Just an Announcement : I cooked a full meal and didn't have to throw it out.

This is the second time in my life. The first was awhile back with spaghetti & meat sauce from scratch. This meal was hamburger steak with a salad and pork an beans. Before this its been one disaster after another. So I have improved. :cool:

Being handy in the kitchen is a sign you may have caught The Ghey...

This is the second time in my life. The first was awhile back with spaghetti & meat sauce from scratch. This meal was hamburger steak with a salad and pork an beans. Before this its been one disaster after another. So I have improved. :cool:

Not me I am still looking for that ''Caroline Ingalls type woman'' But I am running out of time at 62. And I gotta eat. :stir: Mickey Ds is getting rich off me.:blowpop:

No, no. Ladies appreciate a man who can cook.

Never show them you know how to cook or wash dishes. Otherwise you'll be doing that the rest of your life.

Congrats, I will take it you unused canned beans and didn't warm them.

Warmed them mixed with onion ketchup mustard.

Are you a bachelor in yer twenties?

Congrats! Cooking is all about practice. (A good cookbook like Joy of Cooking helps too.)

Congrats! Cooking is all about practice. (A good cookbook like Joy of Cooking helps too.)
Or frozen dinners...

Never show them you know how to cook or wash dishes. Otherwise you'll be doing that the rest of your life.
The trick is to show that you cook very well and wash dishes very poorly.

Grilling hamburger is a great place to start, all you have to do is not take your eyes off the stove and keep flipping (the burger). Don't do anything crazy while you cooking like decide to polish your rims on the car or sort out the tools in the garage and it will probably come out fine.
If you want to take it to the "next level" just add bacon to everything or grill some shrooms.

Are you a bachelor in yer twenties?
Nope 62 me and my family stayed close 5 sisters and a brother all living in the same property for years . Now there mostly gone. I took care of Mom and dad for years now its just me.

I think I deserve some kind of fabulous award for not killin anyone with my cookin.

Actually, I can cook like a damned chef. I've come a long way since the time I had a job as the cook in an Arkansas truck stop, back in'79. I lasted only 12 days there because I couldn't make biscuits and gravy worth a fuck.

Since then, my biscuits and sausage gravy are to die for. Chinese or Italian food always comes out great, as does anything else if you follow the recipe. But then my wife came down with the diabetes, high blood pressure, and kidney problems, so she eats a special diet. I usually end up getting a frozen lasagna at Walmart or one of those already-made dinners at the convenience store.

And we do swap out doing the dishes. Like the sign hanging over the sink in the kitchen says: "No man ever got shot while washing the dishes."

Forum List

Back