Just an Announcement : I cooked a full meal and didn't have to throw it out.

This is the second time in my life. The first was awhile back with spaghetti & meat sauce from scratch. This meal was hamburger steak with a salad and pork an beans. Before this its been one disaster after another. So I have improved. :cool:

Being handy in the kitchen is a sign you may have caught The Ghey...
No, no. Ladies appreciate a man who can cook.

Never show them you know how to cook or wash dishes. Otherwise you'll be doing that the rest of your life.
The trick is to show that you cook very well and wash dishes very poorly.

The Wife and I came to an understanding early in our marriage ....
I cook and she cleans the dishes.
She admits that it's the right way to go.

I love to cook....BBQ grill or a brisket or ribs on my smoker or chili in the kitchen...tonight I will dice up the grilled chicken from last night and make tacos black beans and rice.....and a six pack..... :SMILEW~130:

This is the second time in my life. The first was awhile back with spaghetti & meat sauce from scratch. This meal was hamburger steak with a salad and pork an beans. Before this its been one disaster after another. So I have improved. :cool:

Never show them you know how to cook or wash dishes. Otherwise you'll be doing that the rest of your life.
The trick is to show that you cook very well and wash dishes very poorly.

The Wife and I came to an understanding early in our marriage ....
I cook and she cleans the dishes.
She admits that it's the right way to go.

That's great. Good marriages are always a compromise. I had to give up crack cocaine and whores but like they say, "Why buy a cow when you can marry one, stay home, and get the milk for free?"

Fuck. This raspberry-flavored vodka is starting to kick my ass.

I think I deserve some kind of fabulous award for not killin anyone with my cookin.

yeah? are you a pro?

Yeah, I'm a pro alright. Or something.

When the kidlins were all still kidlins, I cooked army style... nothing fancy but plenty of it. More often than not, I also had mom, brother, some kidlin friend and maybe sis and her kid to cook for.

So I became legend in the family for my "Shut up and eat it casserole"

Casseroles I'd put most anything into... if it stayed still for more than a minute or two, it went in.

One day my youngest twin, who was kind of like little Cindy Loo Who looked down at her plate and asked "But mama! What IS IT?"

I said, Baby, that there is shut up and eat it casserole!

I'm mainly a weekend Chef.
The Wife and I discuss what we want to make come the weekend and we do it on Friday or Saturday.
She's my willing Sous Chef which of course makes things go smoother.
She has learned that prepping everything before you even fire up the pitt,turn on the oven or the stove top makes things go way easier.
She used to give me shit about prepping everything before hand until I told Her to go it alone.
She changed Her mind real quick!!!!

Who normally cooks your meals lg?

I think I deserve some kind of fabulous award for not killin anyone with my cookin.

Actually, I can cook like a damned chef. I've come a long way since the time I had a job as the cook in an Arkansas truck stop, back in'79. I lasted only 12 days there because I couldn't make biscuits and gravy worth a fuck.

Since then, my biscuits and sausage gravy are to die for. Chinese or Italian food always comes out great, as does anything else if you follow the recipe. But then my wife came down with the diabetes, high blood pressure, and kidney problems, so she eats a special diet. I usually end up getting a frozen lasagna at Walmart or one of those already-made dinners at the convenience store.

And we do swap out doing the dishes. Like the sign hanging over the sink in the kitchen says: "No man ever got shot while washing the dishes."

Now that we're retired and out in the boonies, I'm surprised we don't just run outside and bite at a tree or rabbit or something and have done with it. But since my brother has transitioned into a barnacle, we cook more than we want to.

Usually, whoever cooks doesn't do dishes.

James started doin dishes a lot more after I told him I thought men doin dishes was very very sexy...:)

Cooking is easy just watch the shows on TV...that helps a great deal....
and don't over think it....

Congrats! Cooking is all about practice. (A good cookbook like Joy of Cooking helps too.)
If I want to try something I go online and get the recipe....or I watch them do it on Youtube.
My wife can't cook anything other than eggs overeasy anymore.....so I have to do all of the cooking now.
I used to help with the cooking....but now I'm the only one that cooks.
She washes the dishes....which I'll go for that deal any day.

Who normally cooks your meals lg?
Up until a 10years ago I lived on 5 acers of property with 3 houses 5 sisters a brother there families and mom and dad. Mom insisted on doing most the cooking . since
then its been Waffle House , Chinese take out, Mickey Ds or a sandwich at home.

Last edited:

As a friend.
I guess you're not a very good cook...

Before this its been one disaster after another.
Uh oh...Spaghettios...

Screenshot_2021-04-13-21-36-34(1).png

lol.

Why do men get so fixated on loading dishwashers?

That's awesome. There are times that I cook something and it turns out so bad I quit.

I heart Taco Bell 4 Ever.

Forum List

Back