeLay and corruption.

Five to ten years should be sufficient warning to all congress representatives and senators that they are not above the law.

In fact, a "bounty reporter"law with rewards should be enacted for tattling on such people. Let people make their living from privately snooping out the corruptors and turning them over to the District Attorneys.

Thank you, daveman, for giving a perfect example of a straw-man argument.

historyguideku7.jpg

Keep running away, little girl. We're all having a good laugh at you

historyguideku7.jpg

Keep running away, little girl. We're all having a good laugh at you

It's hard to tell who's laughing anymore ... you broke the USMB laugh meter.:lol:

First we get....
A company controlled by the billionaire Koch brothers, who have bankrolled numerous right-wing causes, donated $1 million to the campaign to pass Proposition 23, the California ballot initiative that would suspend the state's global-warming law.

Ah, do you and the echo chamber giving thanks to your post believe the Koch boys are liberals?
Then this doozie....

You really have no idea how uproarious your projections and complete lack of introspection are, do you?
roflolrhard.gif

We do know just uproarious with a complete fail of introspection we find in yours, Odd One. You are a hoot and always bring a smile to everyone's day when you post.

historyguideku7.jpg

Really? Wanna talk about the hydraulic fracturing type drilling that is being used for natural gas in the NE United States?

People's wells are being contaminated, and their water literally burns. And yes, there are many GOP types in support of that.

historyguideku7.jpg

First we get....

Then this doozie....

You really have no idea how uproarious your projections and complete lack of introspection are, do you?
roflolrhard.gif

Thanks for sharing.

I'm not the one who launched an ad hominem attack, then pre-emptively admonished someone else not to come back with one in the next sentence, douchebag.

But thanks for playing anyways.

Naw Odd One, that was you.

Now listen carefully, [deleted, because I said I would be polite to the afflicted]. You have challenged me twice to a debate here on the Board, I have said yes each time enthusiastically, and you simply ran away.

Put up or shut up, [deleted, because I said I would be polite to the afflicted].

Last edited:
Last edited:
AUSTIN, Texas — Former U.S. House Majority Leader Tom DeLay — once one of the most powerful and feared Republicans in Congress — was convicted Wednesday on charges he illegally funneled corporate money to Texas candidates in 2002.
Jurors deliberated for 19 hours before returning guilty verdicts against DeLay on charges of money laundering and conspiracy to commit money laundering. He faces up to life in prison on the money laundering charge.
Jury convicts DeLay in money laundering trial - Politics - More politics - msnbc.com

historyguideku7.jpg

You think opposing CA's job-killing global-warming law is "fighting for dirty air and dirty water"? :rofl: AB32 regulated greenhouse gases, not pollutants. And if you think CO2 is a pollutant, you have a duty to stop exhaling. It's the only responsible thing to do.

CA's economy is already in the shitter. The Left wants to cripple it even further based on junk science and leftist feel-goodism.

You should be thankful Prop 23 was passed.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back