Just had the first Fall rain of the season

Natural Citizen

American Made
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 8, 2016
Actually, it's still raining, moving up the northeast corroder, but still raining steady.

When I say Fall rain, I guess gardners and outdoorsy people know what I mean. You know that first cold, steady, rain? The one that starts changing nature? I liked the way the season changed this year. The air is nice and crisp. And I think the fact that the atmosphere cleared up during our house arrests might have something to do with it, but I don't care to argue about it. I was just saying.

Anyway. Best time of the year, Fall is. I think so anyway.

We had that rain at 3:00 am this morning.

I jumped up & cracked the window open so I could listen to it...it smelled like winter. It rained for a good 3 hours.

We had that rain at 3:00 am this morning.

I jumped up & cracked the window open so I could listen to it...it smelled like winter. It rained for a good 3 hours.

I saw that one on the radar. It looked like a good one. Your rain is merging with my rain and it's all gathering in the extreme northeast now.

Got my window open, too.

Actually, it's still raining, moving up the northeast corroder, but still raining steady.

When I say Fall rain, I guess gardners and outdoorsy people know what I mean. You know that first cold, steady, rain? The one that starts changing nature? I liked the way the season changed this year. The air is nice and crisp. And I think the fact that the atmosphere cleared up during our house arrests might have something to do with it, but I don't care to argue about it. I was just saying.

I really enjoy October. The sky goes that deep clear blue and the temperature is perfect.

Pretty sure I put the last mow on the lawn for the yr.

Screw that.

I like mowing into November.

I usually give mine it's last shave toward the end of November, after I've raked up all the leaves, done my pruning and whatnot. I might topseed this Fall, though, and maybe spread a thin layer of mushroom dirt.

The grass has stopped growing, but it's not time to winterize the lawnmower and put it away until spring just yet. I'll need it a few more times to mulch the leaves into the yard.

I'm a mulcher. Those leaves fertilize the top soil. It makes no sense to me to rake them to the curb and have them hauled away just so they can sell them back to me next year as bags of compost.

Last edited:
Lawn mower is cleaned, packed up and put away for winter!!! And the hubby is praising the good Lord he won't see the mower again until late April! 2021!

No heavy rain here yet....

Though we had a very unusual thunderstorm with lightening a few days ago! We do not have thunderstorms up here in summer but once in a blue moon, so having one in Fall is a freak show!

The grass has stopped growing, but it's not time to winterize the lawnmower and put it away until spring just yet. I'll need it a few more times to mulch the leaves into the yard.

I'm a mulcher. Those leaves fertilize the top soil. It makes no sense to me to rake them to the curb and have them hauled away just so they can sell them back to me next year as bags of compost.
Most of the leaves on my trees hang on til first snow. Don't ask how they do it. Like to cut them but get overruled. Got to get up and clean roof off.

Fall is probably what I miss the most, moving to Arizona. No changing colors, unless I drive up to Mt Lemmon or The White Mountains. We are also getting our first rain tomorrow after a wicked hot summer. Really looking forward to a high of 70 degrees.

New Topics

Forum List

Back